Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Hair?

Used clippers on myself, with my son's "help", at the weekend. I now resemble a cross between Henry V and Doc Brown in Back To The Future! My son wouldn't allow me to reciprocate but has afforded himself a "mullet". Somewhat surprisingly, the wife won't let us anywhere near her barnet. Once this is all over, she will, no doubt, resemble a poor man's Lady Godiva - minus the horse and hopefully with her clothes still intact. 

Never in this household have hairdressers been more respected and in these times the follically  challenged amongst us are definitely King.

The question is though - what are you doing? Letting it grow? Clipping it? Changing styles totally? Or, simply, shaving the lot off?

Comments

• I am strangely tempted by a DIY buzz cut but I think all the work videocalls will stop me.....at least for a while.....
  • I only wish I had the choice! 
  • My son cut his hair yesterday with clippers, not bad for a first attempt!
    Total respect to hairdressers and barbers. I miss mine big time as the badger stripe of grey widens!
  • have got clippers and always used to do myself a no 1 all over, haven't cut it myself for about 10 years now but will be reverting back to that in about 2/3 weeks time I reckon. 

The boy is also gonna have his first all over chop as well....he doesn't know it yet!
  • It will be interesting to see which MPs/ tv personalities etc continue to turn out with well-kept hair.
  • Clippers are the way forward...
  • It will be interesting to see which MPs/ tv personalities etc continue to turn out with well-kept hair.
    Not to mention Lyle Taylor.
  • Sponsored links:

• My hair has got fairly long, not had it cut since December. Seriously thinking about doing it myself.
  • Anyone else getting the ad for "Bell Street Barbers" in this thread?
  • I'm leaving mine to grow, big hair cut in September when it's safe to go back to a barber. not going for a COVID crop 
  • I got clippers from Sainsbury’s on Saturday, not sure when I’ll use them but I will soon.
  • I’m going for the George Berry/Steve Dowman look
  • I only wish I had the choice! 
    Saves on shampoo.
  • edited March 2020
    I was only thinking about this this morning after looking in the mirror. I think there’s a barbers open up the road but I won’t chance it. I’ve also grown a beard to add to my state of mess. 
  • Sponsored links:

• I started losing my hair when I was 17 and I’ve tried various hair styles ove the years. At 34 I took the decision to shave everything off and have kept it that way for the past 24 years. #noregrets
  • Did mine the other day, grade zero. Mind you can't do much wrong on that setting.

What if it looks bad, not many people out and about to see you.
  • My wife gave me a no.3 all over yesterday. I went from Joe Strummer quiff to suedehead in 10 minutes.
  • Gonna go full footballer and get an Alice band.
    This is the way. Knew you'd come round eventually.
  • I know it’s been around a while, but thinking of using these fellas.

https://youtu.be/pyelx99_zFs
  • Solidgone said:
    I was only thinking about this this morning after looking in the mirror. I think there’s a barbers open up the road but I won’t chance it. I’ve also grown a beard to add to my state of mess. 
    Perhaps a word in the ear that they are not essential workers.
  • I'm not shaving or having a haircut until this is all over. I have never grown a beard before because its so patchy. I'm seeing if it gets long enough the patches will be covered.... think its optimistic but will report back! 
  • I am going for the swept back, big quiff look, it should look terrific after 3 months in isolation ((:>) .. we will see