Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

European Super League - clubs withdrawing p42 onwards.

Comments

• Options
    LoOkOuT said:
    Chunes said:
    Chunes said:
    So tired of this argument. "Oh well sky and the premier league was about greed and they're rich so why complain about this kind of greed now." Errr.. Because they are seeking to permanently close the doors on competition and completely undermine everything everyone in English football competes for, thus rendering our own leagues and competitions void and feckless?

"Oh well Gary Neville you made money through greed in football and now you're piping up about this, what a hypocrite." The guy got his market worth, what was he supposed to do? And what has that got to do with clubs closing off competition, and ruining football, permanently? Was he supposed to put out a statement in 1999 warning us all 'this will come to a head,' like some right-back Nostradamus? Fck me.
    I don’t think that’s the point he was making. This was also recorded months ago before we knew the full details of the breakaway. 

I think he’s highlighting that both sides of the aisle are corrupt and greedy. Sky, BT, Premier League, UEFA, FIFA will all try and position themselves as if they care about the integrity of the sport, when in reality they only care about losing power and influence. All of these institutions have immeasurably impacted football negatively. 

Both sides only care about money and power, whereas there’s only one side who’s being up front about it. Either way it’s ultimately the football fan who suffers.
    I understand the nuance in the difference you've pointed out, but fundamentally it's the same argument. 'Don't complain about A being greedy when B, C, D and E are greedy, too. Even when A is actively seeking to ruin football.' It's nonsensical. 
    Respectfully, I read it the way Elliot did. And that's "Complain about A and complain about B, C, D and E too. Complain until football prioritises clubs and supporters.
    I would say that very few, I would say none but someone would find one example, owners actually care about the supporters.  In the proper sense.

Regardless of what they say.  The ones that do are actually saying "the more money you spend the less I have to".   Giving the the fans memories, a team to be proud, a great day out etc is just speal for "spend more money on tickets, merchandise, streams, food and drink etc". 

I used this example on another thread but clubs "like Charlton" are in the live event business.  Clubs like the "dirty dozen" are content providers.  How you provide an environment where they can compete on, anywhere approaching, an equal footing is probably impossible. 
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    Chunes said:
    So tired of this argument. "Oh well sky and the premier league was about greed and they're rich so why complain about this kind of greed now." Errr.. Because they are seeking to permanently close the doors on competition and completely undermine everything everyone in English football competes for, thus rendering our own leagues and competitions void and feckless?

"Oh well Gary Neville you made money through greed in football and now you're piping up about this, what a hypocrite." The guy got his market worth, what was he supposed to do? And what has that got to do with clubs closing off competition, and ruining football, permanently? Was he supposed to put out a statement in 1999 warning us all 'this will come to a head,' like some right-back Nostradamus? Fck me.
    I don’t think that’s the point he was making. This was also recorded months ago before we knew the full details of the breakaway. 

I think he’s highlighting that both sides of the aisle are corrupt and greedy. Sky, BT, Premier League, UEFA, FIFA will all try and position themselves as if they care about the integrity of the sport, when in reality they only care about losing power and influence. All of these institutions have immeasurably impacted football negatively. 

Both sides only care about money and power, whereas there’s only one side who’s being up front about it. Either way it’s ultimately the football fan who suffers.
    I understand the nuance in the difference you've pointed out, but fundamentally it's the same argument. 'Don't complain about A being greedy when B, C, D and E are greedy, too. Even when A is actively seeking to ruin football.' It's nonsensical. 
    I don’t think it’s a case of don’t complain about A because of B, C and D are bad too. I think he’s saying complain about all of them, they’ve all got blood on their hands. 

Each and every entity has had a big part to play in the whole mess, it wouldn’t be appropriate if we didn’t condemn them all for this shit show. 
  • Options
    Great. So, once again, the Germans win... 😏
  • Options
    Chunes said:

Who the hell is this guy? What a fucking helmet. 
  • Options
    I know this will end up in the courts, but I assume the UEFA/FIFA argument is that football is organised around membership of football associations, and that all clubs and players must be registered in order to take part in competition.

Presumably, then, the membership organisations can expel/deregister any of those associated with the Super League and the creation of a Super League will surely reduce the argument that there is any kind of restraint of trade (of limited benefit outside the UK as a Common Law convention), as players can continue to ply their trade in their new League.

Whilst I'm absolutely in favour of casting the Super Leaguers and their minions out into the eternal darkness - because they'll have roughly the same relationship with sporting excellence and competition as WWE - I'd be in favour of footballing authorities allowing a reasonable amount of time for Academy/Youth players to transfer their registrations to clubs remaining in national leagues.  For the rest of them, if they don't stand against the proposal, I couldn't give a toss.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sky sports Monday Night Football is having a right go at this...if you got it it's worth watching. Jamie Carrsgher Is furious.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

Can tell he's got one of those posh rugby shirts on underneath 
  • Options
    Fantastic stuff from Neville on MNF
  • Options
    Sky sports Monday Night Football is having a right go at this...if you got it it's worth watching. Jamie Carrsgher Is furious.
    If Sky got the rights for the ESL, i wonder if he would refuse to commentate on the games?
  • Options

Don't trust football banter sites. They make up quotes and post it for likes. 

This was not said. 
  • Options
    If Sky got the rights for the ESL, i wonder if he would refuse to commentate on the games?
    I think he would step down completely. 

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    I think the real news here is Spurs being counted in “the big six”! Really??? What’s that based upon then? The egos of their fans? Can’t be the silverware they win..........

• Options
    Hate Steve Parish sometimes as he speaks so well
  • Options
    You can tell he's fuming, but he probably said about as much as he could without risking the sack. Clearly against it and knew nothing about it until yesterday.
    Klopp spoke very well, in an impossible situation for him really, especially with the lack of notice

The Munich job is free 
  • Options
    Fantastic stuff from Neville on MNF
    Carragher too.