Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bowyer Talks - Weekly press conference updates

Comments

• Options

She's a Millennial ..... she can't walk without a phone stuck to her ear.

#lookwhereyouregoingFFS

• Options
    Football Focus,  BBC1 - Saturday 17th: Interview with Lee Bowyer at 12:45.
  • Options
    Good interview. 
  • Options
    Good interview. 
    Completely agree and nice comments from Solly and Cullen.  Comes across as so straight and honest.  Have the feeling that if he wasn't at Charlton - then he wouldn't be anywhere else.  Seems to have a real affinity for the club.
  • Options
    As long as he doesn’t keep saying we won’t keep Taylor. That’s as good as telling other clubs he available.
  • Options
    As long as he doesn’t keep saying we won’t keep Taylor. That’s as good as telling other clubs he available.
    I think that’s what he wants to do, create an auction, means a bigger transfer budget, Im trying to stay positive and hope it can be nipped in the bud early rather than prolonged and dragged out, Lyle just needs to keep scoring and scoring, he needs a hat trick tomorrow.
  • Options
    Clubs arent going to sign someone just because a Manager says its going to be impossible to keep them

They'll be scouting him already based on what he can do; Agents will surely be telling clubs what we can afford to pay him so they'll know everything without Lee having to open his mouth no doubt
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    In January we won’t get anywhere near the £4 million reported a couple of weeks ago. I’m sure Bowyer and Gallen are already on the case of a replacement should the inevitable happen.
  • Options
    I dont think we know the whole story. It just doesn't stack up why he is so confident Lyle is going in Jan. Either this was agreed at the end of the summer window as we didn't know who we had coming in or Duchbag has told Bowyer he is selling in Jan and LB can have a % of fee
  • Options
    In January we won’t get anywhere near the £4 million reported a couple of weeks ago. I’m sure Bowyer and Gallen are already on the case of a replacement should the inevitable happen.
    I disagree. 
    The way he has played in the Champ already means he is less of a risk and if a buyer thought he has the potential to get 20 goals a season he would be worth 10m +. 
  • Options
    I disagree. 
    The way he has played in the Champ already means he is less of a risk and if a buyer thought he has the potential to get 20 goals a season he would be worth 10m +. 
    Or get him for nothing in 6 months
  • Options
    Taylor wont be worth much in Jan as he can leave for free in the summer.  
  • Options
    He'll still command a signing on fee

Either the club accepts £4m in January or Lyle himself could demand a couple of million himself - Just because he's on a free doesnt mean that his new club will solely have to pay his wages
  • Options
    and if it isnt a decent amount we keep him until June and he keeps us up..
  • Options
    razil said:
    all depends how many clubs are desperate for a striker in Jan, if Prem money is involved and, it could still go silly
    Everyone will be desperate

Clubs will either want a Striker to guide them to safety or a Striker to help with the final push towards promotion
  • Options
    I disagree. 

If he carries on like he has then I could see us getting closer to what other clubs were offering - Brentford were cash rich at the time and prepared to gamble he would be as effective in this division - we couldn't / wouldn't do that then but who knows what we might conjure up once we are certain he's the real deal in this league - I think taking the two from Brighton has changed the outlook - there's no way they are not on upper end championship wages and I don't think the likes of Brighton are in a position to do us massive favours with regards to paying the majority of their salaries. I think there's a bit of smoke and mirrors going on with our real player budget. There's no way its the same as last seasons.    
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2019
    DOUCHER said:
    I disagree. 

If he carries on like he has then I could see us getting closer to what other clubs were offering - Brentford were cash rich at the time and prepared to gamble he would be as effective in this division - we couldn't / wouldn't do that then but who knows what we might conjure up once we are certain he's the real deal in this league - I think taking the two from Brighton has changed the outlook - there's no way they are not on upper end championship wages and I don't think the likes of Brighton are in a position to do us massive favours with regards to paying the majority of their salaries. I think there's a bit of smoke and mirrors going on with our real player budget. There's no way its the same as last seasons.    
    I'll be very happy if they're paying any of Hemed's salary...
  • Options
    I think what people forgot is even though he onlt has 6 months left on his contract, tbat becomes less relevent if more than one club are intrested and it turns into a bidding war, i can see him him going for 6/7 million if that happens.
  • Options
    CH4RLTON said:
    I think what people forgot is even though he onlt has 6 months left on his contract, tbat becomes less relevent if more than one club are intrested and it turns into a bidding war, i can see him him going for 6/7 million if that happens.
    I think we'd be mad to not let him go for 6/7 million... If our owner wasn't Dushitaface. We can get all the money in the world, but if we can't use it, it's pointless.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    DOUCHER said:
    I disagree. 

I'll be very happy if they're paying any of Hemed's salary...
    who knows how these deals are structured (yes I know Hemed's a permanent as I was at pains to advisea  few weeks ago)  but yes, whether its a signing on lump for Hemed to cover off a reduced salary (and a higher loan fee for Kayal) then the same can be done with Taylor to not upset the 'wage structure'
  • Options
    Also if say by some miriacle we are in with a chance of the playoffs in Jan, don't you think roland may say no way, we'll gamble and keep him and risk losing the money we could get for him now, with a chance to get a golden ticket of the prem.
  • Options
    If Taylor scores 10 by January he will be worth considerably more than £4m. If he chooses to go that is. He is obviously free to see the season out and reap a big signing on fee.
    January window is not called the silly season for nothing. There will be several clubs wanting to push on or save their status. Clubs have big money and a striker who is scoring regularly, and possibly available, will be top of the list. There isn’t too many out there.

Bows has already said that £4m is too cheap. I expect us to want £10m or more. Let’s hope Rolly leaves the call to Bows.
  • Options
    Taylor's approaching 30 and while he's stepped up well to the Championship, he's probably at the top of his game right now.

Taylor knows it - it's now or never for that one big contract.

Bowyer knows it too .... all the while Taylor does the business at Charlton, he plays.
    But, as it seems we've heard, if Bowyer let's a player leave for a transfer fee - then it's agreed he gets a decent proportion of the money for new signings.

Perhaps savvy Bowyer is now looking how best to replace Taylor, with a younger version and greater potential? He's already tried to get Toney. We know he's building a reputation of taking a player and improving him.

And if Roland is still here in January, he's not going to object to Taylor being sold ...... and the money invested in new young players and each with potential to be sold for 2 or 3 times what we  paid for them.

• Options
    I believe he won’t and Bowyer is/has accepted that, I believe he would have been told the fee will be made available to him to reinvest. As to if that remains the case only January can tell us that, if Bowyer isn’t going to get any/all of any fee I’d rather Taylor stayed until the summer and it all went in his pocket. 
  • Options
    RD sells one player every window to cover losses and if another goes he reinvests some of the funds.  I fully expect Taylor to go; if he is still scoring / assisting then some desperate club either end of the division may pay £5-6M - can’t see it being more given his age.  I just hope RD reinvests - but don't bet on it.
  • Options
    That was while he was ‘losing’ money, the assumption held by many it seems at the moment is he is aiming at break even