Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Bowyer Talks - Weekly press conference updates

Comments

• We'll make midtable when all the injured players return
  • I was pleased when he signed a contract extension in the summer but thought if we got 20 games out of him we’d be doing well.
    If...
  • Bowyer ill now as well. Didn't he miss the Centenary dinner for that reason too?
  • Don't get why they're playing on shit waterlogged pitches, surely we have access to all weather turf?
    Blimey . You on the Christmas sherry already ! 
  • Field and JW getting injured you couldn't make it up. Pretty sure we used all our luck up with the last minute Wembley goal 
    Blimey . You on the Christmas sherry already ! 
    There isn’t a sarcastic emoji that I can use 
  • Sponsored links:

• We really miss Johnny Williams and the sooner he is back the better 
    Well if we can elimate the air, we should get at least another 10 games out of him...
  • He might even hit the ball with a shot 
  • Sounds to me like Willams and JFC are good to start. Ozzy on the bench. Easing Aneke back through the u23s. Cullen on the bench for midweek.
  • Sounds to me like Willams and JFC are good to start. Ozzy on the bench. Easing Aneke back through the u23s. Cullen on the bench for midweek.
    There's only one thing more to add  ;) 
    https://youtu.be/NnDpW5vpbDY
    You reckon? I'm not so sure he would have wanted to start Williams but now Gallagher has gone he doesn't have much choice if we want some creativity. 
  • edited January 2020
    What you can do is try to keep it level or close and bring Williams and Hemed on in 55th or 60th minute, a bit like Saturday. The problem is, the first bit of that might be hard. But you have to form a plan based on what you have and the situation and try. Maybe Williams can play a bigger part - I hope so - He is a key player.
  • edited January 2020
    Sounds to me like Willams and JFC are good to start. Ozzy on the bench. Easing Aneke back through the u23s. Cullen on the bench for midweek.
    They either start and get subbed off after 60/70 mins or they'll be on the bench and come on.
  • Sponsored links:

Id be surprised if Cullen was involved as early as midweek
  • Bowyer seems to imply there that it was Conor who wanted to go
  • Chunes said:
    Bowyer seems to imply there that it was Conor who wanted to go
    It does tbf. He says no one expected him to do what he did.
    Not no one expected Chelsea to recall him.
  • Chunes said:

Really? I didn't read it like that at all.
    Me neither: "He's Chelsea's player"

i.e. They can choose to do what they want with him
  • Stefco said:
    Chunes said:
    It does tbf. He says no one expected him to do what he did.
    Not no one expected Chelsea to recall him.
    What he means is, no-one expected Conor to be as successful with us as he was.
    Not that Conor somehow navigated his way out.

That's how I read it anyway.
    You read it that way because that is exactly what Bowyer meant.
  • Chunes said:
    I dont think that is what he was trying to say, he said "nobody expected him to do what he did and it shows the job we do here" or something like that, he is trying to say I think; "nobody expected him to be that good and it shows the job we do here"