Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Bowyer Talks - Weekly press conference updates

Comments

• Sage . I thin you are wrong about the full Valley, we do wel against the top teams because they let us play football and don't come to the Valley to park the bus
  • Sage . I thin you are wrong about the full Valley, we do wel against the top teams because they let us play football and don't come to the Valley to park the bus
    My point was more they are a group more than capable of raising their game to match the occasion. Yes, top teams don’t come to park the bus, and you’re right, it suits us better.

But I do think we have a group of players who will enjoy playing in front of a packed out crowd. 
  • Sponsored links:

• edited February 2020
    Hmm... Wonder what the other conditions are for Taylor to sign a new deal

I imagine Championship safety will be one of those
    At this stage in his career one would have to say money will be his main objective.
    I have no doubt whatsoever that he has a great deal of affection for the club, which has seen him play the best football of his career and given him what I expect will be the greatest moments of his footballing life.
    Having said that, he is getting towards the end of his career at the higher level.....give him a decent wage and contract and I am sure he’ll be very happy to stay and give his all. Mind you he shows no sign of slowing down if Tuesday night is anything to go by and he would seem to be at peak fitness right now......”Touch Wood.”
    Anyone who was at Nottingham or watching on TV on Tuesday would have seen he is totally committed......his harassment of the back four and chasing down lost causes right up until the 96th minute was inspirational to his team mates, the management, the fans and most importantly to the new owners, with whom he will shortly be negotiating a new deal.
    He has a lot at stake and by playing out of his skin between now and the end of the season will greatly influence what happens next.
    Given the position we now find ourselves in, that’s not bad news for the team, the fans and his future.........hopefully with CAFC.
  • Hmm... Wonder what the other conditions are for Taylor to sign a new deal

I imagine Championship safety will be one of those
    That's an easy one. More money than anyone else offers! 
  • Lyle might be attracted by a longer contract with a little less money, but one thing I would guess is that it must be Championship
    We've done better in front of bigger crowds under Bowyer. Blackburn 2 seasons ago, Luton, Pompey and Sunderland last season, Leeds this season. This isn't a team that crumbles in the big occasions like we're used to (except for Milwall of course).
  • edited February 2020
    I imagine Lyle will want

Certainty that we are staying up
    Ambitious owners ready to invest in the team this summer and "go for it" next season.
    More money

I suspect that he would prefer to stay here as with us "he's the man", I think he likes being the big fish at a club, both on and off the pitch. Obviously he'd still leave if offered masses more money elsewhere, but wouldn't leave if the difference was only minor.
  • Can really see Lyle being here next season.
    I hope you are right. 
    One of the things that I think Lyle will insist on is a release clause should a premier league club come in for him.
    That plus more money than he has been offered. 
  • edited February 2020
    I think Lyle could be tempted to sign a new contract as people have said, us still being in this division, a generous goals bonus ( heck who wouldn't want one of them!) minimum release clause ( 10+ million ?) and some ambition with regards to signings, rather than continual patchup loans.
  • If it’s still in the balance whether Lyle can be persuaded to sign then it’s really important that we bust every gut to get him to do so. It’s not just about keeping a player who is quite honestly a talisman but weighing up the cost of replacing him. If there is ambition to push the club forward then eventually we are going to need two strikers of his calibre. We’ve already got one (him) and to start that recruitment process from scratch will be very difficult. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Lee Bowyer has sat down for his pre-match press conference ahead of Saturday’s visit of

LB: “When you don't take chances in this division, you lose games. That was the difference last weekend and that’s what we need to improve on.” #cafc

·
    LB: “When I watched the game back, there were a lot of positives. In the first 20 minutes, we were the better side, but we couldn’t get that goal.” #cafc

LB: “Overall, I was disappointed because we didn’t get anything from the game, but there was some good stuff as well. We just need to polish up on taking those chances, which we usually do. Our conversion rate is pretty good." #cafc

LB: “The players tried. Sometimes things don’t go your way. We could probably still be out there today and still not scored, it was just one of those games." #cafc

LB: "If you do the right thing and make the right decisions, it doesn’t matter what formation you play. That’s what counts and that’s what makes you play well." #cafc

LB: "Sam Field has had to go back to West Brom. His knee isn’t looking good. His season might be over." #cafc
    LB: "Jonny Williams will be out for a couple of weeks. It’s not as bad as we first thought. It was just another freak injury. Darren Pratley has had to have an injection, so we hope to have him back for next week."
  • Bowyer on Field: "Sam has gone back to West Brom - his knee is not looking good. “That’s why we brought in a sixth loan, because we knew it was touch and go.”
  • Bowyer on Field: "Sam has gone back to West Brom - his knee is not looking good. “That’s why we brought in a sixth loan, because we knew it was touch and go.”
    Good prediction by those who mentioned the sixth loan
  • Bowyer on Field: "Sam has gone back to West Brom - his knee is not looking good. “That’s why we brought in a sixth loan, because we knew it was touch and go.
    We wuz gonna keep putting him on the bench even though his season had finished but someone on the internet rumbled our amazing plan”

Yes, but weird that he's been on the bench since the end of the transfer window.

Yes, but weird that he's been on the bench since the end of the transfer window.
    Can only presume our medical team werent convinced (which was what Doucher was alluding to) he was fit and suspected this was going to happen
  • Good that plans are in hand and targets identified but should the worst happen it will be unbelievably frustrating that ESI didn’t authorise some sensible spending in January rather than rely on loans.