Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bowyer Talks - Weekly press conference updates

Comments

• Options
    Oggy Red said:
    You know what, if Taylor really wanted to go then maybe it would've been best for him to go.

If he doesn't get his head down it could be problems. I just hope he doesn't create a bad atmosphere in the team because of this, that would be more of a disaster than him leaving.
    I wouldn't worry right now if Taylor has his head together or not.

He's a seasoned pro; he knows how things work in the game.
    And he will know that Bowyer won't tolerate a bad egg in the dressing room.

I believe Taylor will be fine.

Yup, trust in Bowyer 
  • Options
    If we can’t get Hamed then the good news is Llorente, Sturridge and Odemwinge are all still available as options!

I wonder whom the two we missed out on are?  Oztumer and Taylor or Tooney?
  • Options
    If we can’t get Hamed then the good news is Llorente, Sturridge and Odemwinge are all still available as options!

I'd say Taylor at Bristol city was definitely one, as they signed a replacement (Afobe) too late.

We don't need Oztumer now, we're overloaded in midfield.
  • Options
    LTKapal said:

I'd say Taylor at Bristol city was definitely one, as they signed a replacement (Afobe) too late.

We don't need Oztumer now, we're overloaded in midfield.
    Does somebody want to head down to Greenwich Park and let him know. 
    Quality post!
  • Options
    Very honest press conference from Bowyer . Sounds like Taylor wanted the move, so he'll take a bit of man management now. 

I think Bowyer is as surprised as the rest of us that we managed to get Kayal 
    Why  do you say that, something you've heard ?
  • Options
    You know what, if Taylor really wanted to go then maybe it would've been best for him to go.

If he doesn't get his head down it could be problems. I just hope he doesn't create a bad atmosphere in the team because of this, that would be more of a disaster than him leaving.
    Who said he did ?
  • Options
    edited August 2019

Who said he did ?
    I think he is more pissed off that we didn’t offer him a better deal......or maybe we have?
    I also don’t think he will cause problems, why should he, there’s nothing to gain by it and from what little I know of him he’ll still put his heart and soul into his performances.
    An intelligent fella is our Lyle, he’s unlikely to shit on his own doorstep, even if he is pissed off somewhat.
  • Options
    I think people were more pissed off at the fact he apparently refused to train and had a bust up with Bowyer, which probably wasn't true
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

But the last offer was a few mins before 5pm.  We couldn’t possibly have got a replacement sorted. Hemed coming in wasn’t designed to be a replacement for Taylor - it’s was in addition to. 

Im sure Taylor will get a bit of love from the fans tomorrow and it will all be forgotten about. 

One thing is for sure - Bowyer won’t tolerate a sulker. 
  • Options

the last 2 posts on here just goes to show the problem with social media. Will soon be all over twitter that Taylor wanted to go / has a bad attitude / should have got rid...........when nothing of the sort has been said.

For all we know Taylor might have turned down any move anyway.

The fact that Bowyer thought Brentford's last offer would secure the deal indicates that Taylor was willing to move.  Players under contract can not be transferred against their will.  Bowyer says Duchatelet said No to the transfer, not Taylor.

When news broke that Brentford were bidding, the usual vile abuse directed at Duchatelet erupted on this forum.  The abusers completely misunderstood the situation: Duchatelet turned down around £5m for the sake of the club.  
    for the sake of his sale of the club at anything like his valuation more likely, at least he listened it seems
  • Options

But the last offer was a few mins before 5pm.  We couldn’t possibly have got a replacement sorted. Hemed coming in wasn’t designed to be a replacement for Taylor - it’s was in addition to. 

One thing I'd also mention is that could be a misinterpretation. We rejected the offer with 2 minutes to go, it doesnt say it was lodged with 2 minutes to go.
    Its quite possible that the Peterborough stuff was approached when the offer was made with the intention that if we can get a replacement he goes.
    As we didn't get a replacement with 2 minutes to go, the deal was rejected.

That was more how I read it at the time anyway.
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    The dynamics will change in the relationship between Lyle and some Cafc fans. The Majority who understand the politics of football know that the Toney/Taylor situation has been replicated at every club for years. They both happen or nothing happens. Is Toney gutted he didn't get a wage increase and a move to the Championship ?

Stephens not going South to Villa when the spivs got greedy yet Dale got his head down despite the Doubling or trebling of the wages not happening until he got the move to the far north at Brighton.

I had an interesting chat with Rhoys Wiggins about the politics of football at the Donny home game before and at half time when we sat next to each other. The players take is so different to the fans views obviously. When offered a decent well paid contract they sign and when the club want rid because of injury or loss of form they engineer a situation. This will happen at every club despite the Bosman ruling, which means the top earners can train and refuse to go anywhere until they want but they may end up training with the kids or become persona non Grata. A compromise normally occurs

I hope the Taylor situation has a happy ending for Lyle and the fans because Taylor should be the top earners by far at this club and if I was the owner, Igor's wages of 7k a week would've  gone straight to the wages Taylor was already on.

• Options
    Unless Taylor does exceptionally well before January, I cannot see Brentford coming in for him, they were desperate for a striker and could not get another one so they did to us what we did with Parker, he will have to do until we get someone better. When January comes around they will have had enough time to find and set up a deal with a club for a younger striker with potential.
  • Options
    Jeez the world is a strange place when a move to Brentford from Charlton is seen as one that could change your life. Hopefully with this good window and Bow, Jacko and Gallen around we can start getting our club back to where it used to be. Plus Roland selling up too of course!
  • Options
    Brentford are trying to do to us what we did to Bournemouth a few years ago, when we took good players from them and look where both clubs are now  :)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Very honest press conference from Bowyer . Sounds like Taylor wanted the move, so he'll take a bit of man management now. 

I think Bowyer is as surprised as the rest of us that we managed to get Kayal 
    Why  do you say that, something you've heard ?

Who said he did ?

The bloke who delivers the sausage rolls for matchday told me.

No, in all seriousness:

LB ''I took a step back when Brentford came in for Lyle. It's something you can't control. I respected that it was a move that could change his life''

LB ''He was disappointed that things didn't quite go a certain way, but he knew the situation that was going on and is ready to get his head down''

That to me sounded like he was disappointed he didnt get the chance to talk to brentford, maybe I'm wrong but that's how I interpreted it.

Sounds like it to me as well :-) I hadn't seen those comments but LB goes on to say "is ready to get his head down" so disappointed maybe but is (hopefully) going to be professional about it & get on with his job. 
  • Options

the last 2 posts on here just goes to show the problem with social media. Will soon be all over twitter that Taylor wanted to go / has a bad attitude / should have got rid...........when nothing of the sort has been said.

The fact that Bowyer thought Brentford's last offer would secure the deal indicates that Taylor was willing to move.  Players under contract can not be transferred against their will.  Bowyer says Duchatelet said No to the transfer, not Taylor.

When news broke that Brentford were bidding, the usual vile abuse directed at Duchatelet erupted on this forum.  The abusers completely misunderstood the situation: Duchatelet turned down around £5m for the sake of the club.  
    Really Mr C.....that’s pushing it I’d say.
  • Options
    edited August 2019

Really Mr C.....that’s pushing it I’d say.
    I'll have a consonant please @SoundAsa£ ;)   
  • Options
    razil said:

for the sake of his sale of the club at anything like his valuation more likely, at least he listened it seems
    Yes indeed, Razil.  Duchatelet knows that nothing like £5m will be offered in the winter window, and next summer Taylor could walk for free.
  • Options
    razil said:
    Are we ignoring that some of the way he wanted it to go could have been a pay rise or a move?
  • Options
    razil said:

Yes indeed, Razil.  Duchatelet knows that nothing like £5m will be offered in the winter window, and next summer Taylor could walk for free.
    Ready made excuse
    "We lost X million this season because nobody bought Taylor... Why didn't the EFL buy Taylor in January? Huh, they stopped anyone buying the club"
  • Options
    LB: “It’s crazy, we’ve got all these players in through the door, but we just missed out on two more so we were disappointed. But looking at the squad on the board today from this time last week, it’s completely different." #cafc

So is that Hemed confirmed as not happening?
    LB: “It’s crazy, we’ve got all these players in through the door, but we just missed out on two more so we were disappointed. But looking at the squad on the board today from this time last week, it’s completely different." #cafc

So is that Hemed confirmed as not happening?

thanks for all the updates @ForeverAddickted .. if the mountain won't come to Hemed, then Hemed must go to the mountain (Arabian saying) ((:>)
  • Options
    Listening to LB press conference, says we were after two more but didn't quite get them done and then when asked he said yes we put a bid for Toney but he was NOT one of the two we just missed out on!! So we wanted Toney + 2 others (no names given) and Hamed, at the time of press conference, he was confident of getting. So from that it seems we wanted Toney, Hamed + 2 who we just missed out on, is that correct?
  • Options
    Am pleased 'RD said no' to the offer for Taylor, if that is what happened. Complete sense of course but none of us would have been surprised if he had sold him and pocketed the money. Maybe other situations influenced  the deal? Whatever, even if the move made was what Lyle wanted re the money etc - I think there is a bit more to him that just money, but then again if RD is only prepared to pay Div One prices who can blame him? But I think he is too professional and committed to Charlton to not give us 100%. LB won't tolerate anything else!
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    Unless Taylor does exceptionally well before January, I cannot see Brentford coming in for him, they were desperate for a striker and could not get another one so they did to us what we did with Parker, he will have to do until we get someone better. When January comes around they will have had enough time to find and set up a deal with a club for a younger striker with potential.
    Maybe Brentford won’t but at the end of Jan there will be more than one club desperate for a striker to make the auto’s/play offs or just beat relegation.  As long as he has an ok 5 months he will be in demand and be able to get a substantial pay rise if we will sell then.  If we hold tight again he will get a large signing on fee somewhere and decent pay so the next couple of years look bright for Taylor