Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Gunshots at London Bridge

Comments

• Been away with work or I'd have been wandering about London Bridge/Monument on lunch at that exact time.

Very scary thought. 

Fact my journey home will be a bit delayed doesn't seem so bad now. 
  • Office is just around the corner but I've been out at lunch by old street, hope everyone stays safe.
  • definitely shot on the videos I have seen

Looked like a member of the public had got hold of the knife too.
  • MrOneLung said:
    definitely shot on the videos I have seen

Looked like a member of the public had got hold of the knife too.
    I think people are more willing to have a go at stopping these incidents now. Probably thinking that they're likely to die if they don't do anything so they might as well try.
  • I saw injured people being brought out of the building in the first picture. 

In rhe second picture that van had earlier been very heavily swamped by armed police so it looked like it was involved.

• Whoever the assailant was I'm glad he appears to have failed to do whatever he was hoping to, and I hope his cause is not publicised. 

Better to focus on the civilian who tackled him. Perhaps one of these is in order: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Queen's_Gallantry_Medal
  • I was in the Mud Lark pub just under LB. Told that the guy stabbed multiple people and was wearing an IED. Everyone in a bit of shock...
  • A number of people have been stabbed. 

My heart sinks on such a good news day for CAFC fans, and thoughts
    are with those affected. 
  • Our office lockdown has just been lifted so seems like its all over
  • Sponsored links:

• Thank you very much so far for keeping this thread on topic in terms of reporting what you hear, sharing of knowledge etc.  
  • Was it actually in Adelaide House, or the building on the other side of Lower Thames Street?
  • Is it? We were evacuated before the stand down so I’m almost home. The police cane round and demanded it. I’m on Monument street. 
  • My son works at London Bridge, his phone was out of action earlier, but he has phoned on a borrowed phone to say he is safe and being evacuated to Blackfriars station.
    I am obviously relieved beyond words, but my heartfelt sympathy to those hurt and traumatised, and a huge thanks to the brave police.
  • seth plum said:
    My son works at London Bridge, his phone was out of action earlier, but he has phoned on a borrowed phone to say he is safe and being evacuated to Blackfriars station.
    I am obviously relieved beyond words, but my heartfelt sympathy to those hurt and traumatised, and a huge thanks to the brave police.
    I mean you should've checked just to see who was online on here! I've been on CL and safe in my office, and as you well know, I'm back home lol
  • Confirmed suspect is dead. 
  • Just come through London Bridge on train from Charing X. It was like a Ghost station.
  • Ultimatum said:
    Confirmed suspect is dead. 
    Oh well.
  • Just come through London Bridge on train from Charing X. It was like a Ghost station.
    What's a ghost station?
  • Sponsored links:

• Suspect was wearing hoax explosives according to Sky News
  • edited November 2019
    Just come through London Bridge on train from Charing X. It was like a Ghost station.
    What's a ghost station?

• edited November 2019
    Looked like a taser to me.
    Not seen a yellow gun before?
  • Looked like a taser to me.
    Not seen a yellow gun before?
    He was shot mate, and he is now dead, it's all been confirmed and the videos show this.

The copper with the taser may not have used it
  • Still a lot of activity. I'm on Arthur street and the office the other side was evacuated but we weren't. Closures will be in place for a while I'd imagine. Must be an outer cordon too as we are literally same distance as Curb It's photos, same road, just the other side of the bridge. Still sirens, helicopter and the such like around.