Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Club For A Quid protest (Aug 2020)

Comments

• Options
    Could not make protest but respect to all those who did.
  • Options
    I thought there were human rights laws about peaceful protestors having to be provided food and access to toilets, etc? I seem to remember prison rioters being passed Pizza Hut takeaway. Although they may have been holding hostages...
  • Options
    Brilliant interview let's get Thomas in talking to the fans and run our club how it should be.
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    @AFKABartram Nathan chapman the grounds men accused fans of going on the pitch, that’s where the info came from he’s employed by the club so could be bs. 
    The peaceful protest in the car park - it’s fine if you want to do that I merely said it’s not that effective ( in my opinion ) and I firstly said well done to those going. 
    The entering the boardroom and drinking - the club have now tarnished the good efforts with this, a console being stolen wether returned or not is way out of line. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    PopIcon said:
    I think the PlayStation was in the players lounge for the players kids to use.

Regardless, it's scummy to nick it or bottles of champagne. Nothing to do with protests, just like pissing in sinks.

There's no debate that Southall and Amis have nicked a lot more but that doesn't justify nicking booze.. There are toilets just outside the board room for fucks sake.

Just a massive downer on what should have been a good day.

Spent the afternoon counting the £1 coins and then got told Thomas Sandgaard was matching the amount raised. Fantastic and what we should be about, not petty larceny.

I'm in no way defending those who stole drinks. Had they popped open a bottle of fizz to celebrate 'taking the boardroom' I would have had a glass.
    The guys I saw taking liberties with booze were young and tried to justify by saying the owners has stolen from the club.
    It probably didn't occur to them at the time that the club is not Nimer or Southall and that this tab would have to be picked up sometime.

The toilets were all locked, as were the changing rooms. I personally find pissing in the sink massively disrespectful, its inconsiderate as some poor sod has to clean it up. I'm not saying it didn't happen, but I didn't see it.
    Whoever stole the games console should return it posthaste, really poor form.

Superb work with the piper and all the dosh raised.
    The chap who spoke on behalf of CARD was very good and hopefully there is light at the end of the tunnel.

COYR.

If the toilets were locked it would explain why someone pissed in the sink.
    Err, surely "toilets being locked " implies access to the Rest rooms themselves.

In which case, said sink would also be "locked "inside.

And, for further argument as it appears to be the night for a good ruck, unless the plug was in the sink, how would anyone detect a wee ?

Now if it was something brown and smelly........

Just trying to clarify matters, of course.😏
    Other than sinks in the toilets, which were locked, the only other sinks that I can think of are the ones in the bars. So a girl shaking her lettuce 🥬 would be seen.
    Her lettuce :D
  • Options
    @AFKABartram Nathan muller accused fans of going on the pitch, that’s where the info came from he’s employed by the club so could be bs. 
    The peaceful protest in the car park - it’s fine if you want to do that I merely said it’s not that effective ( in my opinion ) and I firstly said well done to those going. 
    The entering the boardroom and drinking - the club have now tarnished the good efforts with this, a console being stolen wether returned or not is way out of line. 
    Just to confirm, I am not the groundsman.

I believe this is Nathan Chapman, which in fairness, he has worked hard getting the pitch ready for the new season.
  • Options
    So that is Dodger.
    I should have guessed.

• Options
    _nam11 said:
    @AFKABartram Nathan muller accused fans of going on the pitch, that’s where the info came from he’s employed by the club so could be bs. 
    Just to confirm, I am not the groundsman.

I believe this is Nathan Chapman, which in fairness, he has worked hard getting the pitch ready for the new season.
    Apologies I knew it was a Nathan! 

Sky sports news 1 minute 38 seconds peice 1st 23 seconds are about the protests the rest is about the clubs statement and the anti social behaviour. 
  • Options
    Relationship between ‘SMT’ and comms team seems to be key here. 
  • Options
    Fumbluff said:
    @AFKABartram Nathan muller accused fans of going on the pitch, that’s where the info came from he’s employed by the club so could be bs
    He makes the yoghurts

I cannot confirm or deny this comment ;)
  • Options
    Saw on Twitter, if it’s not already been made clear on here that an inventory of the booze taken was made and details of who will be paying left so that it can be paid for.
  • Options
    Twerp. Now there’s a word that hasn’t had an airing for a number of years :smile:
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Thanks for the real life summary. 

It's quite rare to get a more positive summary from Sky and BBC on a Charlton demo at the Valley than this actual thread :( 
  • Options
    Pissing in the sink......If your in a boardroom peacefully protesting but then unable to leave the room to use the toilets as the police say you will not be able to return to carry on with the protests. Where do you go?
  • Options
    @AFKABartram Nathan chapman the grounds men accused fans of going on the pitch, that’s where the info came from he’s employed by the club so could be bs. 
    Not again today? Why don’t you get off your phone and go out for the day? 
  • Options
    Each to their own @PalaceHater i respect your view and you’ll never please all the people all the time. For many years Charlton fans were the most activist and headline-makingly respected throughout the football world, yet criticised by other Charlton fans for not being edgy enough. That edge is now there and predictably some don’t like it. 

The games console was wrong, I suspect down to just one individual getting carried away after a few beers, and has quickly been rectified I understand. An away support should not be wholly criticised because one twerp threw a smoke bomb.

We move on. Yesterday was clearly a huge success. From fears of just a few dozen turning up for a pointless protest, 500-1000 turned out and through various actions generated press and awareness all the way up the media chain to the BBC, ITV and Sky at the very top. No one got abused, no one got hurt, a minor incident has been blown out of proportion and promptly rectified. 

Less headline making, but it felt fantastic to be back at The Valley again with fellow fans. The sun shone down on our beautiful ground and I think every single person come away feeling better for it and reminded of just how much Charlton Athletic means to them and their lives. 

I agree wholeheartedly with this.
    I thought there might be a rag tag and bobtail group of about 20 of us, very similar to my thoughts going to the Valley on that clean up day all those years ago.
    Just like that day, to arrive early and find a large number there, and swell to hundreds was fantastic. Also there was something cathartic about both events, simply being there in that beautiful place, the smell of the cut grass and the sun shining yesterday and people of all ages milling about was very lovely.
    A bonfire was the damage on clean up day, and a sink that might need disinfecting possibly was the harm yesterday, but the overwhelming feel for those there was one of positivity.
    A perfect example also regarding not taking negative reports as the main story, the main story was about love not loos.
  • Options
    Yawn.