Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Club For A Quid protest (Aug 2020)

Comments

• Options
    Disgusting behaviour to steal the games console. We've gotta be better than that.
    I stole 3 at the beginning of last week from my kids , fucking wallys wanna liven up 

• Options

Just been contacted by one of our fans who tells me the games console is on it's way back to The Valley.Seems organisers did own investigation & came up with the goods. Fair play to them, they were upset that this happened in 1st place. Note the console was never in the boardroom
    Which just backs up the point that this could of been done without a club statement going out to the media. 

Shock, CAFC get it wrong again.
    Seriously, they had better put out another statement saying the games console was returned and hopefully the drink paid for if it has been.
    Probably too late though, Farnell & Elliot will likely be all over it.
  • Options
    The damage referred to is people going on the pitch, which the ground staff specifically asked people not to do. With such a short amount of time till the start of the season it can damage the surface, now it wasn’t a huge amount of traffic but even still. 
    Don’t worry, we’ve had plenty of shit on the pitch over the years. 
  • Options
    Just asking for a friend , any chance of cheese and biscuits at the valley tomorrow?
  • Options
    robroy said:
    I’m curious was it a PS3 or PS4? 
    Elliot bought it.....was a ZX81
    Worth more than they paid for the club.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The damage referred to is people going on the pitch, which the ground staff specifically asked people not to do. With such a short amount of time till the start of the season it can damage the surface, now it wasn’t a huge amount of traffic but even still. 
    The damage was elsewhere, unfortunately, including a press backdrop and an exit gate. 
    To be fair to those in the boardroom, it seems most of the damage and theft occurred elsewhere. Those in the boardroom have offered to pay for what they had, but a decent amount was taken from elsewhere. 
    For example, someone helped themselves to a fair amount of champagne, dropping and smashing some of them as they made off (Yohann Thuram levels of handling!)
    What was the champagne doing there?
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    The damage was elsewhere, unfortunately, including a press backdrop and an exit gate. 
    To be fair to those in the boardroom, it seems most of the damage and theft occurred elsewhere. Those in the boardroom have offered to pay for what they had, but a decent amount was taken from elsewhere. 
    For example, someone helped themselves to a fair amount of champagne, dropping and smashing some of them as they made off (Yohann Thuram levels of handling!)
    What was the champagne doing there?
    There are various bars and lounges around the West Stand which have stocked bars for hospitality on matchdays. Plenty of stock is still behind those bars from before lockdown. 
  • Options
    I know you probably can't say @Ollywozere but who came up with that statement ? 
    The comms team alongside the SMT. We spent a lot of time deliberating over it as it's an extremely sensitive subject. It's no secret that the staff generally are supportive of the fans and the planned protest today which I want to emphasise and we're desperate not to give any impression of an 'us against them' scenario as we are all in it together. 
    The actions of certain individuals shouldn't take away from the overall message of the protest, but some of the stuff was clearly unacceptable and only risks undermining that message. It does no damage to the likes of Elliott or Farnell, the only damage it does is to the staff that have to deal with it and to the reputations of those individuals themselves. 
    We wanted to strike that balance in the statement provided to media and I hope that's understandable to most. We don't want anyone to think there's any criticism of today's protest in general. 

Can you ask the SMT how them not refunding me a booking fee for Hull and Cardiff away tickets is an "action" any worse than passionate committed fans having a glass of wine in the boardroom of THEIR club? These fans being the ones who are giving up time fighting for the future existence of the club for everyone. 

Moreover, can you explain how I had purchased x1 adult season ticket and x2 kids season tickets all on the same credit card last season (and also had about 750 loyalty points for away game purchases) but was not allocated sufficient CAFC "cash" to stream all the remaining games of the season during the pandemic?

Very much directed at the "SMT", not Olly etc. 
  • Options
    I think the PlayStation was in the players lounge for the players kids to use.

Regardless, it's scummy to nick it or bottles of champagne. Nothing to do with protests, just like pissing in sinks.

There's no debate that Southall and Amis have nicked a lot more but that doesn't justify nicking booze.. There are toilets just outside the board room for fucks sake.

Just a massive downer on what should have been a good day.

Spent the afternoon counting the £1 coins and then got told Thomas Sandgaard was matching the amount raised. Fantastic and what we should be about, not petty larceny.

I'm in no way defending those who stole drinks. Had they popped open a bottle of fizz to celebrate 'taking the boardroom' I would have had a glass.
    The guys I saw taking liberties with booze were young and tried to justify by saying the owners has stolen from the club.
    It probably didn't occur to them at the time that the club is not Nimer or Southall and that this tab would have to be picked up sometime.

The toilets were all locked, as were the changing rooms. I personally find pissing in the sink massively disrespectful, its inconsiderate as some poor sod has to clean it up. I'm not saying it didn't happen, but I didn't see it.
    Whoever stole the games console should return it posthaste, really poor form.

Superb work with the piper and all the dosh raised.
    The chap who spoke on behalf of CARD was very good and hopefully there is light at the end of the tunnel.

COYR.

• Options
    Everyone done well today.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    PopIcon said:
    I think the PlayStation was in the players lounge for the players kids to use.

Regardless, it's scummy to nick it or bottles of champagne. Nothing to do with protests, just like pissing in sinks.

There's no debate that Southall and Amis have nicked a lot more but that doesn't justify nicking booze.. There are toilets just outside the board room for fucks sake.

Just a massive downer on what should have been a good day.

Spent the afternoon counting the £1 coins and then got told Thomas Sandgaard was matching the amount raised. Fantastic and what we should be about, not petty larceny.

I'm in no way defending those who stole drinks. Had they popped open a bottle of fizz to celebrate 'taking the boardroom' I would have had a glass.
    The guys I saw taking liberties with booze were young and tried to justify by saying the owners has stolen from the club.
    It probably didn't occur to them at the time that the club is not Nimer or Southall and that this tab would have to be picked up sometime.

The toilets were all locked, as were the changing rooms. I personally find pissing in the sink massively disrespectful, its inconsiderate as some poor sod has to clean it up. I'm not saying it didn't happen, but I didn't see it.
    Whoever stole the games console should return it posthaste, really poor form.

Superb work with the piper and all the dosh raised.
    The chap who spoke on behalf of CARD was very good and hopefully there is light at the end of the tunnel.

COYR.

If the toilets were locked it would explain why someone pissed in the sink.
  • Options
    No idea why anyone thinks pissing in a sink is a bad thing to do particularly if their is no other access to mains drainage.

If you had a choice between pissing on the floor or in a sink into mains drainage, anyone who knew anything about anything would go in the sink.

better not to have a dedicated toilet available but surely sink is next best option?!

The hype on that is someone with no cards to play imo
  • Options
    Thanks Olly, I was 99% certain no one went on the pitch.
    They could have, there were no staff there (understandably), but not one person did.

I'm logging off, fed up with these lies.
    It's bad enough from Southall, Nimer, Farnell & Elliot, but when your own fans are trying to discredit you it's gutting. 
  • Options
    I would have thought that areas like the players lounge would have been locked, the staff were aware what the plans were and should have made sure that  sensitive areas were made out of bounds.
  • Options
    @Bedsaddick I’m done with rowing today but it was by someone who was there. And now the club are going to review footage and probably seek penalties for those who were peacefully protesting inside the ground, a few bad pennies have ruined it for all. The plight is lost. 

Think you're being a bit OTT mate.  

What the last collection of shitbags in the boardroom in an official capacity have been doing the past few years is well beyond anything that has gone on today.

Keep the fanbase united.  Don't let the fuckers divide and rule.  

You've taken a hammering on here today mate and no need for it as we all need to pull together not attack each other.  Don't agree with your views on the whole situation today but don't think fans should be rowing amongst ourselves. 

These northern monkeys and the drips that cling onto them for whatever reason will be doing everything they can to cause ructions within the fanbase to undermine the protests.  Same as when the CARD protests caused rifts in the fanbase.   

Better of united whilst the real enemies are still around and then once we have a half normal ownership and the actual football is the main concern we can all go back to our little tiffs but until then we should show a united front against those who will do far more harm to our club than anyone there today would in a million years regardless of whether it's poor form or not.

And fuck whoever wrote that official statement....get off your high horse and pipe up about the damage done to our club by your paymasters you utter c***s.  

Patronising wankers.

As per Olly's comment it was a combined statement from both the Comms team and Senior Management Team

Trouble is if someone has pissed in a sink etc. its not going to be Farnell / Elliott cleaning up is it?
    Put it out to the fan base. Give the perpetrators the opportunity to return anonymously the games console and perhaps some fans would give their time to come clean up others mess. 

Don’t just risk the whole movement by grassing straight up to the media.

Fucking wanky decision but not surprising as it’s been made by people working for club. They’ve been doing it the last 8 years.
    Don't understand what there is to gain by throwing this to the media. Who are the Senior Management Team anyway ? Somebody with an agenda has pushed this no doubt