Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

You know you're getting old when.

Comments

• When you wake up on a cold day & both hips & both knees are aching, I’m 41! 
    Sounds like you need a warmer duvet.
  • I'd like to think up my own cricket pun but I'm stumped.
  • Stig said:
    I'd like to think up my own cricket pun but I'm stumped.

😉
  • When your Facebook memories remind you it was 11 years ago today that @se9addick lost his glasses... :-) 
  • When your Facebook memories remind you it was 11 years ago today that @se9addick lost his glasses... :-) 
    😳 

Public humiliation never gets old!
  • Redrobo said:

I'm 25 and I know that...
    Did grandad 👴 show you?😀 or did you learn that in a history lesson at school? ☹️
    I had a tape walkman when I was a kid. I remember when my older brother first got a CD Walkman. Had tapes in the car too. It wasn't all that long ago that these were common.
  • se9addick said:
    When your Facebook memories remind you it was 11 years ago today that @se9addick lost his glasses... :-) 
    😳 

Public humiliation never gets old!
    Wycombe?
  • When you get ridiculed for your response the the question, what do you want on your cheese sandwich? Oh, just a bit of Pan Yan please.
  • Sponsored links:

• When a 9 year old beats you on Fifa
    Should have accidentally disconnected his controller 
  • Stig said:
    When you get ridiculed for your response the the question, what do you want on your cheese sandwich? Oh, just a bit of Pan Yan please.
    Phew, I’m not as old yet as I feared :-) 
    Should have accidentally disconnected his controller 
    Wireless.
    I've trained him since since 2018 version so I will take some credit but boy was I shocked I can't beat the fecker now. 
    Reminded me of when I could beat my dad at games and I used to take the piss. I feel a bit guilty about that now realising he must of felt like I do now 
  • RedChaser said:
    When they say at your funeral, he had a good innings. 
    They said that about my Dad who was 90 but I replied that I wished he was still not out and going for his century 😞.

So poignant @RedChaser.

My Dad is in the nervous 90's; he plays and misses a lot now, my mum is down the  other end and tells him no quick singles.
    She tells him to block and see out the over.
    He listens but his short term memory is going so he takes a mighty swipe at the next ball !

I want him to raise his bat to the pavilion and receive a standing ovation for reaching a century. His navy mates who took on the Germans and the Japanese are all out now.
    Some were out in their late teens and early 20's.

The Bermondsey boy done good !

Ps. The Millwall fan who I converted to Cafc.
    If I reach my nineties, I expect I’ll be stumped quite a bit. I won’t bowl a maiden over (not that I have since my 20s). There’s more likely to be a trickle down the leg side than a tickle and I might get caught short slashing outside the off stump. When it’s cold, I’ll need an extra cover and I expect I’ll make many slips. As for no balls, it doesn’t bear thinking about. Eventually, I will be all out and there will be a long stop. Hopefully, I’ll be remembered as silly mad off.
    I’m long off already
  • edited January 2021
    When any people or dogs having a name starting with the same letter and you get them round the wrong way. This includes calling or referring to a human using the name of one of our dogs or vice versa.
  • edited January 2021
    When any people or dogs have a name starting with the same letter and you get them round the wrong way. This includes calling or referring to a human using the name of one of our dogs or vice versa.
    Im just terrible with names in general!!

Strangest one when at Charlton was I accidentally called out McGregor instead of Gallagher once last season
  • RedChaser said:
    When they say at your funeral, he had a good innings. 
    They said that about my Dad who was 90 but I replied that I wished he was still not out and going for his century 😞.

So poignant @RedChaser.

My Dad is in the nervous 90's; he plays and misses a lot now, my mum is down the  other end and tells him no quick singles.
    She tells him to block and see out the over.
    He listens but his short term memory is going so he takes a mighty swipe at the next ball !

I want him to raise his bat to the pavilion and receive a standing ovation for reaching a century. His navy mates who took on the Germans and the Japanese are all out now.
    Some were out in their late teens and early 20's.

The Bermondsey boy done good !

Ps. The Millwall fan who I converted to Cafc.
    If I reach my nineties, I expect I’ll be stumped quite a bit. I won’t bowl a maiden over (not that I have since my 20s). There’s more likely to be a trickle down the leg side than a tickle and I might get caught short slashing outside the off stump. When it’s cold, I’ll need an extra cover and I expect I’ll make many slips. As for no balls, it doesn’t bear thinking about. Eventually, I will be all out and there will be a long stop. Hopefully, I’ll be remembered as silly mad off.
    I’m long off already
  • When your belief that there's a huge time gap between (I'm Not Your) Steppin' Stone by The Monkees and (I'm Not Your) Steppin' Stone by The Sex Pistols is shattered by the realisation that the chronological gap between The Pistol's version and now is over four times greater.
  • When it gets to 2.15pm before you discover it’s Wednesday and not Tuesday :-(
  • Sponsored links:

• When it gets to 2.15pm before you discover it’s Wednesday and not Tuesday :-(
    Wait till you forgot what year it is! 
  • stonemuse said:
    When it gets to 2.15pm before you discover it’s Wednesday and not Tuesday :-(
    Wait till you forgot what year it is! 

when you have to look up what year it is as you’re not sure (me on Tuesday)

• When any people or dogs having a name starting with the same letter and you get them round the wrong way. This includes calling or referring to a human using the name of one of our dogs or vice versa.
    A mate of mine has a dog named Missy and a daughter-in-law named Maddy......when in their company I have slipped up more than a few times!
    The dog is a much loved and involved part of the family, so is always around, which make it even more tricky.
  • When Scott Parker is not a long haired kid signing forms in the corner of the pitch in front of the Covered End to being a manager.
  • SoundAsa£ said: ok
    When any people or dogs having a name starting with the same letter and you get them round the wrong way. This includes calling or referring to a human using the name of one of our dogs or vice versa.
    A mate of mine has a dog named Missy and a daughter-in-law named Maddy......when in their company I have slipped up more than a few times!
    The dog is a much loved and involved part of the family, so is always around, which make it even more tricky.
    I bet that’s a bit awkward mate if you stand there with the dog lead and call out ‘walkies’ to the wrong name 😁.
  • When any people or dogs having a name starting with the same letter and you get them round the wrong way. This includes calling or referring to a human using the name of one of our dogs or vice versa.
    I can identify with this one mate.
    My daughter Sarah's middle name is Louise and when she was young I occasionally called her Lou.
    Later we got a dog which we called Lulu.
    You might say I could be forgiven then, for occasionally inadvertently calling my daughter Lulu.
    Doesn't explain why on more than one occasion when the dog is being disobedient I have screamed out "Sarah!", reducing the rest of the family to hysterics.
  • When you finally reach official state pension age - 6 years later than planned- and there are no pubs open to go out for a cheap OAP lunch to celebrate the fact! 
  • RedChaser said:
    SoundAsa£ said: ok
    I bet that’s a bit awkward mate if you stand there with the dog lead and call out ‘walkies’ to the wrong name 😁.
    Or if the dog is humping your leg and tell the wrong name to stop doing it!!
  • edited January 2021