Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bowyer Talks - Weekly press conference updates

Comments

• Options
    Right who are the 9? Taylor, Williams, Field, Page, Forster-Caskey...?
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    Leko (because he's ineligible for tomorrow) | Purrington | Hemed | Amos?
  • Options
    Lapslie? 
  • Options
    Matthews
  • Options
    Good job we signed all these midfielders. 
  • Options
    Guessing the four kids on the bench will be Maynard-Brewer, Davison, Doughty and Vennings or Stevenson. 
  • Options
    Rudders22 said:
    Good job we signed all these midfielders. 
    Think it was me who said we'd potentially see some Midfielders play but only if there were a huge injury crisis so was unlikely!! :(
  • Options
    Seems like it's all going 'too' well.

No injuries from international duty, Hemed and Kayal back training, Purrington also, Page back running, Taylor ahead of schedule.

Going to see some very good players not even making our Championship bench soon. You'd have been carted off to the asylum if you said that 18 months ago.
    Thanks Chris!!!!!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Is Stevenson ready yet? 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Is Stevenson ready yet? 
    Yes, but don't expect a hat-trick every game!
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    Right who are the 9? Taylor, Williams, Field, Page, Forster-Caskey...?
    Taylor
    Williams
    Field
    Forster-Caskey
    Hemed
    Lapslie
    Amos
    Matthews
    Page

(Not a bad starting Line-up in its own right)

Suggests Purrington might be fit for Saturday
  • Options
    Pedro45 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Is Stevenson ready yet? 
    Yes, but don't expect a hat-trick every game!

I would just like a left back at left back!
  • Options
    edited October 2019
  • Options
    "Lewis Page has been out for over a year, he trained Wednesday for the first day so he’s nowhere near it. He’s got to play U23 games before he comes anywhere near us. He’s miles away."

Sorry Ben, he's definitely starting on Sunday
  • Options
    kafka said:
    "Lewis Page has been out for over a year, he trained Wednesday for the first day so he’s nowhere near it. He’s got to play U23 games before he comes anywhere near us. He’s miles away."

From this and previous comments of his, I deduce that Page is history as far as Lee is concerned. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    kafka said:

From this and previous comments of his, I deduce that Page is history as far as Lee is concerned. 
    Huh? Bowyer has constantly talked about returning players, fitness and the level he expects them to be at to play in the first team.

Even without those expectations Page has not played in so long it would be normal for him to play u23 games to get some competitive game time back in his legs.
  • Options
    kafka said:

Huh? Bowyer has constantly talked about returning players, fitness and the level he expects them to be at to play in the first team.

Even without those expectations Page has not played in so long it would be normal for him to play u23 games to get some competitive game time back in his legs.
    There have been a number of quotes from Lee in the last couple of months where he has barely concealed his frustration with the Page situation and in one instance there was a suggestion that his issues are at least partly psychological. 
  • Options
    kafka said:

There have been a number of quotes from Lee in the last couple of months where he has barely concealed his frustration with the Page situation and in one instance there was a suggestion that his issues are at least partly psychological. 
    I do agree that Bowyer has sounded fustrated with the Page situation in past quotes, but I think you are using those that as confirmation bias towards what he recently said.

I have every confidence Bowyer still believes Page can be an asset to the team if he works hard and gets himself fit. They wouldn't have given him a new contract in November 2018 if they didn't believe he was a good player.
  • Options
    kafka said:

I do agree that Bowyer has sounded fustrated with the Page situation in past quotes, but I think you are using those that as confirmation bias towards what he recently said.

I have every confidence Bowyer still believes Page can be an asset to the team if he works hard and gets himself fit. They wouldn't have given him a new contract in November 2018 if they didn't believe he was a good player.
    I hope you are right and that Page is able to return at his previous capability as I really rated him. On his day I think he is better than Purrington. But he appears to be made of glass and I must admit I went through the point earlier this season when I began to believe that we just couldn’t rely on him any more. My own view is that LB is in the same place as me but I’d like to be wrong. 
  • Options
    💬LB: “Myself and Jacko went and watched Millwall at Reading last weekend. They tried to play and looked decent. They’ve got some good players.” #cafc

💬LB: “Two years ago Gary Rowett was the main man and everyone wanted him. He’s a good manager and he’s been successful at big clubs. He’s a good appointment for Millwall.” #cafc
  • Options
    Bows the good omen.

I now have the omen music in my head now lol