Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bowyer Talks - Weekly press conference updates

Comments

• Options
    Match fit and being unfit are poles apart.

We have had 2 very skilful player on a good day who could never really get match fit despite being fit ?

Both Tony Watt and Astrit Ajdarević were talented footballers who would blow through their arse after 25 minutes if we were lucky. 
    If there was a form of football, imagine 20/20 then these two boys would've had great careers. (20 mins each way !)

Hemed will be blowing out his arse trying to get fitter this week. I just hope he has energy left for Wigan, same goes for Aneke and Bonne who need to bust a gut to show Bowyer they should be in the line up.
  • Options
    I feel gutted for Lewis Page who at 23 is struggling to get his body fit. So many different types of Injuries in the last two years. Must be so difficult mentally to keep coming back from adversity.
    At this stage I'd bet that his injuries are more mental than physical anyway
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    Haven't seen Hemed play in the flesh yet so looking forward to the game Saturday. Hopefully he'll prove those impatient fans who already seem to have their doubts about him, wrong if selected. We still have enough about us to take the three points whoever gets the nod, from a workmanlike performance if we take our chances COYRs.
  • Options
    RedChaser said:
    Haven't seen Hemed play in the flesh yet so looking forward to the game Saturday. Hopefully he'll prove those impatient fans who already seem to have their doubts about him, wrong if selected. We still have enough about us to take the three points whoever gets the nod, from a workmanlike performance if we take our chances COYRs.

From his videos Hemed is an out and out finisher, arguably a better finisher than Taylor, but no evidence at all he can play a lone striker role or hold up play role like Taylor.  He needs quality ball in the box to get shots away, and is not going to fashion his own chances like Taylor might do.  How we adapt to a style that allows him to play to his strengths is Lee's job.  

Taylor and Hemed present entirely different options and it is unfair for Hemed be judged against Taylor.  Sometimes Taylor has struggled to perform with certain opposition, you never know, Hemed might have fared better. All I know is that if we play to Hemed to hold up the ball Hemed will be ineffective, as the Birmingham game proved.

Doubt Brighton had many teams who sat back and defended against them so Hemed's performances for Brighton may not translate across to dour games in the Championship against packed defences.  

Would not personally judge Hemed until he's fully fit and been able to perform in a set up that he's best suited to.  Too easy to write off players on the evidence of what they can't do in a system that doesn't play to their strengths and used as Hobson's choice.

• Options
    edited September 2019
    RedChaser said:

From his videos Hemed is an out and out finisher, arguably a better finisher than Taylor, but no evidence at all he can play a lone striker role or hold up play role like Taylor.  He needs quality ball in the box to get shots away, and is not going to fashion his own chances like Taylor might do.  How we adapt to a style that allows him to play to his strengths is Lee's job.  

Taylor and Hemed present entirely different options and it is unfair for Hemed be judged against Taylor.  Sometimes Taylor has struggled to perform with certain opposition, you never know, Hemed might have fared better. All I know is that if we play to Hemed to hold up the ball Hemed will be ineffective, as the Birmingham game proved.

Doubt Brighton had many teams who sat back and defended against them so Hemed's performances for Brighton may not translate across to dour games in the Championship against packed defences.  

Would not personally judge Hemed until he's fully fit and been able to perform in a set up that he's best suited to.  Too easy to write off players on the evidence of what they can't do in a system that doesn't play to their strengths and used as Hobson's choice.

I agree, I think the fact that tomorrow we are away from
    home, Wigan are expected to attack us far more than Birmingham did. I think that creates more space for us to exploit and less time with his back to goal. It should help him play better and I wouldn’t actually be surprised to see him open his account for us.
  • Options
    Hope so
  • Options
    edited September 2019

LB: “Obviously, Leeds is a club where I spent a large part of my career. For me, it was the best side I played in so it does have a special part in my heart. But this is just another game for me.” #cafc

1. LB: “I’ll acknowledge the fans after the game and show them the respect they showed me for so many years, but I’ll be concentrating on beating them and getting the win like I do every week." #cafc

2. LB: "I’d like to think I’ll get a good reception. We had a good relationship and I gave everything for them. I always gave 100 per cent and we have some great memories together. We had some amazing times and it was something special." #cafc

3. LB: “It’s a massive challenge. For me, they are the best team in the league. They should have gone up last season, but what Bielsa has done with that squad is unbelievable. I have the utmost respect for him and all his staff. They’re top for a reason." #cafc
        1 reply .1 retweet5 likes
      4. LB: “We’re going to have to be at it. They’re very good at hitting you on the break and creating chances. They’re a side that could thump someone because they’re so good going forward and their recovery and fitness levels are unreal.” #cafc
        1 reply .1 retweet6 likes

B: “We’ve got a game plan and we’re at home. We’re not just going to sit back and take pressure. We have to play our game. A lot of teams show them too much respect and sit off them but we won’t be doing that." #cafc

LB: “We’ll have our crowd behind us and will be doing the things that have got us where we are today.” #cafc

LB: “I’ve been in charge 18 months and last week was pretty much the one bad day we’ve had, so I can accept that. But there are positives to take from the last two games because we created chances.” #cafc

“Losing Lyle is massive for us, so it’s going to be difficult. But on the opposite side, we’re still creating chances that are falling to others. So, the positive side is that we’re still creating. If we weren’t doing that then I would be worried.” #cafc

LB: “Because we had such a good start, some people getting stupid and talking about promotion. I’m a realist and our aim is to stay in this division. We have the smallest budget in the league by a mile.” #cafc

LB: “I said at the beginning we would surprise teams and that’s what’s happened. We had a great start. But we’re going to lose games. I’m not fazed by it. I ask my players to go out there and give 100% every game. Last week they didn’t, this week I’m sure they will. #cafc

LB: “I want to win every game and my team want to win every game. Everyone is saying we have had a tough run of fixtures. Were the last eight not tough?" #cafc

LB: “They are all good teams, there isn’t a bad one. We have to play Leeds and then Swansea, but you can’t predict anything. Every game in this division is winnable.” #cafc

LB: “Jason Pearce was available last week, but we have to be careful with him because he didn’t train. He trained this week, but we have to be careful about all the games coming up in the coming weeks.” #cafc

LB: “Beram Kayal will be out for a couple of weeks. He went for a scan and he’s had a bit of inflammation in his groin, so he’s had to have an injection. I expect Adam Matthews to be available for selection next week.” #cafc
    1 reply .2 retweets7 likes

That concludes this morning's press conference. Valley Pass subscribers can watch it in full later today. #cafc

• Options
    Kayal out again ffs. Will he be the midfield version of Lewis Page?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Kayal out again ffs. Will he be the midfield version of Lewis Page?
    In short, no he won’t. A player who has played regularly throughout this career, he didn’t have much of a pre-season and Bow gets them training hard. He will be back soon. 
  • Options
    Wonder if Matthews will come in against Swansea or Fulham with the three of them Oshilaja / Solly taking one game each
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    Kayal being out isn't a problem now as we have loads of fit midfielders.

We WILL need him for WBA though, with Kayal Field (and Leko) unavailable
  • Options
    Kayal being out isn't a problem now as we have loads of fit midfielders.

We WILL need him for WBA though, with Field (and Leko) unavailable

• Options
    "Because we had such a good start, some people getting stupid and talking about promotion. I’m a realist and our aim is to stay in this division. We have the smallest budget in the league by a mile.”

What does he mean 'getting'
  • Options
    "Because we had such a good start, some people getting stupid and talking about promotion. I’m a realist and our aim is to stay in this division. We have the smallest budget in the league by a mile.”

Bowyer being negative.

Needs to get behind the boys and stop talking our chances down. Doesn't he know Roland has turned a corner, isn't selling and is backing him 100%?

All is for the best in the best of all possible worlds
  • Options

I'd take him more seriously if he could put it in percentages. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Frustrating when you read what Bowyer says about the ban and how he spoke to the Referee

How do you get everyone to respect the referee when in situations like this there doesnt seem to be the respect back?
  • Options
    Positive comments from Lee there, the international break was well timed for a few of the players - I imagine the same applies to many of the clubs in the division
  • Options
    Frustrating when you read what Bowyer says about the ban and how he spoke to the Referee

How do you get everyone to respect the referee when in situations like this there doesnt seem to be the respect back?
    But he hasn't said what he actually said.
    Basically, it's inferred that he called the ref biased or a cheat and you can't do that, even if you say it politely without swearing.
  • Options
    cabbles said:
    stonemuse said:
    love reading Lee's interviews
    They're brilliant.  Everything he does for me is spot on.  I genuinely think he's probably the best thing to happen to this club since the Premier League era.  
    Agreed!!!!
  • Options
    "
    LB: “Lewis Page will be back out running next week so he’s progressing.” #cafc" So he is due a new injury on Monday!
  • Options
    Seems like it's all going 'too' well.

No injuries from international duty, Hemed and Kayal back training, Purrington also, Page back running, Taylor ahead of schedule.

Going to see some very good players not even making our Championship bench soon. You'd have been carted off to the asylum if you said that 18 months ago.