Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Groundhopping

Comments

• Albania U21’s vs England U21’s at Loro Boriki Stadium in Shkoder.

75 in the away end including yours truly and a few other Charlton.

And a goal from Connor Gallagher too!
    Strange looking away end.
  • Steep seats all round.
  • Stig said:
    Steep seats all round.
    I'd stay down the front......
  • Is that where Stamco used to play? I seem to remember two grounds in the same park. Eastbourne?
  • Stig said:
    Is that where Stamco used to play? I seem to remember two grounds in the same park. Eastbourne?
    Not sure about Stamco.

Eastbourne United share with a cricket club.

Bexhill and the cricket site is also part of a park as well.
  • Just did a bit of googling. Computer says no. St Leonards Stamcroft (often referred to as just Stamco after the Sussex Turnery And Moulding Company for which they started out as a works team), used to play at 'The Firs' which is one of two pitches at The Pilot Field in Hastings. Bexhill Utd play at The Polegrove in Bexhill which is 8 miles away by road. 
  • Stig said:
    I am, not surprisingly I suppose!

It's very good isn't it?  AndyofKent site is excellent for directions to grounds, particularly as he bases all his directions based on public transport.  I believe he's a Charlton fan as well.
  • Stig said:
    Just did a bit of googling. Computer says no. St Leonards Stamcroft (often referred to as just Stamco after the Sussex Turnery And Moulding Company for which they started out as a works team), used to play at 'The Firs' which is one of two pitches at The Pilot Field in Hastings. Bexhill Utd play at The Polegrove in Bexhill which is 8 miles away by road. 
    The Pilot Field is not a bad little ground either.
  • Sponsored links:

• se9addick said:
    Was planning on going to Rangers v Ross County yesterday but that got moved due to the League Cup Final today after I’d booked my flights so I went along with my St Mirren supporting uncle to watch their game away to Hamilton.

Ground is tiny, with only two real stands. Attendance was something like 1,500, with St Mirren being about 1,000 of that. Pleasant little pub near the stadium almost made up for not being able to drink inside Scottish grounds.

St Mirren deservedly won 1-0 and had Obika upfront! Quality wasn’t great.

League 1 level?
  • se9addick said:
    Was planning on going to Rangers v Ross County yesterday but that got moved due to the League Cup Final today after I’d booked my flights so I went along with my St Mirren supporting uncle to watch their game away to Hamilton.

Ground is tiny, with only two real stands. Attendance was something like 1,500, with St Mirren being about 1,000 of that. Pleasant little pub near the stadium almost made up for not being able to drink inside Scottish grounds.

League 1 level?
    Probably bottom end of league one standard (possibly being generous there). Don’t think the stadium would be allowed at any level of the EFL. 
  • se9addick said:
    se9addick said:

League 1 level?
    Probably bottom end of league one standard (possibly being generous there). Don’t think the stadium would be allowed at any level of the EFL. 
    I don’t imagine it would, what with it being in Scotland.
    They permit a few Welsh ones! 
  • Stig said:
    Just did a bit of googling. Computer says no. St Leonards Stamcroft (often referred to as just Stamco after the Sussex Turnery And Moulding Company for which they started out as a works team), used to play at 'The Firs' which is one of two pitches at The Pilot Field in Hastings. Bexhill Utd play at The Polegrove in Bexhill which is 8 miles away by road. 
    Stamco hold the guiness world record for the shortest away journey by coach, they rolled forward about 5 foot in the car park got off the coach and in the Hastings United ground or Hastings town as it was known then. 

Dad played for stamco for nearly 10 years only replaced by the well known sasa illic in goal, then was assistant Manager  at Hastings United when they reached the 3rd round of the FA cup. 

Bexhill a decent little club, could well be relegated this season due to sharing with the cricket. Your have to come over to my club when your next down. Westfield 
  • Deal Town 2 AFC Croydon 1

Deserved win for Deal who went in 2-0 at half time. Deal took the lead on 15 minutes with a header from a corner, the second Deal goal came on 27 minutes. AFC Croydon scored late on in the second half.

Decent Ground, attendance about 300. A very welcoming and friendly club. I also had the pleasure to be invited into the boardroom by the Deal chairman Dave Chmura at half time for Tea and Sandwiches.

Admission £7
    Programme £1.50
  • Badger said:
    Deal Town 2 AFC Croydon 1

Deserved win for Deal who went in 2-0 at half time. Deal took the lead on 15 minutes with a header from a corner, the second Deal goal came on 27 minutes. AFC Croydon scored late on in the second half.

Decent Ground, attendance about 300. A very welcoming and friendly club. I also had the pleasure to be invited into the boardroom by the Deal chairman Dave Chmura at half time for Tea and Sandwiches.

Admission £7
    Programme £1.50
    An excellent gate at that level.
  • se9addick said:

Newport v Cheltenham today, was supposed to be Swansea v Charlton but Sky Sports had other ideas!

Finished was1-1, decent stadium pretty close to the town centre (which has some good pubs). Taylor Maloney came off the bench for Newport, didn’t do much!

Think that’s number 80 of my 92.
    Many from Cheltenham?
  • Sponsored links:

• se9addick said:

Newport v Cheltenham today, was supposed to be Swansea v Charlton but Sky Sports had other ideas!

Finished was1-1, decent stadium pretty close to the town centre (which has some good pubs). Taylor Maloney came off the bench for Newport, didn’t do much!

Think that’s number 80 of my 92.
    Many from Cheltenham?
    Couple of hundred probably, it’s not that far

• Littlehampton came from 2-0 down to win 5-2 against Selsey yesterday, this was a Sussex League Division 1 game.
    A fantastic ground shared by the cricket and croquet clubs.
  • Played cricket there back in May v Sussex Seniors. Had to be carried off with a back injury and carried to my car to drive home! 
  • Simonsen said:
    Played cricket there back in May v Sussex Seniors. Had to be carried off with a back injury and carried to my car to drive home! 
    Now retired?!
  • Stoolball - hmmmm

• Looks like a nice little bar, that’s what I would concentrate on if I owned a small non-League club.
  • se9addick said:
    Looks like a nice little bar, that’s what I would concentrate on if I owned a small non-League club.
    That's where they make their money at this level.  Particularly if the clubhouse is open during the week.
  • se9addick said:
    Looks like a nice little bar, that’s what I would concentrate on if I owned a small non-League club.
    That's where they make their money at this level.  Particularly if the clubhouse is open during the week.
    Dulwich are doing well with theirs. Plus the beer is very good. 
  • se9addick said:
    se9addick said:
    Dulwich are doing well with theirs. Plus the beer is very good. 
    Farnham yesterday were unusual to 95% of grounds at this level, you were not able to drink whilst watching the game.

That would normally have seen 20% of the gate with a pint in their hand.