Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Millwall | Fri 03 Jul 2020| Post-match thread

Comments

• Options
    When was the last time a non-Taylor striker scored for us? Was it Davison?
  • Options
    Nothing to do with a bottle job as some people seem to think,we had plenty of the play but have absolutely no goal threat whatsoever,Dillon made a very rare error and it cost us,cannot dwell on this .
    Would we play like that against anyone else? We always bottle it against them. Always.
  • Options
    Totally blunt up front, needs sorting or else we will get dragged into the shit. 
  • Options
    Pratley and Matthews excellent. Everyone else was weak, maybe with the exception of the centre backs to be fair. But up front we were awful. 
  • Options
    I HATE FOOTBALL!!!
  • Options
    Cooper will be chuffed to bits with that goal, he’s surely got the law of averages against him there and still smashed the net to bits....the basted
  • Options
    So frustrating, powder puff up front

Lyle plays and we win that 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited July 2020
    Angry. Why won't we shoot, and when we do shoot, why is it like the return of Spongefoot? It's embarrassing. 

Worst bunch of strikers in living memory
  • Options
    Millwall were more relaxed than us. Everybody from Bowyer down looked nervous. Millwall were relaxed and on their game, their strengths were deployed well, we were a bit worse than in the last three games.
    It wasn't a game for passengers, but we lacked telling contributions from too many of our players, they didn't mean it, but were simply bettered...as usual against Millwall.
    A sickener, however we have to try to respond in the remaining matches, at least they didn't score a hatful so it is still in our hands.
    Not possible to feel good this evening, but it is always like this against them.
  • Options
    Unfortunately in 4 games since the lockdown the forwards look like they cant hit a barn down - what do they do in training
    Matthews at fault for the goal - good first touch and going forward - but the number of goals that come from his side is unbelievable - he is always gives his winger far too much room !! Should have left Lapslie there from the last game.. 
  • Options
    Posted this on the match thread just before it was closed ...

Let's face facts folks:

We could be having a season that makes Liverpools Premier League-winning campaign look like a mid-table effort and we'd still lose both games to these ****s.
    As Paulie said to me over text, we could be Liverpool and they could be Conference and they would still beat us

Its frustrating and demoralising that they keep beating / drawing with us but just beyond the angry point now and dont know why people bother wasting their anger

Water is wet, the sky is blue, Charlton dont beat Millwall
  • Options
    Well that was entirely as I expected it to be. Two poor sides but we have the sting of a butterfly. Without anybody who can score a goal we are going to be struggling to stay in this division.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Shit game. Millwall the more cohesive team. Our forward play was painful to watch and midfield was poor. Central defense would be the only ones to come out with any real credit with Pratley our MOM by some distance. 

Just give the scummy wankers 6 points at the start of the season and save us from the 180 minutes of shit we always serve up against them.
  • Options
    physically stronger and fitter. Men vs Boys. We were carrying McGeady. Bonne couldn’t score in a brothel. Fear for us now. Lee got it wrong today. 
  • Options
    Ffs

Proper grumpy now 
  • Options
    5 wins out of 38 games against them since I started supporting Charlton. I never want to play them again. Sick of it!
  • Options
    Tonight showed we miss Lyle Taylor big time
  • Options
    Strikers who can't hit the ball hard.  How has Hemed made a career at the top of football so.long, he is slow and has a sponge foot.  I could have scored in that game.
    Because he's knocking on. Look at his goals for Brighton, very few soft shots.
  • Options
    Total crap as always against Millwall but sadly its almost like we need to write off this fixture every year. Some kind of ancient curse.