Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Millwall | Fri 03 Jul 2020| Post-match thread

Comments

• Options
    ct_addick said:
    sammy391 said:
    Terrible performance all over the field!
    do they train together!?

hemed and Bonne looked lively for the first 5 and then it was back to usual lacklustre- hemed decent at hold up play, but we have no one to compliment that! 

McGeady should be nowhere near the wings, let alone the centre of midfield- dillydallied on the ball whenever he had it and Absolutely no creativity- what does he bring??? 

Morgan was the brighten performance there, but hooked off for wha ever reason, with Cullen being under the mosh every time he has the ball - Millwall did a good job on him! 

Oshilaja is no left back, and have no idea what purrington has to do to get into the team!

Our crossing Was diabolical both from open and set plays- so with the main style of our football being long balls to the big guys, why are we ballooning every cross high into the sky or over hitting them? 

Needed the point, and could be in a bloody worrying position come tomorrow evening! Back to basics needed for Brentford and grind out a draw, because on that performance we are done for! 
    McGeady should be nowhere near the pitch! The usual capitulation. Fed up with losing to Millwall. Looking at that we are piss poor.
      Say a lot about where Williams is Post Lockdown if he's keeping him out.
    Not sure what's gone on with him

• Options
    And will people stop taking about Millwall  getting into the play-offs. They are bang average & will lucky to be top 10. No doubt they will lose against the teams down with us.
    You know what people are like on here doom and gloom merchants lol.

Millwall could be 8 points from the play offs with 3 games to go and a worse goal difference and people will still be on here saying they are getting play offs.

Personally I cant see Millwall getting Play offs and I think we will be fine
  • Options
    Have Wycombe just signed Gareth Ainsworth from Bon Jovi?
  • Options
    It was going to be tough to survive before the restart but now it looks harder.

No excuses tonight where was the drive and determination.... Millwall were better but we didn't fight enough. 

Dreading Brentford and now we want Wigan to lose games and Barnsley and Luton to feck up... Its too much to rely on and now everything is aimed at Reading brum and Wigan... Gawd help us. 

By the way it's easy to blame Lyle feck face but let's be honest he's fucked us. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I swear I would show more Bollox against T Rex  than Charlton show against millwall. 
    It's nothing short of a fuckin disgrace.
    Well to be fair, Marc Bolan is dead, which helps.
  • Options
    Lee must keep their heads up particularly beyond the next one. I thought it was a nailed on 0-0 until the 82nd minute and then the bubble burst. We have got to find a way to score in open play against Reading, Birmingham and Wigan (38 PTs).
  • Options
    Losing to a bang average side is not good. The chance Bonne had in the first half has to be put away. The Hemed one too deserved a better shot. If it wasn't for the fact we know who we were playing I really could not see us conceding. 
    But yes it will never change. The worst Millwall side I have seen still beat us in the Solly sending off game. 
  • Options
    It’s the hope that kills you.

However, the team cannot at this crucial time of the season, allow this result to play on their mind. Of course, as fans, were going to be annoyed but we need to see a response next week & we need one. 

Was it just my stream or was there no crowd noise tonight? Would that not have been a motivational factor? 

Frustrated.
  • Options
    Bow giving a clear and honest interview.
  • Options
    The game was fairly even if you take a step back and run your finger down the stat line. They took one of their chances, we couldn’t score for toffee.

Unfortunately our newly stellar defence is being sorely let down by bang average attacking options.

Need to find a goal, a bit of luck from somewhere
    No no no. Sorry mate but that is not good enough.
    I said it earlier, you have to WANT to score.
    Not hope, not pray, not work hard and it'll fall for you, not trust to luck.
    You need to want it enough to make it happen.
    Unless one of these pussies steps up we are playing with one hand tied behind our back
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Inevitable, naturally.

A lively game at a brisk tempo. We played well in patches – but not for long enough, and without power or guile up front. The Spanners were superior: quicker moves with neat and accurate passing, and dangerous crosses.

Our crossing was lousy again, routinely overhit: Cullen, Matthews and McGeady the culprits. Our free-kicks were uninspired when not downright wasted.

Pearce and Lockyer were resolute as usual, but we posed even less of an attacking threat once Pratley retreated to the back line. Need two better strikers next season. Not one, but two.

Matt Smith looks uncannily like the former Spanner Teddy Sheringham. Remarkable, as David Coleman would have squawked.

• Options
    Far, far too depressed to write anything meaningful except to say what the hell is Aidan McGeady doing starting in this team?

LB, I know you know far more about football in your little finger than I do but you really, really have a got a blind spot playing this guy. 
  • Options
    Very pissed off with the forwards.
  • Options
    This was a game we should at least got a point from. Brentford we beat last time but I doubt it now as they are flying! Just not good enough with this team at moment - McGeady needs role somewhere but not sure, setup not right? Bring on Davison & kids to give it a go - brave effort at Swansea on a wet night. We can't blame Taylor, we got to go with what we got & make sure Reading, Brum & Wigan are wins - 9 points might be enough?
  • Options
    LoOkOuT said:
    What was the mistake that some think Dillon made? Maybe he could have parried it out of play but it likes to me that he made a great save and the Millwall player reacted to the rebound a shade quicker than Lockyer did. 
    Nah that's some rose tints on there, mate. Straight at him and he's parried back into danger. He's been superb all season for us, but that's definitely down as poor keeping. 
  • Options
    RC_CAFC said:
    ct_addick said:
    physically stronger and fitter. Men vs Boys. We were carrying McGeady. Bonne couldn’t score in a brothel. Fear for us now. Lee got it wrong today. 
    I don’t really agree with that last sentence. I can’t see how we could have set up much different. McGeady was a weak link but Williams didn’t have 90 mins in him, Green was terrible last game and Field is too defensive. Bowyer showed faith in a technically limited side that have won their last two games. They weren’t good enough to get it tonight but if Bonne puts that one away first half and we hold it like we have been then we’re all calling him a genius.
    Mate how the fcuk can you play Oshilaja at left back! Our quickest player was on the bench until the 80th minute and you start a washed up 34 year old. I’m done......absolutely fuming. 
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    SDAddick said:
    For those talking about strikers who can't score, it's not like they have chances either. 
    But they have had chances. They've each had clear chances to score. Bonne especially has had two or three put on an absolute plate for him now. And he's fluffed all of them. Hemed has not even managed to get a decent shot away when he's been given the opportunity.