Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bowyer Talks - Weekly press conference updates

Comments

• Options
    Southbank said:
    Bowyer is beginning to sound defeated before he starts. Not surprising maybe, but if he does not expect us to win until we get a bunch of our  injured players back and properly fit, then we cannot expect much before the end of January.

We're just reaping the "rewards" of Duchatelet's budget restrictions ............ was always likely to happen once a few key personnel became unavailable, as the squad is puffed up with too many youngsters and loans. So no room to bring in any more loans and only the inexperienced to fill the gaps.
    How would that help? We can't sign anyone on loan anyway. 

The squad is an adequate size, tell me a team that can cope with the injuries we have had. 

Lockyer, Cullen, Williams and Taylor were all unable to start on Saturday. How would Liverpool do without Van Dijk, Fabinho, Mane and Firmino? 

Bowyer/Gallen were forced into using our quota of loan signings before the season had even begun. A few spare now and we could have brought in some form of quality from the premier league rather than our unreadies. We just didn't keep any capacity for an injury crisis, which happens with all clubs from time to time. All caused by Duchatelet's penny pinching.
    The squad is an adequate size eh? Not in terms of quality it isn't and if you really believe it is then you really aren't going to see the problem here.
    The reality is we are woefully short especially in terms of "our" players.
  • Options
    @No.1 in South London   It would not have helped the injury crisis even if we had no loan players on our books, because they cannot be brought in except during the transfer windows!
  • Options
    The squad is no way near a competitive championship squad at the moment, distinct lack of depth in quality, all over the pitch, always knew this season was going to be tough, just got a bit tougher, thanks for sod all Roland!
  • Options
    N01R4M said:
    @No.1 in South London   It would not have helped the injury crisis even if we had no loan players on our books, because they cannot be brought in except during the transfer windows!
    And this is why I don't give a shit about what some people say about me or my posts as there are some clueless people out there.
  • Options
    Except that's not true is it. We signed Leko, Cullen, Field and Kayal right at the end of the window. Only Gallagher was signed on loan before the season began (and even that was a day or two). So we could have signed players now to cover our injury crisis? Erm, no we couldn't because the window is closed. So your point about the loan signings is rubbish. If we want to sign a couple on loan in January, we can try to buy Cullen and/or Leko and send Kayal back.

Size and quality are two different things so you are changing your argument. I agree we don't have enough quality in the side and I also agree that Roland's "budget" has massively contributed to this. But I still think the size of the squad is adequate, we have just been terribly unlucky wirh injuries.

To be honest I don't care if the players are ours or not, others may disagree. Leeds are top of the league and have White, Nketiah, Costa, Harrison and Clarke on loan. West Brom in second have Pereira, Diangana, Willock and Krovinovic on loan. Could we afford to buy Gallagher or players of similar ability and potential, probably not. Same with Bielik and Cullen last season. So I don't care how the squad is made up, even Premier League clubs are loaning players in to boost the squad, it's how the market works for pretty much everyone except the top clubs.

But saying the squad is puffed up with youngsters and loans is bollocks. We do need extra quality but it's the injuries which have really taken there toll.

Fair enough !!
  • Options
    Only a matter of time
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited December 2019
    Lee Bowyer has arrived for his pre-match press conference ahead of Saturday’s trip to @QPR

“I’m struggling! Since Saturday afternoon, I’ve been ill so it’s not been the best, but it is what it is and we need to keep working hard.” #cafc

“It’s a festive time and for some it’s good, but for us it means harder work. The most important thing is that we start getting positive results.” #cafc

“The squad is the same. Jonny Williams was meant to be back, but he had an air-shot in training and tear something, so he’ll be out for another two weeks." #cafc

"Sam Field was meant to be back on Wednesday, but on Tuesday, his foot got stuck in the ground and he re-twisted his knee. He’s going for a scan, but it’s so disappointing that we won’t have him for the weekend.” #cafc

“The difficulty we have is the training pitches are soaked and underwater. We’re trying to find areas that we can actually get something into." #cafc

"We’re going to look to go to The Valley and training down there tomorrow, because it’s important for the lads to get some proper football into them.” #cafc

LB on late goals: “It comes down to concentration. You have to remember that a lot of these lads were playing in League One where you can get away with it, but you can’t in this division.” #cafc

“We have to do our individual jobs better because, if you don’t, you’ll get punished, and that’s what’s been happening.” #cafc

“I can’t fault their effort, but they need to learn to manage the game properly when they are in control. It’s a learning curve and when those players come back, it’ll put us in a stronger position for the rest of the season.” #cafc

“It’s in our hands. I believe we can win every game, even with all these players out. We’ve got Lyle coming back which is a big positive. He’s a big presence and a big character around the place. People look up to him and he knows how important he is.” #cafc

On the Takeover: “It’s been going on for as long as I’ve been in charge! It’s closer this time, but my job is to get results and the other stuff will take care of itself.” #cafc

“It’s all ifs and buts. I’ve met with the potential new owners. Hopefully, everyone gets what they want and we can move forward and plan.” #cafc
  • Options
    Fuck me that is terrible luck with JW and SF
  • Options
    Lee Bowyer has arrived for his pre-match press conference ahead of Saturday’s trip to @QPR

“I’m struggling! Since Saturday afternoon, I’ve been ill so it’s not been the best, but it is what it is and we need to keep working hard.” #cafc

“It’s a festive time and for some it’s good, but for us it means harder work. The most important thing is that we start getting positive results.” #cafc

“The squad is the same. Jonny Williams was meant to be back, but he had an air-shot in training and tear something, so he’ll be out for another two weeks." #cafc

"Sam Field was meant to be back on Wednesday, but on Tuesday, his foot got stuck in the ground and he re-twisted his knee. He’s going for a scan, but it’s so disappointing that we won’t have him for the weekend.” #cafc

“The difficulty we have is the training pitches are soaked and underwater. We’re trying to find areas that we can actually get something into." #cafc

"We’re going to look to go to The Valley and training down there tomorrow, because it’s important for the lads to get some proper football into them.” #cafc

LB on late goals: “It comes down to concentration. You have to remember that a lot of these lads were playing in League One where you can get away with it, but you can’t in this division.” #cafc

“We have to do our individual jobs better because, if you don’t, you’ll get punished, and that’s what’s been happening.” #cafc

“I can’t fault their effort, but they need to learn to manage the game properly when they are in control. It’s a learning curve and when those players come back, it’ll put us in a stronger position for the rest of the season.” #cafc

“It’s in our hands. I believe we can win every game, even with all these players out. We’ve got Lyle coming back which is a big positive. He’s a big presence and a big character around the place. People look up to him and he knows how important he is.” #cafc

On the Takeover: “It’s been going on for as long as I’ve been in charge! It’s closer this time, but my job is to get results and the other stuff will take care of itself.” #cafc

“It’s all ifs and buts. I’ve met with the potential new owners. Hopefully, everyone gets what they want and we can move forward and plan.” #cafc
    This also applies to Bowyer himself with some of his subs. 

Like (for example) not making a 3rd sub last week which would've wasted time and perhaps Ledley could've used his experience to help us see the game out.
    And against Huddersfield he brought on Vennings when Morgan or Ledley might have been better options.
  • Options
    I only realised that wasn't a parody about our injury problems about half way through
  • Options
    If I was West Brom I would Cancel Fields Loan, Bowyer said on Saturday he has been training up the ok and he hopes to have him back here Tuesday or Wednesday, sounds like 1 training session with is and he is injured again.

Also seems like more than just bad luck
  • Options
    I only realised that wasn't a parody about our injury problems about half way through
    I thought this top. Thought someone had poster LB's comments as a joke.

"Williams had a air shot & will miss 2 more weeks"

"Sam.Field got his foot stuck in the ground...."

Ffs....they are professionals footballers. Do they need wrapping up on cotton wool ??? My subutteo players stood up to more rigorous action without breaking....
    Yeah, but your subbuteo players are not real people with real injuries that need to heal.

Carry on with playing subbuteo, Golfie. You can even field a full strength side.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    We always knew Williams had legs made of chipsticks. 
  • Options
    They are taking the piss now!

Hold on...
  • Options
    One day soon, there will be a positive press conference
  • Options
    Why aren't they training on the artificial surface when clearly a problem with the others.
  • Options
    One day soon, there will be a positive press conference
    Oh no there won’t. .....
  • Options
    Why aren't they training on the artificial surface when clearly a problem with the others.
    Roland rolled it up and its at Zeebrugge in the back of a transit!
  • Options
    So Johnny Williams now gets injured by thin air.
    You couldn't possibly get more injury prone than that.
    He takes an air kick, no contact with anything apart from air and he's out for 2 weeks.
    Hmm, I wonder why I've never been his greatest Charlton fan.
    How many full games has he played for us again ?