Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Jason Pearce - (p11 - retires and joins Academy as coach)

edited June 2022 in General Charlton
With a path into coaching 

Comments

• edited June 2021
    Good to see that one over the line, and should be a good pathway to coaching the youngsters, now let's see the others follow suit
  • That's cool. I hope "the announcement" this week might be new news, than dealing with existing players extensions (Aneke aside).
  • Good.
    I expect the other out of contract players will either sign or leave within the next few days and then we can get on with rebuilding the squad. 
  • Good news.
  • Fantastic news. I said that we should be looking to bring him into our coaching set up. Said the same of Pratley, but to be honest I am happier with it being Pearce. 
  • Yes, very good. I wouldn't want to rely on him all season, but he will be able to come in if and when needed and do a job at this level. We know that. Also, he is at the point where life beyond playing football has to be very much on his radar and the pathway to coaching and management is important. I'm sure young players at the club will benefit from his knowledge. Not just playing wise, but as an example as how to conduct themselves.
  • Sponsored links:

• Did more than enough in the last few months of the season to show he still has something to offer, I think him and Adkins can be realistic that he can't start every game but I have absolutely no problem with him being used as a backup or for the right games. Good to see the coaching option as well, seems a good lad so got to be happy for him.
  • good to have as back up so pleased he's signed on.
  • Roll on 18th September when we’ve just lost 2-0 away to Morecambe and Pearce has played 90 mins. 😜
  • With a path into coaching Stone Cold Stunners and DDTs

• Sorry but I can't share everybody's optimism here, he had the occasional good performance last year but mostly bad, think especially with our injury record he may play up to 30 times next season, and he isn't a top league 1 CB anymore.
    I don't think he has been renewed as one. He is back up who will be able to do a job if and when required.
  • Sponsored links:

• Nah in all seriousness, good bod to have round the squad. 
  • ButtleJR said:
    posted this at the same time as the announcement. Makes me think the earlier post was related? God knows but delighted the skipper is sticking around, perhaps encouraging that we are bringing in a centre back or two if he's accepting of the likelihood he won't be starting.  
    He's turning into Chris Eubank
    I did say that his previous post could have been seen as a positive, didn't I.
  • Good news.
  • Sorry but I can't share everybody's optimism here, he had the occasional good performance last year but mostly bad, think especially with our injury record he may play up to 30 times next season, and he isn't a top league 1 CB anymore.
    Let's start the moaning...
  • Good luck with the start of your coaching career, but I hope you don’t play many games for us next season.
  • I loves him.
    Happy Smudge 😎
  • Good news .. not the most subtle or reliable of defenders but Capn Jase always gives it 100% .. and will always be remembered for winning THAT header to set up Bauer's Wembley Winner
  • Good news. You need people like Pearce in the dressing room.
  • edited June 2021
    Sorry but I can't share everybody's optimism here, he had the occasional good performance last year but mostly bad, think especially with our injury record he may play up to 30 times next season, and he isn't a top league 1 CB anymore.
    I think it's a decent outcome for a good pro. Whilst I think he can do a job in certain games at league one level, I am glad the signal is that he won't be first choice.

If we assume we need 4 CBs for the first team squad and Barker isn't considered ready at this stage, then all we had was Inniss before Pearce re-signed. We still need to replace Famewo and Oshilaja. I think that is enough of a challenge for Gallen et al on top of all the other positions for which we need to sign new players, all of course within a budget.