Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Are We Getting Relegated?

Comments

• Options
    There’s an argument to say that we shouldn’t sign anyone in the winter transfer window . We wont make the playoffs so we might as well save the money for the summer . 
  • Options
    There’s an argument to say that we shouldn’t sign anyone in the winter transfer window . We wont make the playoffs so we might as well save the money for the summer . 
    See you in League Two then. 
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    No we’ll be fine. A season of 10th to 16th beckons.
    Still pretty shit though innit ? 

Agreed. It's not because we're better than the teams down the bottom, it's because those teams are worse. If you catch what I'm saying.

Airman summed it up well in another post in another thread. Half this league isn't 'competitive' and barring an absolute calamity we will finish clear of at least five or six teams almost by default.
    Can't see there are 5 worse teams than us at present. We're getting stuffed by Crewe...

According to the league table, there are 10 teams worse than us, including Crewe. One match & one loss means nothing over the course of a season. Arsenal lost to Forest at the weekend. Newcastle lost to Cambridge.
  • Options
    relegation looking likely still. if we had got 15pts from the first 13 games instead of 9 we would be more certain of surviving with this squad, but now it is 50:50 that we might be relegated.
  • Options
    We won’t go down, there won’t be much joy for the rest of the season however 
  • Options

Agreed. It's not because we're better than the teams down the bottom, it's because those teams are worse. If you catch what I'm saying.

Airman summed it up well in another post in another thread. Half this league isn't 'competitive' and barring an absolute calamity we will finish clear of at least five or six teams almost by default.
    Can't see there are 5 worse teams than us at present. We're getting stuffed by Crewe...

According to the league table, there are 10 teams worse than us, including Crewe. One match & one loss means nothing over the course of a season. Arsenal lost to Forest at the weekend. Newcastle lost to Cambridge.
    What's our recent run of form?

• Options
    Definitely on the fringes of a relegation battle if we lose tonight. We should have enough to be ok but we need to put an end to this bad run quickly.
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    msomerton said:
    relegation looking likely still. if we had got 15pts from the first 13 games instead of 9 we would be more certain of surviving with this squad, but now it is 50:50 that we might be relegated.

You can get 50/1 on Charlton to be relegated with Betfred. Lump on.

Even I'm tempted at the price, and I don't think it'll happen.
  • Options
    msomerton said:

You can get 50/1 on Charlton to be relegated with Betfred. Lump on.

Even I'm tempted at the price, and I don't think it'll happen.
    Tempting. Don't think we'll be relegated but doesn't seem impossible.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Im not totally convinced of that. Crewe have been bloody awful all season yet saw us off easily enough.
  • Options
    I made that argument but feck me we had better get 11 players in. What we have are bloody useless. 
  • Options
    We won't go down but we'll finish mid table which is what this squad is 
  • Options
    well this game and the previous two have put a serve dent in Jacksons performance related contract.
  • Options

All of those 10 teams have a game in hand on us, Wimbledon have 2. It wont stay at 10 beneath us for long if we continue to play like this and not score goals.
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    As illogical as it sounds, tonight's game is exactly why we won't get relegated.

Because we can play proper proper shite and still draw (if not for utter referee incompetence)

No matter how crap we are between now and May, we will get more points than Crewe.

There are half a dozen proper crap teams in this league. Being just a bit better than them is absolutely rock bottom for our club and we must be better.
  • Options
    I dont think we'l go down but we are in for a couple of squeaky bum time games towards the end of the season.

Will finish bottom half.
  • Options
    we are one of the rubbish teams remember.
  • Options
    Probably not but need to turn things round otherwise it will be a real prospect. 

What a shit season so far bar the jacko caretaker haitus.
  • Options
    I was hoping this thread was redundant 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Continue playing like we have just done against Crewe, then we are in for a relegation battle.
  • Options
    No, but I’d be interested to know if the arses of those who have lumped out large on us finishing Top Half are starting to flap a bit
  • Options
    We have lost the last 3 games. If that is not relegation form I don’t know what is. 
  • Options
    As illogical as it sounds, tonight's game is exactly why we won't get relegated.

Because we can play proper proper shite and still draw (if not for utter referee incompetence)

No matter how crap we are between now and May, we will get more points than Crewe.

There are half a dozen proper crap teams in this league. Being just a bit better than them is absolutely rock bottom for our club and we must be better.
    If the ref was not incompetent we would have lost 4-2 as he would have given them two pens.
  • Options
    Relegation never on the cards .. still only 14 points of play offs … was not long ago JJ was the saviour the same team and players had gone on a superb run of results …. let’s not forget
    Sunday  performance was excellent and one of best we have seen .. so was it just tiredness tonight should JJ have changed a few players , where was Kirk against his old side ? simple think JJ got it wrong tonight …  

• Options
    edited January 2022
    Relegation never on the cards .. still only 14 points of play offs … was not long ago JJ was the saviour the same team and players had gone on a superb run of results …. let’s not forget
    Sunday  performance was excellent and one of best we have seen .. so was it just tiredness tonight should JJ have changed a few players , where was Kirk against his old side ? simple think JJ got it wrong tonight …  

Just going to ignore the fact we're only 6 points off the relegation zone, with Morecombe having a game in hand?
  • Options
    I don't see us getting relegated, but I think we're more likely to achieve our lowest ever finish in the modern 3rd tier than reach the playoffs

14th in 73/74
    13th in 10/11
    13th in 16/17
  • Options
    Hmmm!
  • Options
    No, but I’d be interested to know if the arses of those who have lumped out large on us finishing Top Half are starting to flap a bit
    I cashed out my promotion and top 6 bets tonight.
  • Options

We really weren't that good against Norwich. I know the narrative is that we held our own against a premier league side, but Norwich were absolutely dreadful. We were wasteful with possession, and with our dead ball, and we never threatened til right at the death.