Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Club For A Quid protest (Aug 2020)

Comments

• Options
    had the misfortune to be introduced to him once, he has about as much personality as an ant.
  • Options
    That's the first time i've seen Dodger being interviewed. Got to say i'm impressed . Especially what he said about the EFL.
  • Options
    T_C_E said:
    Don’t be to Eager to forget his sidekick. 😉

• Options
    had the misfortune to be introduced to him once, he has about as much personality as an ant.
    To be fair, how do you judge a personality on “do you want 100s and 1000s on it” 🤷‍♂️
  • Options
    What's the point of that post?
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    Who the heck is Keohane?!
    Centre back for Arsenal, bit of a monster.
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    Who the heck is Keohane?!
    Centre back for Arsenal, bit of a monster.
    Good looking fella though .....
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    I have no doubt they consumed/nicked wine & beer.
    There was someone on the phone to them asking them to bring some out for them.
    The organisers who were in there would be best placed to sort it out if they haven't already, because they know everyone in there.
    Mind you if the PS3/4 was nicked from the players lounge anyone could have taken that.
    In summary ESI, the CAFC owners have nicked @£2M & fans have nicked @£500.
    I look forward to CAFC putting out a press release tomorrow about the @£2M the owners have stolen.
    Naive. 
    Who or which part is naive, I don't understand?
    (The last line of course was tongue in cheek as that hasn't and won't happen).
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    I think he is saying he prefers Dec.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Some proper Ian Walkers on this site 
    Better than Clive Walkers......
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    A bit out of kilter here, but nicking the kids playstation controls is out of order and should be returned, urinating in the sink (if it happened) is rank, but helping yourself to the refreshments that were there I see as fair game. After all essentially we the fans have paid for it.
    Mind you if I'd seen any cheese sandwiches lying around I wouldn't touch them or trust them.
    I was not in the boardroom by the way.
    Was Sue there? ;)
  • Options
    PopIcon said:
    I think the PlayStation was in the players lounge for the players kids to use.

Regardless, it's scummy to nick it or bottles of champagne. Nothing to do with protests, just like pissing in sinks.

There's no debate that Southall and Amis have nicked a lot more but that doesn't justify nicking booze.. There are toilets just outside the board room for fucks sake.

Just a massive downer on what should have been a good day.

Spent the afternoon counting the £1 coins and then got told Thomas Sandgaard was matching the amount raised. Fantastic and what we should be about, not petty larceny.

I'm in no way defending those who stole drinks. Had they popped open a bottle of fizz to celebrate 'taking the boardroom' I would have had a glass.
    The guys I saw taking liberties with booze were young and tried to justify by saying the owners has stolen from the club.
    It probably didn't occur to them at the time that the club is not Nimer or Southall and that this tab would have to be picked up sometime.

The toilets were all locked, as were the changing rooms. I personally find pissing in the sink massively disrespectful, its inconsiderate as some poor sod has to clean it up. I'm not saying it didn't happen, but I didn't see it.
    Whoever stole the games console should return it posthaste, really poor form.

Superb work with the piper and all the dosh raised.
    The chap who spoke on behalf of CARD was very good and hopefully there is light at the end of the tunnel.

COYR.

If the toilets were locked it would explain why someone pissed in the sink.
    Err, surely "toilets being locked " implies access to the Rest rooms themselves.

In which case, said sink would also be "locked "inside.

And, for further argument as it appears to be the night for a good ruck, unless the plug was in the sink, how would anyone detect a wee ?

Now if it was something brown and smelly........

Just trying to clarify matters, of course.😏
    There are sinks behind the bars and catering outlets.
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    PopIcon said:
    I think the PlayStation was in the players lounge for the players kids to use.

Regardless, it's scummy to nick it or bottles of champagne. Nothing to do with protests, just like pissing in sinks.

There's no debate that Southall and Amis have nicked a lot more but that doesn't justify nicking booze.. There are toilets just outside the board room for fucks sake.

Just a massive downer on what should have been a good day.

Spent the afternoon counting the £1 coins and then got told Thomas Sandgaard was matching the amount raised. Fantastic and what we should be about, not petty larceny.

I'm in no way defending those who stole drinks. Had they popped open a bottle of fizz to celebrate 'taking the boardroom' I would have had a glass.
    The guys I saw taking liberties with booze were young and tried to justify by saying the owners has stolen from the club.
    It probably didn't occur to them at the time that the club is not Nimer or Southall and that this tab would have to be picked up sometime.

The toilets were all locked, as were the changing rooms. I personally find pissing in the sink massively disrespectful, its inconsiderate as some poor sod has to clean it up. I'm not saying it didn't happen, but I didn't see it.
    Whoever stole the games console should return it posthaste, really poor form.

Superb work with the piper and all the dosh raised.
    The chap who spoke on behalf of CARD was very good and hopefully there is light at the end of the tunnel.

COYR.

First rule is you have to be squeaky clean or the press will just focus on the wrongdoing. 
    Toilets were all locked when there was a skeleton staff working there?
    I am sure there was a toilet unlocked and available for security and the few other staff who might be around.....but unless you knew where it was you’d very  likely not find it.
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    About same as yours.
  • Options
    If you want to put out tweets about the protest and the aims then you should expect tweets about the bad behaviour too. 
  • Options
    T_C_E said:
    To be fair, how do you judge a personality on “do you want 100s and 1000s on it” 🤷‍♂️
    If he asked me that when I ordered a cheeseburger  I'd be inclined to judge him.
  • Options
    URINE is sterile because it contains no living organisms, unless the person that produces is unlucky enough to have a urinary tract or bladder infection. There are less bacteria in urine than in tap water, for example. 

(Dr) Peter Lund, School of Biological Sciences, University of Birmingham
    Why don’t you piss off!
  • Options
    What has that poor hard working ant done to deserve being compared to fat boy Keohane? 🐜🤪
  • Options
    URINE is sterile because it contains no living organisms, unless the person that produces is unlucky enough to have a urinary tract or bladder infection. There are less bacteria in urine than in tap water, for example. 

(Dr) Peter Lund, School of Biological Sciences, University of Birmingham
    I never realised Thomas Sandgaard was also a University professor!

https://bham.academia.edu/PeterLund

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Ferryman said:
    The damage referred to is people going on the pitch, which the ground staff specifically asked people not to do. With such a short amount of time till the start of the season it can damage the surface, now it wasn’t a huge amount of traffic but even still. 
    There was a nasty brown track running the length of the pitch about two yards in on the west side - that's not from fans but how did that get there?
    Did it have Range Rover type tyre tracks?
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    SE9 said:
    Pissing in the sink......If your in a boardroom peacefully protesting but then unable to leave the room to use the toilets as the police say you will not be able to return to carry on with the protests. Where do you go?
    I wouldn't p*** in the sink.

I'd not be able to reach.
    It's a good job they have the lower ones for kids at motorway services mate, hang on though you normally take the train so forget that 😉.
  • Options
    Addickted said:
    We really are a unique bunch us Charlton fans. Not many clubs would have hundreds of fans break into their stadium, pile down pitch side and the respectfully file carefully around the perimeter to ensure no one went on the pitch. I didn’t see a single foot cross the line. 

I was one of the last to leave the pitchside area and I’ve photos of the media backboard that clearly doesn’t have any damage in them so wonder what the supposed damage was. All that was happening was kids having their photos in front of it. 
    You must have just missed the three big blokes with a pick axe and spades desecrating the pitch and the media board being used as target practice by mates of @SE7toSG3 with a 25 pounder.

Absolute disgrace the Club releasing that statement and no amount of 'toning down' (from what? Arson? Raping and pillaging?) justifies either it's virtual immediate release or the accusations made without an opportunity for those there to respond.

Still no update as to what has subsequently occurred, just a tweet from Mick Everett saying the games console has been returned. Where's the 'official' press release update @Ollywozere?
    Agreed, I still believe that the club’s media release - which is the quickest thing I’ve seen this club do in years - could have left the description as “damage”, there was no need for the exact details, and that was surely only mentioned to shine a bad light on the fantastic work of the fans yesterday. 

I’d say that the SMT were embarrassed by yesterday and how much superb media attention the event reached, and the console being stolen was a perfect opportunity for them to get some media time too. 
    Keohane possibly thought he would get the blame, so quickly diverted the attention.
  • Options
    As I understand it the item that was removed has been returned. I wonder if the club will let the media outlets know that and whilst they are at it point out that some other missing items such as vehicles are still outstanding. I totally understand the thought process of being employed and wanting to keep your job but there comes a time when you need to step up. If I worked for an organisation that behaved like ESI have not a chance I would remain silent.
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    About same as yours.
    Apologies. On re-reading I think you may have been talking about Keohane, in which case please do feel free to continue.
  • Options
    RedChaser said:
    SE9 said:
    Pissing in the sink......If your in a boardroom peacefully protesting but then unable to leave the room to use the toilets as the police say you will not be able to return to carry on with the protests. Where do you go?
    I wouldn't p*** in the sink.

I'd not be able to reach.
    It's a good job they have the lower ones for kids at motorway services mate, hang on though you normally take the train so forget that 😉.
    I sit on the pan, even if it is not for a number two.