Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Leeds at the Valley .. Tickets on Sale

Comments

• The thing here is a total disregard for home supporters safety. If it does go off think somebody must carry the can for this as it is so predictable that this is likely scenario.

Especially if we beat them!
  • What a depressing thread.
  • hindsight is a wonderful thing .. would have been better to allocate some of the lesser used areas near the Jimmy Seed to Leeds, especially in the East stand .. 

as for Leeds fans, in my experience they are mouthy and noisy, not especially violent or looking for a ruck, I'm sure others have different experiences  .. some of the Midlands fans are the reverse, silent and violent ((:>) 
    A bit like my bottom.
  • hindsight is a wonderful thing .. would have been better to allocate some of the lesser used areas near the Jimmy Seed to Leeds, especially in the East stand .. 

as for Leeds fans, in my experience they are mouthy and noisy, not especially violent or looking for a ruck, I'm sure others have different experiences  .. some of the Midlands fans are the reverse, silent and violent ((:>) 
    A bit like my bottom.
    I could not possibly comment ((:>)
  • What a depressing thread.
    Depressing for me.
    The boy wants to go to this game just seen £27 a ticket.
  • clb74 said:
    What a depressing thread.
    Depressing for me.
    As you're boycotting, who will he go with ?
  • There's only one person on this thread with an agenda. It's not hidden, but it's pretty boring and repetitive. 
  • I blame the remainers 
  • Charlton can reverse all the ticket sales if they decide to do so. It’s a lot of work for staff though and may cause issues on the day of itself. It is inexperience and lack of senior management that causes this, but that was always going to be the case because the club is staffed and operated for L1 or worse. False economy, Roland, and bound to have consequences. This won’t be the last.
    Nothing to do with a false economy, it is simply poor management by the ticket office management. All games should have a ticketing system where you have to register, regardless if its Leeds or Scunthorpe, in this current day and age you can submit your details online. I am frustrated with the way things are, but we are on a roll and it is really getting boring to keep putting a spin or a hidden agenda. Be positive. 
    It’s hardly positive to accuse the “ticket office management” of “simply poor management”. The staff lack experience of managing Championship games. There is no one in authority with that experience to advise them or to take responsibility. All departments are short staffed and operate under unreasonable pressure. Nobody above them cares about that. Hence they will make mistakes.

That is a consequence of running the club on the cheap - as was the nonsense announcement that they were going to check adult ticket IDs before the last home game, reversed after an outcry and never deliverable anyway because the resources are not there to do it.

You do have to register to buy a ticket remotely for any game, so no idea what you are talking about. And none of what I said above has anything to do with the team’s recent results, except it puts staff under more pressure. It’s your desperate agenda to link my comments to a view I don’t hold.
    Reversed after an outcry?
  • Sponsored links:

• seth plum said:
    Do you think if it all kicks off Cojones will come running out with a tray of cheese sandwiches to calm matters?
    Will it be vegetarian cheese? 
  • clb74 said:
    What a depressing thread.
    Depressing for me.
    As you're boycotting, who will he go with ?
    Mr No Trousers tells me he's going when a mate has a spare......he's confused.
  • CatAddick said:
    hindsight is a wonderful thing .. would have been better to allocate some of the lesser used areas near the Jimmy Seed to Leeds, especially in the East stand .. 

This really winds me up, why should we have to accommodate them as mentioned great away support but deal with what you are given ( as an england away fan i have to ), if you sit in home end and get a pasting for gobbing off - so be it, what concerns me is that in the west upper there are not that many fans so Leeds fans will literally be singing etc in our own home end, if they were to go north lower or upper a different story me thinks. 

IF it was a special game for example Bournemouth or burnley who were actually getting promoted then fair enough i suppose but this isn't, reading could of gave us more tickets last weekend but didn't tha'ts life. 
    I think you underestimate us west uppers :-) If they venture into WSK they will have a pretty unpleasant reception.  Just because we’re knocking on a bit now and we like our home comforts doesn’t mean we’ve forgotten our terrace roots...
    Those tartan rugs can cause a nasty carpet burn.
  • Addickted said:
    CatAddick said:
    hindsight is a wonderful thing .. would have been better to allocate some of the lesser used areas near the Jimmy Seed to Leeds, especially in the East stand .. 

This really winds me up, why should we have to accommodate them as mentioned great away support but deal with what you are given ( as an england away fan i have to ), if you sit in home end and get a pasting for gobbing off - so be it, what concerns me is that in the west upper there are not that many fans so Leeds fans will literally be singing etc in our own home end, if they were to go north lower or upper a different story me thinks. 

IF it was a special game for example Bournemouth or burnley who were actually getting promoted then fair enough i suppose but this isn't, reading could of gave us more tickets last weekend but didn't tha'ts life. 
    I think you underestimate us west uppers :-) If they venture into WSK they will have a pretty unpleasant reception.  Just because we’re knocking on a bit now and we like our home comforts doesn’t mean we’ve forgotten our terrace roots...
    Those tartan rugs can cause a nasty carpet burn.
    Not at our speeds.
  • CatAddick said:

Reckon you will be fine in K block. I'm in Q...next to the away end so might be some Leeds in there.
  • the worst that will happen is at the far end of the west and east there may be a line of stewards segregating and there will be some verbals, bouncing around and posturing
  • I hope that any Leeds in the home end keep themselves to themselves. Been to a few cup games when lots of away fans bought tickets, Dagenham I think being the worst. When they scored, loads cheered and got thrown out. 

What concerns me is I'm bringing my daughter for her first game. We are middle of East stand about half way up, and surrounded by a bunch of 30+ slap heads, so she wont be hurt or scared, but if there's trouble I'll be in deep shit with the mrs
  • McBobbin said:
    I hope that any Leeds in the home end keep themselves to themselves. Been to a few cup games when lots of away fans bought tickets, Dagenham I think being the worst. When they scored, loads cheered and got thrown out. 

What concerns me is I'm bringing my daughter for her first game. We are middle of East stand about half way up, and surrounded by a bunch of 30+ slap heads, so she wont be hurt or scared, but if there's trouble I'll be in deep shit with the mrs
    You should be fine there.
  • So cutting to the chase.......until now, approximately how many tickets have been sold to Leeds fans in the home areas.......and can we now put a stop to the situation or has a potentially serious situation already been created?

• Sponsored links:

• It's been stopped but from the looks of things, far, far too late.
  • It's been stopped but from the looks of things, far, far too late.
    ouch!!!
  • One team city.
  • How many went in the reading end last week 

if Leeds are in our ends and end up getting spun or it kicks off so be it 

it’s football it has always happened woll always happen 
  • Croydon said:
    Leeds fans at work talking of getting tickets in the home end, doesn't look to be anything in place to stop this yet as they can still just register online.
    addick05 said:
    I bet Leeds will have a few in the home end.

Be rather stupid, especially if Leeds score. Can see it getting rather busy for stewards and the St John's ambulance people!
    No different to Charlton fans in the home end at Reading on Saturday.

If our fans do it when we sell out or aren't given enough tickets then we can't really moan when Leeds (who could probably sell 5-6k tickets) do it.
    as i said...........
  • seth plum said:
    Do you think if it all kicks off Cojones will come running out with a tray of cheese sandwiches to calm matters?
    Don’t be so ridiculous.

They’ll be ham and tomato.
  • So cutting to the chase.......until now, approximately how many tickets have been sold to Leeds fans in the home areas.......and can we now put a stop to the situation or has a potentially serious situation already been created?

Until the day, it'll be impossible to know how many have ended up with Leeds fans.

Until the day, it'll be impossible to know how many have ended up with Leeds fans.
    Especially as we are going to do them and they won’t have a chance to get off their seats!

Not entirely true as the club should be able to identify anyone who has bought for the match who didn't previously have a CAFC account/ loyalty points.

Don't know what they then do about it, though.