Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Your username explained

Comments

• Mine is a homage to Maria Callas
  • I'm not sure why (in 2012 when I joined) I chose these two legends. I had seen them play, but not regularly as I only went to the occasional Charlton game as a child back then. Either way the name stuck and I have used it elsewhere, including for my Twitter account too!

In retrospect, I would have picked a name more associated with the Upton Park period as that was when I started going regularly, and is still a golden period for me (as indeed it was for Curbs!)
  • Thanks Sporadic.  Really appreciate that!  Great memory AFKA.  Thanks for bringing this thread back, even if it has cost me half the morning to read it!  Nothing from Fanny Fanackpan or Tel yet.  Would be interested in those among others.
    Thats easy, my names Dave...
  • I happened to be in France when i signed up on here, and hadn’t really thought about a username in advance. I had however been talking to an English speaking Frenchman the day before about Charlton, and in response to a question asking if we were the Red Devils, the Magpies or something else, I told him we were the Addicks, after which he said my username, which i found funny. 

I have no real connection to France, and probably wouldn’t have chosen it any other day
  • My names Barry and I sit in the upper West.
  • Sponsored links:

• LoOkOuT said:
    I think there’s been some expert whooshing at play here!
    Indeed but that it was his username when he was a Millwall fan is too embarrassing to admit
  • Dunno why... I'm rubbish at making up Usernames
  • edited September 2021
    I picked an ex Charlton player that I look the total opposite from. 
  • I'm partial to a certain type of trainer. I'm thankfully no longer buying 4 pairs a month though.
  • I've used mine for ages, since the early days of the internet. It means black frog in Spanish. Why? It's kind of lost in a bit of a haze, but I like frogs and there was a bit of humour (possibly inspired by Black Adder) about giving myself a fearsome internet name based on a creature that's not particularly fearsome. 
    It's stuck. I've no reason to change it, though there are others using the same name out there so not all are me. 
  • Many moons ago C&A (remember that shop) had a menswear advert for 'Man at C&A'. 
    My taste in clothing was more towards Milletts.
  • Boring I'm afraid I live in Hastings....Though I'm originally from Greenhithe.
  • The one I’m most interested is iainment because I find it irritating in that it’s not a word that means anything and secondly how do you pronounce it?
  • I'm partial to a certain type of trainer. I'm thankfully no longer buying 4 pairs a month though.
    Your old man is now in bother with this @BR7_addick :D
  • Sponsored links:

• I was young and struggling for a username, and was a fan of WWE so I took it from this t shirt

https://extremewrestlingshirts.com/products/undertaker-big-evil-red-devil-head-mens-black-t-shirt

Looking back I don't know why. Kane was my favourite wrestler not the undertaker! 
    Your old man is now in bother with this @BR7_addick :D
    Yeah him and his brother in competition, when sibling rivalry meets midlife crisis.
  • The one I’m most interested is iainment because I find it irritating in that it’s not a word that means anything and secondly how do you pronounce it?
    Always assumed his first name was "Iain" and his second name "Ment"..
  • A Sporadic visitor to The Valley - I normally go to two or three games a season.

However, I am thinking of changing my name to Lucky.

I last saw us lose on 17th May 2010. My kids have never seen us lose (albeit only 6 games). Genuinely true...
  • Maybe its... Iain (I) ment (to add more but accidentally hit submit)?

• You're from BR7, your name is Adam and you like dick?
  • Mine is pretty obvious as I used to sit in the East Stand, however Alan bloody Curbishley has messed this right up.

Have a good day 

alancurbishleymike
    @JamesSeed had the same issue but went with the new name...
  • edited September 2021
    Erm, I can’t remember.

go on, fill yer boots.