Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bowyer Talks - Weekly press conference updates

Comments

• Options
    As we've seen for 25 years talk is cheap. 
  • Options
    As we've seen for 25 years... Its the hope that kills you! 
  • Options
    As we've seen for 25 years, every silver lining does have a cloud.....
  • Options
    I dunno, Valley Pass is quite expensive  ;)
  • Options
    We defended well when we beat them, but it was last ditch, backs to the wall stuff. I was impressed with them and it is probably as hard a match as you can have in the Championship right now, but Charlton do pull these weird results out of the bag from time to time.
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:
    Brentford game was the biggest smash and grab ive ever seen, they battered us for 90mins
    Lets hope we can do it again tomorrow
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Not hopeful when Lee uses so many "very very goods' about attackers and the team in general. 

I'll feel we are being prepared for the Alamo! 
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    We defended well when we beat them, but it was last ditch, backs to the wall stuff. I was impressed with them and it is probably as hard a match as you can have in the Championship right now, but Charlton do pull these weird results out of the bag from time to time.
    Yes, it was a bit like the Alamo. Difference then was that we had Taylor, Gallagher and Leko as an outlet and managed to grab a goal.
    I think this is key to the way we play. What we did manage against Cardiff was to have an outlet thanks to Aneke. When he went off we lost that but hung on but I wouldn't have wanted to have to do that much longer. You can't expect to get anything against a team like Brentford twice by doing that. Bowyer is going to have to find a way to release the pressure so the ball doesn't just keep coming back at us. I wouldn't be surprised if we have three centre halves - Sarr's passing quality could help us. 
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:
    Brentford game was the biggest smash and grab ive ever seen, they battered us for 90mins
    Norwich and Burton away trump it for me
  • Options
    https://londonnewsonline.co.uk/charlton-striker-an-injury-doubt-for-reading-match-addicks-boss-gutted-for-defender/

Certainly sounds like Page wont be offered a new deal

Bowyer talks like he wants Page to get a game or two before the end of the season if possible so he can showcase his ability to any potential clubs 
  • Options
    Andre Green's arthritic toe causing problems again.
    Seems like Green & Page just can't get fit for professional football.
  • Options

“The most important thing for Lewis is that he gets back and has a good end to the season – that will open up a lot of different doors.

“The most important thing for him and for us is that he’s available for the last few games.”

Sounds like he's not ruling out our door being one of those that opens up. Pay as you play for instance. 

• Options

Another day of graft at Sparrows Lane in the bag
    All eyes on
  • Options

Supporters can watch Lee Bowyer's pre-Reading press conference below.

The Charlton Manager spoke to members of the press ahead of Saturday's game at The Valley.

Valley Pass subscribers and supporters who have purchased Saturday's game against Reading on Valley Pass can watch the press conference below. To purchase a Valley Pass package click here.

• Options
    edited July 2020
    Notice Bowyer has said that Danny Murphy is still at the club and is helping out with the player fitness, advising Lee when players should be rested etc. 

Also doesn't see Wigan winning their appeal against Administration

Doesnt see the need for the drinks breaks either now, especially when its been raining 
  • Options
    Notice Bowyer has said that Danny Murphy is still at the club and is helping out with the player fitness, advising Lee when players should be rested etc. 

Doesnt see the need for the drinks breaks either now, especially when its been raining 
    You bored watching the game on TV as well FA  :)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Notice that Bowyer has builders working at his home.

Proves he has no plans to move.
  • Options

That is the physio Danny Murphy, not our ex player.
  • Options

Proves he is planning to sell his place.

He's doing an episode of Phil and Kirsty's Love It or List It - EFL Relegation Special.
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    Sad to hear Lewis is injured again / still injured, we could have done with him on the left during the run in.
  • Options

Proves he has had Southalls bird round to do the interior design.

• Options
    Wouldn't think we're paying Lee that much money.
  • Options
    Gutted for Page, was hoping he'd play some part during the run in, but it's unlikely now given there's less than 2 weeks left of the season.

Maybe he'll get a run out at Leeds if we're safe?