Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

ESI 1 v ESI 2 - Initial Hearing 01-02/09/2020, Court of Appeal 17/09/2020 (p127)

Comments

• Options
    Seems like they still haven't sorted it out, and we've all been out for ages now.
  • Options
    There's a limited amount of slots on Teams, say 200 people can join and theres 600 trying to log in, it creates a queuing system, people that need to be there will get caught in the queue - causing delays-  you then have to take into consideration the courts ability to host, connection speeds, bandwith, server... sure Teams and the courts hardware can host 200 people - but not necessarily successfully.

I've sat in a team training meeting on Teams, 42 people, one person sharing a screen so we can watch.. it was shite. 
    Right but you can set the meeting up so that everyone waits in the lobby before being admitted. You could then admit the people who have to be on the call (in this case our solicitors and Paul Elliott) first and then the remaining capacity goes to joe public. 
  • Options
    This is well tragic 
  • Options
    Elliott must be loving the thought of adjournment. 
  • Options
    CAFC Facts took that tweet down, so I can only assume that means the statement about it being delayed/cancelled is false
  • Options
    Richard J said:
    I don't blame anyone, but as Lee says It is what it is. 
    I agree it is farcical. 
    Please leave the call and let Rich and Rick report on Twitter. 
    That assumes they are included on the priority list on the new invite.
  • Options
    Yes please just leave it. You don't have to hear every word, there will be a report, we really need this to go ahead. 
    But why not. This is the British justice system & everyone has the right to see/hear what is happening. In real life you would probably have to lock the doors & turn people away, but as its being held virtually surely that makes it even easier to let people "into" the hearing.

Its not CAFC fans that are the problem here. Probably down to Teams or whatever it is that is delaying it all. 
    Exactly, 1,000 people turn up and do you get it? No you don't. 

I agree that the IT is the issue, but why keep trying purely for the sake of it? Pointless and completely against what we have to achieve today. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Richard J said:
    I don't blame anyone, but as Lee says It is what it is. 
    I agree it is farcical. 
    Please leave the call and let Rich and Rick report on Twitter. 
    The call was needed 15 minutes ago, new link coming out to key people only.
  • Options
    There's a limited amount of slots on Teams, say 200 people can join and theres 600 trying to log in, it creates a queuing system, people that need to be there will get caught in the queue - causing delays-  you then have to take into consideration the courts ability to host, connection speeds, bandwith, server... sure Teams and the courts hardware can host 200 people - but not necessarily successfully.

I've sat in a team training meeting on Teams, 42 people, one person sharing a screen so we can watch.. it was shite. 
    If only 200 can join then why would they send out 600 invites

edited before I saw, automated response I guess?
  • Options
    se9addick said:

Right but you can set the meeting up so that everyone waits in the lobby before being admitted. You could then admit the people who have to be on the call (in this case our solicitors and Paul Elliott) first and then the remaining capacity goes to joe public. 
    Precisely. 
  • Options
    Addickted said:
    I thought the whole idea of logging into a virtual lobby is that the Clerk of the Court can pull in individuals to the hearing in priority order. Those with Mics/cameras on can be immediately evicted until they learn to read the instructions on using the service properly.

Letting people in one by one wouldn't have taken that long. 5-10 minutes?
    Exactly. You would think the clerk would notice that she had filled the room to capacity but the judge had yet to bloody join.
  • Options
    AndyG said:
    Stig said:
    Best that none of us join and just follow the updates, we don’t want this adjourned
    You're right we don't want it adjourned, but it's no bad thing for the court to understand the level of interest in this.
    Knowing Elliottttttttt he will say we are all there to support him lol
    Does Elliot talk? 
    Only with someone's hand up his bottom allegedly.
  • Options
    I know we never kick off on time but this is ridiculous 
  • Options

What is going on?  Can someone summarise please so I don't have to read the previous 17 pages of this thread

• Options
    Addickted said:
    I thought the whole idea of logging into a virtual lobby is that the Clerk of the Court can pull in individuals to the hearing in priority order. Those with Mics/cameras on can be immediately evicted until they learn to read the instructions on using the service properly.

Letting people in one by one wouldn't have taken that long. 5-10 minutes?
    Yup - asked all of the "players" to be in at 1.30 and the rest of us afterwards. Only problem is if one of the connections drops - like the judge or barrister and then they cant get back in again 

• Options
    Who threw the pigs on to the pitch?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Nadou said:
    How can this be put at the door of the fans? Absolutely absurd to suggest that.
    Clogging up the system, not turning off camera and mic.
    As far as I'm aware only invitees joined, so there should have been no clogging up the system.
    Anyone not turning off camera & mics was neither here nor there.
    It didn't proceed because the judge, solicitors & Elliot couldn't join.
    This is down to the court's procedures and no one else.
    People are openly sharing links..... 
  • Options
    Nadou said:
    Nadou said:
    The system should be able to cope,  it's in no way on the fans.

• Options
    Sitting here thinking I need to get a life lol
  • Options
    edited September 2020

What is going on?  Can someone summarise please so I don't have to read the previous 17 pages of this thread

Relevant people couldn't get in and nothing has happened.
    Oh except Paige got told off. 
  • Options

And I imagine the email request and invite from the court is automated, I doubt a secretary sat there and counted through 200+ emails.
    I was told about an hour ago on the phone by one of the court staff who take the requests, that the number is 300.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

Indeed, I doubt they expected 200+ Charlton fans to turn up? Perhaps Jill the court usher is still stuck in her ways with Skype?

Perhaps, they're just useless

And Teams is sh!t

• Options
    The clerk of the court (if that's who it was talking) was being instructed by someoen else whispering to her, so maybe she was learning? 

Hope she gets sacked in the morning
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    esseffect said:
    se9addick said:
    esseffect said:
    Why can’t we just let it happen and stop trying to join? Cawley and others will report the truth to us stop delays matters more 
    Courts being open to the public is a pretty important part of our legal system..:
    It is open to the public. But if you all turned up in reality would everyone get in? No.
    Right, so there would be a capacity in the public gallery. No reason that can’t be established in exactly the same way here. 
    I agree to a point. Maybe a failsafe in place for no. Of people when x have asked to join. Teams doesn’t work this way however.

Now if you think the court should have given out x amount of invites based on what the severs could handle, that would make no sense.

Do you send out invites to a party and stop when you’ve reached capacity, or do you logically expect some people won’t come so over invite and then turn away at the door.

• Options

Absolutely nothing, typical Charlton never kick off on time. 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!