Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Is anyone else not fussed about Wales's progress in the Euros?

Come on Turkey!
Send that bunch of arseholes packing for holidays to Iceland, the country they seem to hold so dear to their hearts. If they dislike England so much maybe they should register their teams in The League of Wales.

Comments

• I’ll be supporting Wales, despite having no connection to the place. I don’t care whether they hate us or not. 
  • An Englishman saying come on Turkey. Mmmm.....
  • Wales are the big hopes for me. We've got a 'combined teams goals scored' competition at work. I drew Wales, Macedonia and Austria. My half decent team in the draw was Italy, who I worry could break into a fit of catenacio at any moment. As a raging optimist, I'd have to say it's not looking good.
  • I hope they do really well. My welsh family, my mum’s side, could never understand me supporting England in national sporting events.
  • I would support any UK team over other opposition. 

• I have Welsh ancestry so I'll wish them well.
  • I have Welsh ancestry so I'll wish them well.
    Yep - same - Grandmother was Welsh - I bear them no ill will
  • Sponsored links:

• edited June 2021
    I am supporting them. My Great Grandmother was Welsh.

I have always been fascinated by their squads. They seem to produce some world class players and supplement their squads with L1 plodders. It made me laugh when Bale got subbed for Simon Church or going back further when Andy Jones was the reserve striker for Hughes and Rush.

I don't think Chris Gunter is as bad as some on here state. He lost form when shoehorned into being an emergency centre-back imho. Having said that it is a mystery how he got 101 caps and Adam Matthews only has 14. Given that they have both played in the same era I can't see how Chris is 87 caps better. I also can't understand how Morgan Fox and Rhoys Wiggins never got capped and the teenage Cardiff left back Declan John was preferred. 
  • If it was England playing the Turks, the sheep shaggers would want Turkey to win . I'm not fussed either way .

• Richard J said:

I have always been fascinated by their squads. They seem to produce some world class players and supplement their squads with L1 plodders. It made me laugh when Bale got subbed for Simon Church or going back further when Andy Jones was the reserve striker for Hughes and Rush.

I don't think Chris Gunter is as bad as some on here state. He lost form when shoehorned into being an emergency centre-back imho. Having said that it is a mystery how he got 101 caps and Adam Matthews only has 14. Given that they have both played in the same era I can't see how Chris is 87 caps better. I also can't understand how Morgan Fox and Rhoys Wiggins nevet got capped and the teenage Cardiff left back Declan John was preferred. 
    I don't think playing CB is that alien to Gunter now, as long as it's as part of a 3. A few right backs have played as the right CB in a back 3 recently, Kyle Walker in the last WC, Azpilicueta for Chelsea and indeed Gunter recently for Wales, especially as modern full backs are expected to be pacey and attack minded
  • edited June 2021
    Turkey vs Wales... blimey there is no positive outcome there, so draw hopefully. Supporting Wales/Scotland is akin to supporting Millwall/Palace for me - unthinkable. But Turkey is Turkey, like Celtic are Celtic for example. Tricky stuff.
  • St George was a Turkish immigrant (by today's standards). Therefore it stands to reason that any true Englishman would support Turkey over the daffodil botherers  :)
    An immigrant to where ?
  • I don't really give two hoots
  • Richard J said:

I don't think Chris Gunter is as bad as some on here state. He lost form when shoehorned into being an emergency centre-back imho. Having said that it is a mystery how he got 101 caps and Adam Matthews only has 14. Given that they have both played in the same era I can't see how Chris is 87 caps better. I also can't understand how Morgan Fox and Rhoys Wiggins nevet got capped and the teenage Cardiff left back Declan John was preferred. 
    I don't think playing CB is that alien to Gunter now, as long as it's as part of a 3. A few right backs have played as the right CB in a back 3 recently, Kyle Walker in the last WC, Azpilicueta for Chelsea and indeed Gunter recently for Wales, especially as modern full backs are expected to be pacey and attack minded
    I was thinking about when he partnered Pratley in a conventional partnership. His reputation amongst the Addckted never really recovered. 
  • St George was a Turkish immigrant (by today's standards). Therefore it stands to reason that any true Englishman would support Turkey over the daffodil botherers  :)
    An immigrant to where ?
    Wherever he emigrated to  ;)
    An immigrant to where ?
    You saw through my question there 😡

Of course we are not the only nation who venerate St George - there are loads of others - given the treatment of England fans and English club fans when attending matches in Turkey, I am all for a Wales win
  • Sponsored links:

An immigrant to where ?

Of course we are not the only nation who venerate St George - there are loads of others - given the treatment of England fans and English club fans when attending matches in Turkey, I am all for a Wales win
    I like kebabs, love Socuk and most Turkish food.

I also like rarebit, but like kebabs more.

Maybe I put too much weight on the religious blah-blah and should have just gone with the kebab and rarebit comparison. Reckon more would be with me by now if I had  :)
  • I have no Welsh family connections and I love holidaying in Turkey, so my preference is:

An immigrant to where ?

Maybe I put too much weight on the religious blah-blah and should have just gone with the kebab and rarebit comparison. Reckon more would be with me by now if I had  :)
    We have been here before on food related chat (remember our pie and mash spat ?)

Socuk I can just about accept, but kebabs - come on - disgusting 🤮
    An immigrant to where ?

We have been here before on food related chat (remember our pie and mash spat ?)

Ah, I'm not talking about doner kebabs and the cack we get here.

If you're not familiar with proper Turkish kebabs then try and sample a Cag kebab, Testi kebab or any of those listed here:

https://goturkiye.com/blog/list-of-the-types-of-turkish-kebabs

On the subject of Socuk, absolutely stupendous with fried eggs and cheese, in a toasted roll/sub.
    An immigrant to where ?

Apart from the doner variety how can kebabs be disgusting? Grilled meat, salad and pitta bread with a bit of sauce ..
  • My husband is Welsh, my best friend is Welsh.

No brainer, c’mon Turkey 😜😜😜

Seriously I’m right behind them (unless they’re playing England obvs) & will be joining in with the anthem 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
    An immigrant to where ?

If you're not familiar with proper Turkish kebabs then try and sample a Cag kebab, Testi kebab or any of those listed here:

On the subject of Socuk, absolutely stupendous with fried eggs and cheese, in a toasted roll/sub.
    Ok - I was talking about the filth you get here - how anyone can put that meat on the revolving thing in them is mad 

Never been to Turkey, so can’t comment on your list (apart from Socuk, which I have had over here at a friends house)

If you can recommend a decent UK Turkish restaurant, I will give it a go
    An immigrant to where ?

Ok - I was talking about the filth you get here - how anyone can put that meat on the revolving thing in them is mad 

Never been to Turkey, so can’t comment on your list (apart from Socuk, which I have had over here at a friends house)

if you are in the city, you can do a lot worse than going to Haz.
  • Married to a Welsh lady, so happy to support Wales except when they play England. Vice versa for my wife. 
    An immigrant to where ?

Re doner, it depends on which shop you go to. Most buy their elephants foot from wholesalers and that's a no-no. Some, very few and far between, make up and layer their own with lamb shoulder. Hard to find those places these day, though.

Re Turkish retaurants, take your pick:

https://www.midpointrestaurant.co.uk/menu

http://www.lokkanta.co.uk/

https://www.timeout.com/london/restaurants/londons-best-turkish-restaurants