Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Karl Robinson (Ed. Page 79 - GONE- Mutual Consent)

Comments

• Options
    The point is Fosu-Henry and James Henry are Championship quality when they are fit in body and between the ears. 
    They have lots of flair in the Oxford side but can they dig out a result on a cold misty windy night in Fleetwood where the smell of fish is in your lungs and the only hot air is coming from Karl Robinson and The Yob Joey Barton is telling him to Calm down, calm down or I will see you in the tunnel.

Oxford have 13 goals  in 3 matches but beware the bad weather.
  • Options
    I'm not surprised by this. He always has a good run in him. When things come together he has the right players fit and firing and his system works his side generally go on a good run. 

It's when things start to breakdown, players get injured or lose form, other teams work out how to counter his system etc. That he doesn't have the answer. 

He's a manager of massive peaks and troughs in results. 
    Agreed, there were some excellent performances under Robinson as well as some frustrating ones. 
    Which is more than you can say for Slade. We seem to have forgotten about him!
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    I'm not surprised by this. He always has a good run in him. When things come together he has the right players fit and firing and his system works his side generally go on a good run. 

It's when things start to breakdown, players get injured or lose form, other teams work out how to counter his system etc. That he doesn't have the answer. 

Agreed, there were some excellent performances under Robinson as well as some frustrating ones. 
    To me the biggest disappointment of all the Roland managers
  • Options
    The point is Fosu-Henry and James Henry are Championship quality when they are fit in body and between the ears. 
    They have lots of flair in the Oxford side but can they dig out a result on a cold misty windy night in Fleetwood where the smell of fish is in your lungs and the only hot air is coming from Karl Robinson and The Yob Joey Barton is telling him to Calm down, calm down or I will see you in the tunnel.

Oxford have 13 goals  in 3 matches but beware the bad weather.
    On their day I agree with you  

Phil Parkinson once said talking about Grant Basey after he put a Motm performance against us in the FA Cup for Barnet that he agreed that he was a good player on his day but that he wasn't consistent. This was the reason he hadn't renewed his contract. I feel it is the same with Fosu  
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

To me the biggest disappointment of all the Roland managers
    No disappointment from me, I knew he would be dross and he fit the bill perfectly.
  • Options
    Has done well to turn it around of late

Good to see Fosu getting his confidence back too
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Actually quite happy for him turning Oxford into promotion contenders. I think he tends to get underrated as he speaks so much puff, but he's a good man, an excellent man-manager and a...tactician
    Come on, you haven't been on the wind up for a long time, but Karl 4-2-3-1 Robinson, a tactician ?
  • Options
    Yeah, that's the joke!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2019
    Seeing Fosu playing well again, you wonder what went on between him and Xxxxxxx, and why he was so poor last season

Is that a rehash of a quote from the fans of the club that we got him from ?
  • Options
    Anyone who has seen the goals Fosu has scored for Oxford this season can see that he has so much talent when he has the ball at his feet.
    His best position is being given a free role where he can play as a number 10 behind the main striker plus he can still drift to either wing. At Cafc we had Taylor being the number 9 and drifting to the wing plus with Aribo getting the gig as the attacking player in the diamond who could score, TFH became a bit player that Bowyer couldn't rely on.
    Because your career falls away at Cafc, doesn't mean you can't still can't bounce back.
    Simon Francis, Leon Clarke, Neil Etheridge, to name just 3 are testament to that.
  • Options
    Still say that, however stubborn he was with his tactics, he laid the foundation for our current resurgence with our passing game, seemingly bringing the whole club together and of course Bowyer’s employment.

Never really wanted him as our manager, but glad he was.
  • Options
    Met my Oxford mate yesterday. Said Fosu is their best player. Explained why he left he countered that he is tracking back all the time. He hasn't seen any away games though.

A great talent and personally sorry to see him go. To counter another thread on here, why couldn't Bowyer get the best out of him when Robinson could?
  • Options
    Met my Oxford mate yesterday. Said Fosu is their best player. Explained why he left he countered that he is tracking back all the time. He hasn't seen any away games though.

A great talent and personally sorry to see him go. To counter another thread on here, why couldn't Bowyer get the best out of him when Robinson could?
    lLets not forget, that we don't actually play with any wingers under bowyer and never really have done 
  • Options

Every manager, however great, has a player that for some reasons it just doesn't work. They don't see eye to eye, they fall out, the player doesn't fit in the system etc.

I think Fosu is that player for Bowyer, even in the previous season his best form was under Robinson at the start of the season, I think people forget just how good he was then.
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:

lLets not forget, that we don't actually play with any wingers under bowyer and never really have done 
    Fosu could easily have played the role Leko has been playing for us, that in between winger and forward role.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Bowyer is very astute with players. Without having really seen Fosu at Oxford it’s difficult to compare how he is with them over how he was for us. I would hazard a guess that Bowyer was aiming higher and he just didn’t see in Fosu the skills that he required. Bowyer has our players playing with a very high intensity and he probably saw that Fosu didn’t have the makeup for that. 
  • Options
    From being our best player to last season being a passenger I think he must have a bad attitude I'm glad he's gone
  • Options
    I think it is pretty safe to say that Lee Bowyer knows a little more about midfielders than Hobby is ever likely to know.
  • Options
    Oxford on fire now , up to 5th in the table 
    6 wins and 2 draws in last 8 league games 
    scoring 22 and conceding 3 
    plus a league cup 4-0 victory against West Ham 

• Options
    Oxford on fire now , up to 5th in the table 
    6 wins and 2 draws in last 8 league games 
    scoring 22 and conceding 3 
    plus a league cup 4-0 victory against West Ham 

Has certainly got them playing well and Fosu is back on form.
  • Options
    Never quite understood the level of vitriol from the antis. 
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    Never quite understood the level of vitriol from the antis. 
    Fans are very quick to pick up on a manager who talks a load of hot air, as Robinson loved to do when backed into a corner. He quickly got the reputation of a fairweather manager. But as I said before, he's a good man and an excellent motivator. Players seem to like him. Perhaps he's, if anything, too friendly with them! But that's the sort of manager Fosu, for example, needs.
  • Options
    Had a visit tonight form one of our engineers at work and he is an oxford season ticket holder. 

He says that Robinson has got them playing some decent stuff and seems to have shaken off the safety first attitude he had with us. Then said that Fosu is an unbelievable player and cant understand why we released him.