Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Crisps (and similar snacks)

Comments

• iaitch said:
    Bought a six pack of Wagon Wheels for £1 this week in Sainsburys.

They're not as big as they used to be. 
    They’re not bigger than any of us. 
  • Bombay Mix....... eaten with a spoon because I’m a classy muver!
  • Tom1982 said:
    Bombay Mix....... eaten with a spoon because I’m a classy muver!
    Shurley Mumbai Mix!
  • The chemicals in Doritos make them pretty addictive - easy to polish off a large bag.
  • Carter said:
    Wagon wheels have no place on a savoury snack thread and whilst i respect your nostalgic foray into the confectionary aisle wagon wheels should not feature in the same thread as some of the snack wonders already here

Blimey, sorry for living!;)
  • The Worcestershire sauce ones were nice
  • Had to make an emergency run to majestic tonight due to a lack of sauce and picked up a bag of Torres while I was there. Never heard of them before but the iberico ham flavour were fookin marvellous!

Also, just seen an advert for KFC flavoured walkers. Very interested in them. Anybody had any? Any good? Has James 86 eaten all the UK stock?
  • Boom said:
    Had to make an emergency run to majestic tonight due to a lack of sauce and picked up a bag of Torres while I was there. Never heard of them before but the iberico ham flavour were fookin marvellous!

Also, just seen an advert for KFC flavoured walkers. Very interested in them. Anybody had any? Any good? Has James 86 eaten all the UK stock?
    Bought some today weirdly but haven't tried them yet!
  • Open them!
  • Sponsored links:

• @Boom Polished a bag off last night after dinner. Can’t say I was a fan really. Very peppery in my opinion. 
  • Boom said:
    Had to make an emergency run to majestic tonight due to a lack of sauce and picked up a bag of Torres while I was there. Never heard of them before but the iberico ham flavour were fookin marvellous!

Plenty of stock in Tesco by Sidcup Station if you're still looking. 
  • James86 said:
    @Boom Polished a bag off last night after dinner. Can’t say I was a fan really. Very peppery in my opinion. 
    Crisps for pudding!

• James86 said:
    @Boom Polished a bag off last night after dinner. Can’t say I was a fan really. Very peppery in my opinion. 
    The crisps guru has spoken!
  • Boom said:

Just had them, bit overly seasoned & salty I thought, wouldn't rush back.
  • edited February 2021
    My new working from home thing is smashing through a sharing bag of crisps to myself most afternoons.

I reckon I have done so many bags of Onion Rings the last 12 months my fingers are permanently stained orange .... not to mention my keyboard.
  • Anyone else got the Snack Surprise ad appearing now?
  • IdleHans said:
    Anyone else got the Snack Surprise ad appearing now?
    I'm still on leased Range Rovers...
  • Boom said:

Picked up a multipack of KFC crisps this week. They are a nice spicy chicken flavour but I can't say that they tasted like KFC though. Currently £1 for six in Tesco if you have a Clubcard. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Wilma said:
    Boom said:

Picked up a multipack of KFC crisps this week. They are a nice spicy chicken flavour but I can't say that they tasted like KFC though. Currently £1 for six in Tesco if you have a Clubcard. 
    got through 3 bags of these in last 2 days. Agree i don't see any real KFC angle, just a nice strong chicken flavour. Love em, gone down lovely with a beer!
  • edited March 2021
    I wasn’t overly impressed by them but the Zinger ones did pack some heat. Best crisps to enjoy with a beer have got to be the Wasabi flavoured Walkers Max Strong. A stunning crisp.

Edit: Just looked online and they’ve been discontinued. A sad day.
  • Golden wonder cheese and onion.

Miss savoury vinegar by Smith's.
    Wow.  Never thought anyone else would ever mention the,m. For me the best bag there has ever been. Smiths Savoury Vinegar. 3 and a half p a bag.  I’m welling up here

Loved 70s crisps - savoury vinegar, sausage & tomato and my absolute favourite from the era, cheddar cheese crisps (think they might have been savoury cheddar?). Also loved bacon wotsits and beef wotsits in the early 90s.
  • Just had a curry but now severely tempted to get involved with a family bag of salt and vinegar kettles!
  • Boom said:

Torres black truffle crisps are excellent. 
  • Yep they’re the business. Just had a bag of truffle and sea salt Tyrells. Decent but not all that.
  • Pringles have a new.Pulled Pork Burger flavour which sounds crap, but they taste like Rib n Saucy Nik Naks.

Very good.
  • Salt & Vinegar Disco`s 
    Salt & Vinegar Smiths Square Crisp 

These are also flipping nice

• Doritos are my snack of choice at present - very addictive.
  • The new McCoy's fire pit range are good. My favourite is smoked chorizo flavour.