Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton fans in strange places….

BDLBDL
edited November 2021 in General Charlton
Not sure if there is already a thread but this stems from a conversation with @PeteF this morning.

His son, Dan, always moaned that people would stop and chat to Pete at games. They were in Berlin at a Hertha match, Pete was rather drunk, that in itself is not unusual but someone came up to him and said your Pete Finch from Charlton…. Dan was most displeased but fame stalked Finch to the Olympic Stadium. Apparently he signed her programme and had a selfie, so we need to verify this and make sure it’s not part of his drunken imagination. Anyone have a clue as to who met him in Berlin and, of course, the selfie??

EDIT - Probably should have said anyone else met fellow Addicks in weird places? Tesco's in Bournemouth for me, got recognised by someone who I think still posts on here...

Comments

• I’ve seen Hertha play a few times in Berlin, but I’m pretty sure it wasn’t me. I struggle to recognise which are my kids when picking them up from school
    I was several beers in when it happened.... love going to the games there.
  • I’ve seen Hertha play and I’ve seen so many fans pissed at a game, but they are happy pissed and good natured, not like most fans over here who look for trouble, different culture.
  • Gert Hoffensplatter of Friedrichshain?
  • Here are a couple of fun short stories to read about a Charlton fan in strange places;

https://www.wattpad.com/user/DavidTarget
  • Sure who wouldn’t want a selfie with Peteybooze?
    But she didn’t get picked up & spun around did she? 😘😘🤣🤣

You're just jealous Dave 🤣🤣
  • I saw a bloke wearing a coat with a Charlton badge in the auction footage on Homes Under the Hammer yesterday if that counts?  :D
  • Went to the Sheff Utd v Udders play off final and got recognised by a few of the stewards
  • Sponsored links:

• I bumped into a charlton fan in Cairns, Australia of all places randomly when we were in the premier league. 

Even more randomly, he supported charlton despite living in birmingham, because he liked watching us on tv
  • Sure who wouldn’t want a selfie with Peteybooze?
    But she didn’t get picked up & spun around did she? 😘😘🤣🤣

You're just jealous Dave 🤣🤣
    Well we had just won at Wembley, but more importantly I had not seen you in ages!!!
  • edited November 2021
    About 30 years ago now, back when a teenager, we went on holiday to Menorca for a week, Wendy Perfect and her family were staying in the same hotel for the same week
  • Went to see the seals at Horsey, North Norfolk a few days back... along the dunes spotted a bloke in addick-wear with a pair of binoculars 
  • Slight tangent. Was on holiday in the Cayman Islands about 15 years ago and spent an afternoon (whilst on a boat trip) with Clive Mendonca's cousin (Canadian fella). We had a few beers and taught him the 'super Clive song' 😀.
  • I met a Charlton fan at the reach climbing wall. He had a Charlton cap on. And said he never posts on CL!
  • @RedChaser introducing himself to me in the toilets at Bolton for our 2-1 win.
    Very sussy geezer.
  • Sponsored links:

• Went to see the seals at Horsey, North Norfolk a few days back... along the dunes spotted a bloke in addick-wear with a pair of binoculars 
    No doubt looking for Bailey’s penno.
  • About 30 years ago now, but as a teenager we went on holiday to Menorca for a week, Wendy Perfect and her family were staying in the same hotel for the same week
    So, a near perfect holiday?
    Very clever.
  • I’ve seen Hertha play a few times in Berlin, but I’m pretty sure it wasn’t me. I struggle to recognise which are my kids when picking them up from school
    I was several beers in when it happened.... love going to the games there.
    Me too, there can’t be a more historically significant venue to watch a football match anywhere in the world and at the times I have been the atmosphere has been cracking
  • Was in Valencia doing a tour of the stadium and it turned out another Charlton fan was on it - his season ticket was a few rows behind mine. 
  • @RedChaser introducing himself to me in the toilets at Bolton for our 2-1 win.
    Very sussy geezer.
    Is there nothing you won’t do for a free beer?
    Very sussy geezer.
    And I thought that was beer froth on his lips  ;)
  • edited November 2021
    @RedChaser introducing himself to me in the toilets at Bolton for our 2-1 win.
    Very sussy geezer.
    Actually we spoke the week before at Walsall in the Saddlers club when you was up at the bar (yes it’s true folks) having some bants with the owner of the site who shall not be mentioned for banning you. I’m not sure if you was looking for back up but I didn’t wait to find out 😉
    Very sussy geezer.
    Just to clarify it was at the washbasins when I tapped him on the shoulder and startled him whilst he was leaving his calling card, thinking I was security and caught in the act 😆