Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Something nice happened today

As a counter-point to a recently-closed thread about shenanigans and fisticuffs in Greenwich, and as a reminder that nice things happen everywhere, but aren't reported on, I thought I would start a thread to post about trivial and surprisingly enjoyable things that might happen to each of us.  The world really is a good place.  

What nice thing happened to you today that you would like to share? 

Comments

• I had a day trip to Coal Drops Yard by Kings Cross and was mightily impressed by the design and calibre of nearly every offering. Lots of pleasant interactions and smiles.
  • My son said "Love you daddy" for the first time.
    Had you just told him the name of the rumoured winger?  ;)
    Just kidding mate, the first love you daddy from your kids is one of the highlights of life. Wonderful
  • Sponsored links:

• I finished making this table which considering I’ve not tried to make anything out of wood since I was twelve when I made a bird table I’m actually pretty chuffed at how it’s turned out.

Nice work AUN, well done mate.
  • Sponsored links:

• @Rufisonfire accidental 'lol' I presume ?
  • Chizz said:
    Today, I had an impromptu picnic in the park.  I went for a walk at lunchtime, but, as it was really warm, I nipped into a sandwich shop and bought a beautiful sun-blushed tomato and mozzarella panini and ate it in the park in the warm, windless, glorious summer sunshine.  
    Panino