Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Club cricket thread

Comments

• Former Zimbabwe international Greg Lamb has joined Minster as their 2nd XI player/coach.

I will make no further statement at this time. 
  • A whole team of imports (accepting that a couple of these will be in Minster's 2nd X1):

1.  Eddie Moore
    2.  James Hockley
    3.  Fabian Cowdrey
    4.  James Thompson
    5.  Kai Appelby
    6.  Julius Cowdrey
    7.  Sean Ervine
    8.  Greg Lamb
    9.  David Masters
    10.Daniel Masters
    11.Riki Ashwell

Good luck Sidcup and the other teams in Div 1. Those that aren't trying to stay up will be competing for the one available promotion place.

Still three months before the season begins so plenty of time to sign a few more! 
  • Any news or gossip from the KCL AGM held on Monday?
  • Will enquire at nets tonight!

In other news, David Masters has been appointed Director of Cricket at Minster... 
  • Pedro45 said:
    Any news or gossip from the KCL AGM held on Monday?
    The head of discipline has retired 😊
    Some points deductions in top 3 divisions and some fine tuning to the Vcc 

• Well deserved @lolwray. Intrigued now by who will start on minuses and why? Knew of some 'suspended' penalties...
  • PaddyP17 said:
    Wow.  That's another big signing! Looking forward to officiating them this year!
  • A whole team of imports (accepting that a couple of these will be in Minster's 2nd X1):

1.  Eddie Moore
    2.  James Hockley
    3.  Fabian Cowdrey
    4.  James Thompson
    5.  Kai Appelby
    6.  Julius Cowdrey
    7.  Sean Ervine
    8.  Greg Lamb
    9.  David Masters
    10.Daniel Masters
    11.Riki Ashwell

Good luck Sidcup and the other teams in Div 1. Those that aren't trying to stay up will be competing for the one available promotion place.

Still three months before the season begins so plenty of time to sign a few more! 
    With Piesley signed it's not just those in Div 1 that will be concerned about the standard of the opposition. It's also those in Div 2 of the 2nd X1 League because they won't be able to fit all these superstars in their first team.

It's somewhat bad luck that the likes of HSBC, Linden Park, Sidcup, St Lawrence and Upchurch are in the same Division for both Minster's top two sides!

1.  Eddie Moore
    2.  James Hockley
    3.  Fabian Cowdrey
    4.  James Thompson
    5.  Kai Appelby
    6.  Julius Cowdrey
    7.  Sean Ervine
    8.  Greg Lamb
    9.  David Masters
    10.Daniel Masters
    11.Riki Ashwell

With Piesley signed it's not just those in Div 1 that will be concerned about the standard of the opposition. It's also those in Div 2 of the 2nd X1 League because they won't be able to fit all these superstars in their first team.

It's somewhat bad luck that the likes of HSBC, Linden Park, Sidcup, St Lawrence and Upchurch are in the same Division for both Minster's top two sides!
    I've just seen that they're in Div 2 2s! It is a very, very, very funny thought that the likes of @Leuth could conceivably in one week be playing at a higher level than, say, Riki Ashwell or whoever. No offence though mate.
  • Sponsored links:

• I'm guessing he bowls my good one five out of six rather than four 😉
  • Cowdrey(s) have left Minster. 
  • iamdan said:
    Cowdrey(s) have left Minster. 
    I didn't know that. Reason?
  • iamdan said:
    Cowdrey(s) have left Minster. 
    Really?
  • Premier a league merry go round - Jahid Ahmed Left Blackheath - any idea where he is off to ? 
  • Heard Shootershillians CC have disbanded , not played there for over ten years , think I read a few of the players had moved on on here .
    was formed Shooters Hill 2001 when a mixture of Metrogas and another side or two combined , can’t remember who .
    Some good people down there back in my day .
    Anyone know why, lack of interest , funds ? 
  • Heard Shootershillians CC have disbanded , not played there for over ten years , think I read a few of the players had moved on on here .
    was formed Shooters Hill 2001 when a mixture of Metrogas and another side or two combined , can’t remember who .
    Thought that might be the case.
    I think it was mentioned possibly on this thread that a few shoots were of to Downham & Bellingham? and I thought that would put them in deeper trouble numbers wise.
    If the colts fold as well, I hope Micky O finds some way to stay involved with the local game (if that is what he wants).
    Thought that might be the case.
    I think it was mentioned possibly on this thread that a few shoots were of to Downham & Bellingham? and I thought that would put them in deeper trouble numbers wise.
    If the colts fold as well, I hope Micky O finds some way to stay involved with the local game (if that is what he wants).
    Yes, a load of them seem to be - at least four or five were at D&B nets when I was there a couple of weeks ago. Shoots were apparently always going to disband after a few pitch troubles and members drifting away. They were barely getting two sides out?

But it looks to have strengthened D&B's hand somewhat.
  • Serves em right for that dangerous bowling incident #neverforget
  • Leuth said:
    Serves em right for that dangerous bowling incident #neverforget
    What happened , shit bowling or the shit Shoots wicket that was filth 
  • Sponsored links:

• I bowled two accidental beamers at offspin pace and they took me out of the attack, the cheeky bastards. And now they have paid for it with their very existence!! 
  • So, shit bowling 
  • Leuth said:
    I bowled two accidental beamers at offspin pace and they took me out of the attack, the cheeky bastards. And now they have paid for it with their very existence!! 
    Tell me they got knocked for 6 or did the batsmen wear it 
  • Some balls I bowled got knocked for 6 that day, I forget if they were the beamers. They had this great fat bully who scored an unbeaten ton. I was taken out of the attack with them on the verge of a ten-wicket win. Very insulting. I got to swear at them a lot as I stormed off though. I am the very model of sportsmanship and sensibility 
  • In all seriousness, always sad to see a club close down. You'd hope the ground will still be used for cricket afterwards 
  • So another one bites the dust - very sad to see. My club Erith CC went a few years back and Shoots won't be the last. Not really sure what can be done about it though. Just doesn't seem to be people willing to commit to playing regular local club sport. 
  • Our first season was 1976 - I wonder how many of these clubs are still going?

RESULTS -

1.   v. Stanstead         
           (at Bostall Heath, 2.5.76.)                                         
           Stanstead 73 for 9 (all out)
           (Kingwell 6-19 - hat trick);
           Libri 74 for 8. 
           WON BY 2 WKTS

2.   v. Tilbury II
           (at Avery Hill Park, 9 or 16.5.76)                               
           Libri 72 all out;
           Tilbury 62 all out
           (Kingwell 5-34, Newman 3-8 - hat-trick).
           WON BY 10 RUNS

3.    v. Slade Green
           (at Slade Green, 16 or 23.5.76)                                 
           Slade Green 100 all out
           (Kingwell 4-45, Taylor, M. 4-10);
           Libri 102 for 7.
           WON BY 3 WKTS

4.    v. Burpham
           (at Burpham, 30.5.76)                                                 
           Burpham 100 all out
           (Taylor, M. 5-26);
           Libri 89 all out.
           LOST BY 11 RUNS

5.    v. Merlyn
           (at Avery Hill Park, 13.6.76.)                                      
           Merlyn 216 for 7;
           Libri 57 all out.
           LOST BY 159 RUNS

6.    v. West Drayton
           ( at West Drayton, 20.6.76)                                        
           West Drayton 79 all out
           (Newman 8-19);
           Libri 80 for 7.
           WON BY 3 WKTS

7.    v. Atlantic
           (at St.George's Park, 27.6.76)                                    
           Libri 134 all out
           (Newman 51, Christopher 42);
           Atlantic 135 for 3.
           LOST BY 7 WKTS

8.    v. Old Colfe's III
           (at Avery Hill Park, 4.7.76.)                                        
           Libri 168 for 6
           (Fielder 45, Taylor, M. 45);
           Old Colfe's 155 for 8.
           DRAWN

9.    v. Surrey Libraries                                                        
           (at Avery Hill Park, 11.7.76.)                                           
           Libri 137 all out (Fielder 44);
           Surrey Libraries 25 all out
           (Bell 6-12).
           WON BY 112 RUNS 

10.  v. Drovers Lodge
           ( at Honor Oak Park, 18.7.76.)                                   
           Drovers Lodge 129 all out      
           (Newman 4-27,
           Taylor, M. 4-22);
           Libri 130 for 6
           (Bassett 47*).
           WON BY 4 WKTS

11.  v. Drovers Lodge                                                        
           (at Southwark S. G. 1.8.76.)                                       
           Drovers Lodge 128 for 9;
           Libri 105 for 8
           (Newman 54).
           DRAWN

12.  v. Blackheath Wnds III                                              
           (at Avery Hill Park, 8.8.76.)                                        
            Blackheath 105 all out
           (Newman 4-32,
           Taylor, M. 4-18);
           Libri 107 for 5
           (Bassett 41*).
           WON BY 5 WKTS

13.  v. Milne Park
           (at Addington Park, 15.8.76.)                                     
           Libri 87 all out;
           Milne Park 91 for 5.
           LOST BY 5 WKTS

14.   v. Castle
            (at Avery Hill Park, 22.8.76)                                       
            Castle 109 for 9;
            Libri 72 all out.
            LOST BY 37 RUNS

15.   v. Ilford Catholic                                                        
           (at Hainault Rec., 29.8.76.)                                        
           Ilford 61 all out
           (Newman 5-29, Taylor, M. 4-3);
           Libri 29 for 9 (all out).
       LOST BY 32 RUNS

16.  v. Surrey Libraries
           (at Byfleet, 12.9.76)
           Libri 108 for 8;
           Surrey Libraries 81 all out
           (Taylor 4-22)
           WON BY 27 RUNS

Other match:

v. Agricola
           (at Battersea Park, 18.8.76.)                                      
           20 overs game
            Libri 89 all out;
           Agricola 89 all out.
           (not included in the overall statistics)
           MATCH  TIED

Matches Played
                won   
                lost    
    drawn