Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bowyer Talks - Weekly press conference updates

Comments

• Options
    Poor loves. Having to get up at 7am to get into work by 9am. Millions do it every day.....and loads get up much earlier than that.
    Have a day off
  • Options
    Sage said:
    Makes a huge difference.

Bow is then able to control the controllables. They’re already together, they have extra sleep, don’t need to worry about making breakfast themselves, don’t need to worry about the travel to get anywhere, and can go through extra little bits of details prior to the game as a group.

Yes, people have to get up early and get to work for 9am or whatever else you might want to say. But the preparation is all about making sure it’s smooth so they’re in the right zone and in the right arousal for the match. It makes a big difference and it’s nice to see Bow has recognised this and doing something about it.
    Arousal? Are you mehmet?
  • Options
    edited November 2019

Lee Bowyer on the prospect of getting stick at The Den on Saturday: “All I can say is I’ve been to worse places in my playing days. I have been to Old Trafford and Anfield and been abused by 50,000 people." #cafc #Millwall

LB: “I’m sure I’ll be okay. I’m sure they’ll have their fun. I’ll just ignore it. I’ve dealt with that type of thing through all of my playing career.”
  • Options
    Poor loves. Having to get up at 7am to get into work by 9am. Millions do it every day.....and loads get up much earlier than that.
    you make it sound like you are footing the hotel bill
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    you make it sound like you are footing the hotel bill
    Anyone ever seen Golfie and Roland in the same room?
  • Options
    Jeez.....I was only making a light hearted comment. Some of you have your knickers on too tight.

Take a chill pill & relax.
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    Sage said:
    Sage said:
    Makes a huge difference.

Bow is then able to control the controllables. They’re already together, they have extra sleep, don’t need to worry about making breakfast themselves, don’t need to worry about the travel to get anywhere, and can go through extra little bits of details prior to the game as a group.

Yes, people have to get up early and get to work for 9am or whatever else you might want to say. But the preparation is all about making sure it’s smooth so they’re in the right zone and in the right arousal for the match. It makes a big difference and it’s nice to see Bow has recognised this and doing something about it.
    Arousal? Are you mehmet?
    Yes mate.

Psychological arousal is a fundamental element to sporting performance. It first started with the Inverted U Theory, which I have attached an image to this post. It’s very basic and arguably doesn’t apply to professional athletes - there are more modern and better theories which explains this if you’re interested. But ultimately, arousal does always apply to any sport performer and in this case is where you can be under aroused and over aroused which leads to poor performance.

Controlling the controllables allows Bowyer and the staff to create an environment prior to the match which will allow the players to get into a specific state of optimal arousal. Americans will call it getting into the zone. In psychology it’s a theory which has developed for over 100 years. Going to stay in a hotel allows the group to do what they need to without outside distractions, focusing solely on the task at hand.

Think i might take that graph along on my next date on POF!

Can't do any harm to try and explain it to the Doris.
  • Options
    Sage said:
    Sage said:
    Makes a huge difference.

Arousal? Are you mehmet?
    Yes mate.

Psychological arousal is a fundamental element to sporting performance. It first started with the Inverted U Theory, which I have attached an image to this post. It’s very basic and arguably doesn’t apply to professional athletes - there are more modern and better theories which explains this if you’re interested. But ultimately, arousal does always apply to any sport performer and in this case is where you can be under aroused and over aroused which leads to poor performance.

Controlling the controllables allows Bowyer and the staff to create an environment prior to the match which will allow the players to get into a specific state of optimal arousal. Americans will call it getting into the zone. In psychology it’s a theory which has developed for over 100 years. Going to stay in a hotel allows the group to do what they need to without outside distractions, focusing solely on the task at hand.

Think i might take that graph along on my next date on POF!

Can't do any harm to try and explain it to the Doris.
    :joy: go for it!
  • Options
    Sage said:
    Sage said:
    Makes a huge difference.

Arousal? Are you mehmet?
    Yes mate.

Where does Fanny's Tingle come on that graph ? 
    Suppose it depends on the individual Fanny, suppose it also depends on how long someone may last as well, that level of arousal axis could be time as well! :smile:
  • Options
    If we win at Millwall I will hit over arousal. 
  • Options
    Sage, you are talking about the crowd getting animated if we put a couple past Millwall on Saturday? 
  • Options
    You only had to see, and hear, how flat ie under aroused the crowd was v Preston to realise that what Sage is saying makes sense.

If staying in a hotel gives us an extra lift then do it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I’m speaking more specifically about the psychological arousal of the players, getting them into a specific state ready to perform at their optimal level. But the same does apply to us as well, just in a different way as HI has said. It all falls into the same thing. 
  • Options
    Sage said:
    I’m speaking more specifically about the psychological arousal of the players, getting them into a specific state ready to perform at their optimal level. But the same does apply to us as well, just in a different way as HI has said. It all falls into the same thing. 
    So you're saying that a few pints down the Oak or Radical isn't the answer?  : - )
  • Options
    Sage said:
    So you're saying that a few pints down the Oak or Radical isn't the answer?  : - )
    Depends on the individual again, if we are talking about one person, it’s harder to answer, but if we are talking about people in larger quantities, it’s about what’s the normal routine, how much did a midday Sunday kick off disrupt what is normally done? All things out of the control impact the result. That’s why it’s so important to train and get a grip on controlling the controllables.

I know you were joking by the way! 
  • Options
    It is all bollocks unless we actually put in a shift and beat the fuckers!

I have so much time for LB and this team, they have re-infused my appetite for Charlton, but all this bluster and same speak is fucking pointless unless we actually put one over on them.

Play up Charlton! 
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    I hope the Club are putting them in the Intercontinental at the O2.  Best hotel in the area by far. Has fantastic spa facilities, pool sauna etc.  That would do the arousal job perfectly. 

• Options
    It will be funny if our players end up in the same hotel as the Cardiff players, and the game the next day ends up in a tedious nil nil because both sets of players were out on the piss together...
  • Options
    It will be funny if our players end up in the same hotel as the Cardiff players, and the game the next day ends up in a tedious nil nil because both sets of players were out on the piss together...
    Either that or both sets of players line up with black eyes because they've decided to have a mass punch up

Never know might end up in the same hotel anyway if Dalman decides to foot the bill
  • Options
    Jeez.....I was only making a light hearted comment. Some of you have your knickers on too tight.

Take a chill pill & relax.
    Isn't it funny how your light hearted is nearly always negative?
  • Options
    Either that or both sets of players line up with black eyes because they've decided to have a mass punch up

Never know might end up in the same hotel anyway if Dalman decides to foot the bill
    It would be quite handy for Dalman to meet up with Bowyer and Gallen that evening, they could discuss how they're going to spend the £20m transfer budget in January