Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

++ MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL LIFERS ++

Alas, its that time of the year again. This is now our 14th Xmas message, where the hell are the years going guys? (head to the getting older thread).

The Xmas Party at CL Towers its safe to say was a disaster this year.  @stig , bless him, thought it would be nice to invite @sillav nitram along this year. Truth be told i wasn't over keen, last time we invited 'non-staff' @oohaahmortimer IBS problem after a box of red Lindt balls left us with no functioning toilet over the whole Xmas period. @cabbles run a poll on it but as per, messed it up with most of the options within the Other category, so we had no choice but to invite him. Sod turns up mid-buddhist festival whatever, full robes and a vow of silence. So we had to communicate by white board and have some headphones-wearing silent disco nonsense, with me falling foul of his wrath by thinking it was funny to randomly shout out 'Shabba'. Never again.

After a run of complete shiteness its been a much better year on CL. We had the amazing Wembley day to cap what was a real building run of positivity driven by Bowyer and his boys. And we end it hopefully on the cusp of a new era. I'm sure some wally in the distant past said something about a 'bumpy ride'...

Thanks to all those that help up behind the scenes with the moderating, competition running, preview writing etc, you really all the glue behind it all. Thanks to those that offer insightful comments and advice from the heart. Thanks to those that ensure without fail that not a day goes by that i don't laugh at a comment posted on here. Thanks to all those who support our charity fundraising and awareness aspects. Thanks to the incredibly small amount of you who still had access to your original registering email account :-(

So thanks everyone for making this such an enjoyable online community. We wish good tidings all of you and your families.

FInally, we are aware this can be a difficult time of year for many amongst us. Whether shared publicly or not, we know that a number of our posters have been impacted by ill health,  sad loss of loved ones or just in a difficult personal situation. Christmas can sometimes make that harder, so just want you to know that thoughts and well wishes are with you from all your brothers and sisters in our CL community.

Merry Xmas & Up the Mighty Addicks

AFKA & Lookie 

Comments

• thanks chaps .. all the best to you and may the 2020s be a great decade for you both personally, for your families and for our beloved C A F C (THE team for me) .. ((:>)
  • Happy Christmas to one and all, thanks for all your support throughout the year. 
  • merry Christmas to you and lookie and thanks again for providing a great site. 

Merry Christmas also to fellow lifers. 

This time next year we will be millionaires 
  • Merry Christmas to all lifers & a big thank you for running a great site.
  • Merry Christmas to all, really appreciate this place. 
  • edited December 2019
    Thanks to everyone who keeps this site going and to those who contribute so that others not always in the country can follow whats happening. I'm hoping that come season 20/21 I may be able to contribute more and pick up, when required, on match threads. However until then, Merry Christmas to each and every one of you, may it be peaceful and joyous. God bless you all and god bless LB and, hopefully, the new owners!!
  • Happy Christmas one and all!!!
  • Thanks AFKA & Lookie and everyone else who keeps this site running. It's a big part of my 'Charlton Life '..also, I wish every Lifer a fantastic Christmas and lets hope for a great prezzie very soon even if belated (if you know wot I mean).
  • Sponsored links:

• Lovely sentiments @AFKABartram

Thank you to you, Lookie and all who help make this such a special community.

Merry Christmas everyone, and I'm sure we're all wishing for the same happy start to 2020.
  • Match thread Saturday - about to switch off suddenly 2-2.
    Unanticipated elation.
    Value of site cannot be underestimated
    Seasons greetings and thanks
  • Thanks to everyone who keeps this place going. It truly is a haven. A happy Christmas and a healthy & prosperous new year to one and all. 
  • Mary Christmas!!
  • Happy Christmas all, hope all goes well for everyone. 

It’s been a funny old year of ups and downs with the club and personally. More ups than downs but the one constant has been being entertained by all the posters on this site so thanks everyone especially to admin for keeping it working.

Right, all the presents are bought and wrapped, all the food is bought and just needs preparing. People arrive from tomorrow here. Just me and the dog this evening. 

Bublé Christmas tunes, glass of wine and making the red cabbage and apple I reckon before turning in. Maybe even a Christmas film.

have a good one. 
  • thank you everyone .
  • Merry Christmas to all lifers. Here's hoping for 3 much needed points on Boxing Day.
  • Merry Christmas to everyone
  • Sponsored links:

• Happy Christmas and 2/10 limbs from me
  • Merry Christmas everyone 
  • Merry Christmas all that make Charlton Life a happy place.
  • I only visit the site altruistically, as if I did more work during the day instead of being on here, we would have to lay people off. 

Well done everyone who makes this work. 

• It's not even Christmas yet.
    But it's imminent.

Merry Christmas to all in the CL community: whether you make me laugh, offer informed opinion, uninformed opinion, or talk complete shite, it's a big part of my downtime and the first place I turn to for advice or thoughts on just about everything (since Wikipedia started begging for cash). 

And most of all to the chaps who started and maintain this massively enjoyable and effective way of wasting time, my most sincere thanks. 

Merry Christmas and a fabulous 2020 to the lot of you

• May I wish all my fellow Lifers and your families a very merry and contented Christmas. This forum is unbelievable and I respect each and every poster for their contributions whether I agree with them or not. We have something truly special. 
    My dad died yesterday but I know that this site will be able to distract me in the days to come. Here's to a beautiful 2020 for you all.

COYA!!! 
    sorry to hear that mate
  • May I wish all my fellow Lifers and your families a very merry and contented Christmas. This forum is unbelievable and I respect each and every poster for their contributions whether I agree with them or not. We have something truly special. 
    My dad died yesterday but I know that this site will be able to distract me in the days to come. Here's to a beautiful 2020 for you all.

COYA!!! 
    Very sorry to hear your sad news, both of my parents and father-in-law passed
     away close to Christmas in previous years so know how you feel. Prayers with you and your family.