Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

England Cricket 2021 (excluding Ashes)

Comments

• That seemed harsh but will take it. Mathews going to try to smash it about a bit now. 
  • England need 74 to win. Leach gets a decent 5fer which will give him a boost

Slight pressure on Sibley and Crawley with Burns etc to come back in for India. And as I type this, Sibley is bowled!
  • England will scrape home here, but if Sri Lanka had scored another 50 runs it would be tough. 
  • 12/2 Crawley also goes
  • 14/3 Root run out
  • Oh dear. Bairstow nearly run out. 
  • Run out fucking pathetic panicking kids 

• This is the 11th time England's openers have been out for single-figure scores in both innings in a Test. It happened most recently in the Headingley Test of 2019.
  • This is the 11th time England's openers have been out for single-figure scores in both innings in a Test. It happened most recently in the Headingley Test of 2019.
    As a contrast, how many times have England had two spinners taking five wicket hauls in a match? That can't have happened often.
  • It's been a useful match for the England spinners, in that they both got plenty of time out in the middle. Leach in particular had a horribly underbowled 2020, and really needed the long spells he's got in this match.

Quite a contrast though with the hostility generated by the Sri Lankan spinners.
  • Sponsored links:

• Chizz said:
    This is the 11th time England's openers have been out for single-figure scores in both innings in a Test. It happened most recently in the Headingley Test of 2019.
    As a contrast, how many times have England had two spinners taking five wicket hauls in a match? That can't have happened often.
    according to R5Live, (quoting the Sunday Times), the last time was Emburey and Underwood in either 1982 or 84 (can't recall which year)
  • Chizz said:
    This is the 11th time England's openers have been out for single-figure scores in both innings in a Test. It happened most recently in the Headingley Test of 2019.
    according to R5Live, (quoting the Sunday Times), the last time was Emburey and Underwood in either 1982 or 84 (can't recall which year)
    Just looked it up, thank you. 

Derek Underwood took eight wickets and Emburey six. So it was obviously Emburey's 27-ball duck that clinched the man of the match award, ahead of Underwood's golden duck. 

Or, early anti-Kent bias. 
  • Chizz said:
    Chizz said:

Derek Underwood took eight wickets and Emburey six. So it was obviously Emburey's 27-ball duck that clinched the man of the match award, ahead of Underwood's golden duck. 

Well Emburey is a foul mouthed Millwall supporter, so they probably thought it safer!
  • Chizz said:
    Chizz said:

Well Emburey is a foul mouthed Millwall supporter, so they probably thought it safer!
    I worked in Camberwell in the early 90's and used to see Emburey out & about.
  • Lord's international tickets on open sale today 

Unfortunately forgot to go in at 10am when it opened. Been in a queue for a while, the  number ahead of me is now 4182!
  • aussie cricketers have always been very hot on advocating sun cream - i realise why after getting sunburnt to shit on an overcast day in sydney a year ago!

Unfortunately forgot to go in at 10am when it opened. Been in a queue for a while, the  number ahead of me is now 4182!
    Husband remembered at 10am, got aisle seats, paid, then got kicked out and had to start again. 45 mins later he came back in and said he'd managed to get some again day 1 and 4 Compton upper and Edrich restricted view.  
    I got in the queue and it said 59 minute wait, but I forgot to check it and missed my slot when it came up a bit later which is just as well as I don't think we could afford any more!

• I got 2 tickets for India day 2 Lower Grandstand.
    You need to reset your password if you haven't done so since Feb 2020.
    My mate got kicked out and so did I, but I eventually got back in after resetting the passwords and the tickets were still in my basket an hour later.

Husband remembered at 10am, got aisle seats, paid, then got kicked out and had to start again. 45 mins later he came back in and said he'd managed to get some again day 1 and 4 Compton upper and Edrich restricted view.  
    I got in the queue and it said 59 minute wait, but I forgot to check it and missed my slot when it came up a bit later which is just as well as I don't think we could afford any more!

Yes, Lord's tickets are bloody expensive!

One of my tickets was an Edrich restricted view seat too. From the plan it's the Mound roof which hides a small amount of the outfield, which is acceptable for the saving!
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 2021
    Mate 1 joined the queue at 10am, got to the checkout at 11.15 & couldn't buy because of password not being accepted, needing to be reset etc. Tried for hours and gave up.

I joined the queue at 11am, got to the checkout at 1.15pm & couldn't buy re not accepting my password and had to reset it (same as above). It still wouldn't let me "in" with my reset password, but after trying numerous times, it eventually did, so I got my 2 at 1.45pm.

Mate 2 joined the queue at 2.30 pm having been forewarned & resetting his password.
    He finally paid for 2 tickets at 4pm, having reset his password twice, having 2 payments declined and got a message that all his bank cards have now been blocked lol.

NB our WI tickets for the Oval 2020, have been transferred to the India Test 2021.

Now where's that jab? I've now got plans for going out out :smile:
  • We've sat in restricted view seats every year at Lords. Always brilliant seats and felt smug having paid half of what surrounding people had paid when there was hardly anything we couldn't see. in the Mound there are tons of 'restricted' seats by old father time cameras which is also where some of the debenture guests from the nursery dining place sit, and the walk is so long for them, they hardly ever come back so always have seat options (and can move into the sunny seats) after lunch/tea. 
  • We've sat in restricted view seats every year at Lords. Always brilliant seats and felt smug having paid half of what surrounding people had paid when there was hardly anything we couldn't see. in the Mound there are tons of 'restricted' seats by old father time cameras which is also where some of the debenture guests from the nursery dining place sit, and the walk is so long for them, they hardly ever come back so always have seat options (and can move into the sunny seats) after lunch/tea. 
    I had a restricted view seat in the Mound Stand a couple of years ago, due to being behind the exit staircase railings. I never got to actually use it as it rained all day, but the view seemed fine to me...
  • Mate 1 joined the queue at 10am, got to the checkout at 11.15 & couldn't buy because of password not being accepted, needing to be reset etc. Tried for hours and gave up.

I joined the queue at 11am, got to the checkout at 1.15pm & couldn't buy re not accepting my password and had to reset it (same as above). It still wouldn't let me "in" with my reset password, but after trying numerous times, it eventually did, so I got my 2 at 1.45pm.

Mate 2 joined the queue at 2.30 pm having been forewarned & resetting his password.
    He finally paid for 2 tickets at 4pm, having reset his password twice, having 2 payments declined and got a message that all his bank cards have now been blocked lol.

NB our WI tickets for the Oval 2020, have been transferred to the India Test 2021.

Now where's that jab? I've now got plans for going out out :smile:
    My password was fine, but after getting in at just before one, was a bit disconcerting that it took 10 minutes to log in. And that after I had bought the tickets, the website then tried and failed to open a page with "problem" in the address. But got a conformation email so I assume it worked ok!

All over 50s should be jabbed by the time of my first match!
  • Are sales restricted for social distancing or is it full capacity?

• Are sales restricted for social distancing or is it full capacity?

Full capacity, cricket it seems is adopting an all or nothing approach
  • Forgot all about Lord’s tickets until I saw this thread! Just got two in the Compton Lower for Day 2. Not cheap, are they?!
  • Looking at the India schedule, quite surprising that The Oval isn't hosting its usual final Test of the series, as Old Trafford has that this summer.
  • If you're not up for this, you're missing out! 
  • You're REALLY missing out