Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Its official - JonJo signs

edited February 2009 in General Charlton
Shelvey signs

Comments

• Is it now on Henry's OS, then ... ?

;o)
  • edited February 2009
    It is so everyone can now say

YEAH!
  • 2 and half years?

Not long enough. Murray Out.

;-)
  • Oh so, that gives us two seasons to get back to the Premiership to keep him longer.

Maybe we need a plan over a certain time period?
  • Marvellous news. If only someone knew about this a week ago :-)
  • [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]2 and half years?

Not long enough. Murray Out.

;-)

We'll be back in the Premiership by then ; - )

Proof that Shelvey is impressed with Parkinsella's tactics, coaching and man-management skills.

No evidence to back that up but that never stops anyone else.
  • Crikey, the club aren't taking any chances......

"England U17 international Shelvey signed his new contract first thing in the morning ......"

Apparently, Parky and Gritty had spent the night camped out on the Shelvey doorstep, and when Daddy Shelvey opened the door to put the cat out, they forced their way in, ran up the stairs to Jonjo's bedroom, shook him awake, thrust a pen into his hand and said "SIGN!".

;o)
  • What's the big deal.

Palace kept Bostock and we kept Shelvey?

Oh... yeah, I see ; - )
  • let's hope theres no clause in his contract eh
  • Tut, tut....... OS, you have to get your facts right, even when your excited.
    We're all Anoraks, you know.

"And the first-year scholar was again in the starting XI in the opening match of the season against Scunthorpe United, when his corner enabled skipper Mark Hudson to score in the first few minutes."

;o)
  • Sponsored links:

• Very good news for the club, it would have been so easy for another club to come along and just whisk him away....my big worry is we are putting too much faith in this lad who is 17!
  • shame we couldnt get 3.5 years but its better than nowt, I guess we flog him summer 2010 or winter 2011
  • We all need to thank the great guys who made Jonjo feel so good about the club and how he has been nurtured and developed over the years - Steve Avory, Steve Gritt and Damian Matthew.
  • Great News
  • Very pleased with this one, above everything else, I will enjoying watching him for the next few years at least.
  • Ok, maybe it's just me but has this news got a very muted response?

Now if he had been sold I would bet a large amount of £££ that this thread would be up in the hundreds already and that there would be more venom that a snakes snogging party.

Plenty of people were worrying that he would leave, predicting he would leave, maybe even looking forward to him about to leave but as it is good news hardly a ripple on the calm waters of the Charlton Life pond.

Strange lot Charlton fans.
  • [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Ok, maybe it's just me but has this news got a very muted response?

Its only been up an hour, plus it has already been said in other threads and in Tuesday blog article, so its not exactly a bolt out of the blue.

I'm delighted as a supporter because i rate him, but i also think he has made the best personal decision for him.
  • Henry, I think most of us "knew" that he would be staying. He was quite openly telling supporters who asked him at Barnsley last week that he was going to sign a contract. So it's not particularly surprising news.
  • edited February 2009
    [cite]Posted By: Red_Pete[/cite]Henry, I think most of us "knew" that he would be staying. He was quite openly telling supporters who asked him at Barnsley last week that he was going to sign a contract. So it's not particularly surprising news.

That it isn't but it still is great news, unfortunatley talk is cheap until he actually signed that contract nobody really knew.

I think every Charlton fan is chuft to bits, I did a little jump a kinsella styley clinched fist pump inot the air and a great yes com on the min I saw it was official - the palace fans in my office loved it!!
  • [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Ok, maybe it's just me but has this news got a very muted response?

We only like bad news, Henry.

Or there'd be nothing to moan about.

;o)
  • Sponsored links:

• I think it's a credit to him and his family that they weren't just intrested in the money, because we all know he probably could have gone to a Prem club and picked up wages that we couldn't afford, but rather than that he's decided to stick with us. Well done son!
  • edited February 2009
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Ok, maybe it's just me but has this news got a very muted response?

Its only been up an hour, plus it has already been said in other threads and in Tuesday blog article, so its not exactly a bolt out of the blue.

I'm delighted as a supporter because i rate him, but i also think he has made the best personal decision for him.

Sorry, didn't read the blog article. Was it any good ; - 0

Points, and Red Pete's, taken but I still hold that a negative outcome would have drawn a much bigger response and much quicker. the amount of traffic after a win compared to a defeat shows that.
  • edited February 2009
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    Sorry, didn't read the blog article. Was it any good ; - 0

Don't worry henry we never read yours either!!
  • edited February 2009
    Smart Kid. Now if he goes we can get a decent fee!
  • edited February 2009
    [cite]Posted By: CAFCBourne[/cite]Don't worry henry we never read yours either!!

I know. That's why people missed all the gossip and tip offs
  • Best news in ages!! CAFC
  • I think its great news and, in my view, shows the club is moving forward again.
  • AFKA's gossip and tip offs don't count ... ?

;o)
  • [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]AFKA's gossip and tip offs don't count ... ?

;o)

Not cryptic enough : - )

Now if he had been sold I would bet a large amount of £££ that this thread would be up in the hundreds already and that there would be more venom that a snakes snogging party.

Plenty of people were worrying that he would leave, predicting he would leave, maybe even looking forward to him about to leave but as it is good news hardly a ripple on the calm waters of the Charlton Life pond.

Most of us are realists, yes, he's signed, great news for the short term, but we all know deep down, if we get relegated or fail to mount a major promotion push next season if we stay in the CCC, then he will be offski at the first major offer (assuming his progress continues)