Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post-match Thread: Accrington Stanley v Charlton Athletic| Sat 1 May 2021| 3pm

Comments

• Options
    Leuth said:
    Whoever is in charge of replays needs to be tortured 
    I think they should offer everyone a full refund.   We were crap and the only good thing we did, wasn't shown!
  • Options
    We have to start Chuks. Run him into the ground if we have to.
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    That was painful to watch

Minto and Curbs worrying about Pompey but we are 6 goals worse than Oxford there’s no way we will make that up if they win

We will finish 8th and frankly that’s where we probably should be 
    Oxford no longer matter to us

We have to win our final two games to go up, Portsmouth cant win their final game.

If we achieve our target, Oxford cant finish above us, if we dont achieve our target of two wins then we dont go into the Play-Offs as we wont go above Portsmouth.

Only other permutation is we draw one, win one game

In which case we need Portsmouth to lose their final game, and we'd need a swing of four goals in our favour to over come their Goal Difference - In that case we would need Oxford to lose else a draw would see their GD come into account, a win for Oxford would put them 6th.
  • Options
    Not pretty was it. Today was make or break. Not dynamic at all. Why Pratley for Morgan or Shinnie I don't know. Never felt so ambivalent about such a late leveller. Another season in League 1. 
  • Options
    To be fair, I thought Famewo played very well today. Such a shame that an otherwise faultless performance was spoiled by his mistake which led to the Accrington goal.
  • Options
    Got dragged into their hoof ball game and they're better at it than we are. 
    Sorry but we aren’t good enough to be dragged into shit football, because we have already been doing that.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Pub football at its worst!

• Options
    Delaying the inevitable 
  • Options
    We are painful to watch. Hopefully Adkins clears these poor excuses for footballers out and gets players in that are fit to wear the shirt. 
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    That was a shocker. 

I have been banging on about Chuks and said  forget the cotton wool and play him from the start today because we had to win because Pompey or Oxford were always going to win today. We didn't.

That was a shocker.

When I said we would finish 7th this season I didn't realize that I was being over optimistic.

That was a shocker.

The state of play is we struggled against Crewe and Accrington who are mid to lower mid table teams at a time when we needed to be on it from first minute to last. 

The 6-0 at Plymouth was the freak result and we are a League 1 club for another Season.

That  was park football but with less skill.
    Accrington despite being bang average  deserved to win and were done by the added time rule like we were against Crewe.

That was a shocker and as bad as the director who decided to show a replay as we were about to take a free kick.
  • Options
    Both sides dire, we looked like frightened rabbits with no ambition or real organisation, fortunate desperation football got us a point. Horrible game, but it doesn't take a rocket scientist to work out it's not just those 90 minutes that have left us where we are 
  • Options
    We won't win Tuesday and Saturday so season over. Get rid Gunter, Watson, Pratley, Pearce...Also don't need Stockley, Maatsen and Millar. Don't understand not playing Shinnie. No bottle in this side and another season in this shit league playing in shit stadiums with shit referees. I think Welling is a better stadium than today's. Oh joy. 
  • Options
    Oxford got us by a 5 goal swing on goal difference and have Burton last game of the season... it is all but season over. We need to go for the jugular on Tuesday, a win by any less than  4 goals (which won't happen) it is season over. Can only hope Lincoln play the under 11s to keep people fresh for playoffs
  • Options
    Will be so pleased to wave goodbye and send a solid 🖕🏻to most of these brainless a*seh*les. 

Gunter showed Pritchard square on and 2-3 yards off - absolutely embarrassing for an ‘experienced’ defender. Matthews back in PLEASE, not that it really matters now we have royally fcuked ourselves.
  • Options
    I know what’s going to happen. Having struggled at home all season, we’ll tonk Lincoln and Hull but Pompey will win against Accrington so that we miss out.
    Even if we did win both (ha,ha) I can see Accy getting a point at Pompey but Oxford will beat Burton anyway.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We need a team to match the quality of the VP studio experience, rather than the broadcast camerawork. Inniss, Matthews, JFC, Gilbey, Washington, Morgan, Purrington I'd keep for the squad, Famewo if we could get him back, Chuks if he would stay, but I think we're looking at needing 10 quality additions to the squad. Not easy.
  • Options
    That was painful to watch

Minto and Curbs worrying about Pompey but we are 6 goals worse than Oxford there’s no way we will make that up if they win

We will finish 8th and frankly that’s where we probably should be 
    What are the lottery numbers please?
  • Options
    Part of me just wants us put out of our misery in midweek so we can start rebuilding for next season.

I'd honestly only keep about 6-7 of this squad and think we need at least 15 new players.
  • Options
    Sunday league standard, players, manager, even the ref. Some very poor defending for the goal, once again!

Crying out for a quality midfielder as we have been all season.

sad end to a sad season.

• Options
    Shite. 
  • Options
    Play offs is now out of our hands as Portsmouth surge on and have a team of players who want championship football next season!!
    But I suppose when you have a team with so many loans whats it matter to them as there be back at there parent club
    So at the end we can look back at our wasted chances but today summed us up as to were we are realy at?
  • Options
    Awful game....worst this season. No cohesion & all hit & hope. Nothing else to say apart from this season is over.  Both Pompey & Oxford won from being behind.....Golfie's happen every week but we can only do it once in over 70 games.

I said weeks ago we'd need 75 points & that we would finish between 8th & 10th. 
  • Options
    Not good enough by a country mile.
    I just hope we can totally rebuild this utterly shite squad in the summer. 
    I could count on the fingers of one hand how many players in this squad I would keep.
    Bunch of wankers most of them.
    I know you were Anti Bowyer, and disagreed with you on that. However, I'm in 100% Agreement with you on our players. Personally I think Shinne is one of our best players, not sure why he doesn't get more minutes.