Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

***Naby Sarr signed on 5 year deal*** (Ed. Gone)

Comments

• Options
    We should have used him as a striker more often tbh
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Now here's a difficult one for you - Bogle or Naby up top? And you can't have both playing in coming to that answer!
  • Options
    ‘We thought he was just a central defender from Charlton’.

Guess the commentators don’t watch a lot of football.
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Leuth said:
    Now here's a difficult one for you - Bogle or Naby up top? And you can't have both playing in coming to that answer!
    Naby Sarr is about 15 times the footballer Bogle is
    I totally agree with you but that does rather make Bogle Conference South at best!
  • Options
    Never a dull moment with Naby...
  • Options
    Wait did he score both their goals? Did he play the whole game up front?
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    Yep Sarr so much better a baller than Bogle. Scored as many goals in 1 game as Bogle has all season. Defending for the goal they conceded was tough.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Leuth said:
    Leuth said:
    I totally agree with you but that does rather make Bogle Conference South at best!
    Sarr is Championship plus .
    Do me a favour 
  • Options
    He's definitely a championship quality player, scored 2 goals today in a team that's exactly mid table in the championship
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    He's definitely a championship quality player, scored 2 goals today in a team that's exactly mid table in the championship
    Two very good goals...
  • Options
    Naby is a technically gifted footballer who lacks concentration and switches off. He reminds me a bit of David Luiz so far as those traits are concerned but is obviously not in the same class.

I struggle with Bogle as I really do not see what he brings to the table. Not every striker has to be prolific but they have to offer something - Carl Leaburn certainly wasn't but he could hold the ball up, bully centre backs and bring other players into the game. Bogle does none of that very well and that is probably the reason why we are the 7th club he has played for in the last four years during which time he has scored just 13 goals.
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    They're not directly comparable players.

One is an attacking, goal scoring and assisting CB in the championship, the other a low scoring forward in League 1.

• Options
    edited December 2020
    J BLOCK said:
    Leuth said:
    Leuth said:
    Do me a favour 
    You are having a laugh.  He is in the Championship.  We are not. Work it out.
    To be fair by that logic you would say the same about Bonne. But Sarr is easily championship quality for me
  • Options
    Great goals, really pleased for him 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited December 2020
    J BLOCK said:
    Leuth said:
    Leuth said:
    Do me a favour 
    Ah yes, that well known fact that if a player is playing in the championship, whilst his old team are in league one, then he is definitely, 100%, absolutely a ‘Championship + player’.

Same with Bonne too? 

“Work it out” haha behave 
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    Sarr has the technical ability to play in the premier league.

The fact he is prone to lapses in concentration, getting caught out of position, ball watching etc is the reason he is not playing in the premier league.

Him standing there in the 91st minute at the Den ball watching as the bloke just jumped over him to score still pisses me off.
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:
    Leuth said:
    Leuth said:
    Do me a favour 
    To be fair by that logic you would say the same about Bonne. But Sarr is easily championship quality for me
    Josh Parker, Martin Cranie
  • Options
    wmcf123 said:
    J BLOCK said:
    Leuth said:
    Leuth said:
    Do me a favour 
    Josh Parker, Martin Cranie
    Parker went up as a squad player at Wycombe who probably never expected to even be challenging for promotion from League 1.

Cranie's a bad example. No doubt poor for us in 08/09, but he's been there ever since, aside from one season in League 1 and another in the Prem. Clearly someone who improved after we had him on loan.
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    Sarr has the technical ability to play in the premier league.

The fact he is prone to lapses in concentration, getting caught out of position, ball watching etc is the reason he is not playing in the premier league.

Him standing there in the 91st minute at the Den ball watching as the bloke just jumped over him to score still pisses me off.
    What about when he cuts across the right winger with a perfect tackle, then swings in an inch perfect cross for T*ylor to score against Forest? 

Or when he steps forward from defence to intercept the ball, plays the ball out wide right and continues his run, and as the ball is crossed back into the box he ghosts in unmarked to tap home and win the game?

That's the problem with us fans, we're too fickle, we're too caught up about derby games and the passion of moments that out clouds our judgements. The lad has great technical ability for a centre back, and would waltz into our defence this season (and probably waltz through it and score if we ever played against him too)

He's championship quality, end of
    Where did i say he wasn't championship quality? The very fact he's a first team regular for a championship side tells us that he is.

I've literally said he has the technical ability to play in the premier league but his lapses in concentration are why he isn't.
  • Options
    great finish for the second. Poor positioning a couple of times in the highlights. Sums up nabby really. Brilliant and poor in the same breathe 
  • Options
    This season stats

Naby Sarr
    18 league starts , 3 league goals , 1698 mins football (excluding injury time mins) = 566 mins per goal= a goal every 6.29 games

Macaulay Bonne  
    9 league starts + 13 substitute appearances , 2 league goals , 972 mins football (excluding injury time mins)= 486 mins per goal = a goal every 5.4 games 

Lyle Taylor
    13 league starts + 9 substitute appearances, 4 league goals, 1301 mins football (excluding injury time mins)= 325 mins per goal = a goal every 3.61 games