Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

England Cricket 2022

Comments

• Looks like Lawrence might be given an opportunity to stake a claim in the First Test side against the West Indies as this is the line up for their initial warm up game:

England (first XI expected to bat): Crawley, Lees, Root (c), Lawrence, Stokes, Bairstow, Foakes (wk), Woakes, Overton, Wood, Robinson, Leach

Subs: Fisher, Mahmood, Parkinson, Pope

• Leach over Parkinson? Ffs
  • Leuth said:
    Leach over Parkinson? Ffs
    They've named 12 in that starting line up too with six front line bowlers so clearly not a shoot out between the two of them
  • 20-0 after 10 overs. Bit of a difference in strike rates:

Lees 1* (30)
    Crawley 18* (31)
  • edited March 2022
    Bryan Charles has just come on to bowl. Now I know that his first name isn't spelt like that of Lara but this cannot be a coincidence. I also suspect that his middle names of Nigel and Lennox are due to his dad being a big fan of the former boxers Benn and Lewis respectively.
  • Farage and Annie surely 
  • Jason Roy has pulled out of the IPL due to not wanting to be away from his family for two months. He's just returned for the PSL and his second child was only born in January.
    A few of the players who've done overseas franchise cricket along with England bubbles seem to be struggling
  • Sponsored links:

• More of the same. Lees happy to watch Crawley the aggressor

54-0 off 22

Lees 10* (61)
    Crawley 42* (73)
  • Crawley reaches his 50. Lees continues to occupy the crease

65-0 off 27

Lees 11* (76)
    Crawley 52* (88)
  • Have you got your green pen ready for the highlights?
  • Lazy shot from Crawley and he is bowled by the off spinner Charles for 62 (106)

88-1 off 33.1

Lees 22* (96)
  • lovely place and environment to take it easy and watch a bit of cricket .. far away and out of mind, leave all your troubles behind
  • 141-1 off 51

Lees 46* (158)
    Root 27* (46)

• Lees reaches his 50

148-1 off 54

Lees 51* (169)
    Root 27* (55)
  • 153-1 at tea

Lees 54* (174)
    Root 29* (62)
  • Sponsored links:

• Just watched a few minutes of it. I don't know if my fat fingers pressed on something but I was getting subtitles coming up......which were hilarious & far better than watching the cricket. No idea who is doing the subtitles but they certainly aren't West Indian !!!
  • 208-3 off 74

Lees 65 (214)
    Crawley 62 (106)
    Root 56 (105)
    Lawrence 16* (19)
    Stokes 2* (7) 
  • 208-3 off 74

Lees 65 (214)
    Crawley 62 (106)
    Root 56 (105)
    Lawrence 16* (19)
    Stokes 2* (7) 
    Was Lees so much slower than Zak and Root because he was playing a careful, solid "anchor" innings, or did he just struggle to score?
  • 208-3 off 74

Lees 65 (214)
    Crawley 62 (106)
    Root 56 (105)
    Lawrence 16* (19)
    Stokes 2* (7) 
    Was Lees so much slower than Zak and Root because he was playing a careful, solid "anchor" innings, or did he just struggle to score?
    He was slow but clearly mindful that he couldn't afford a low score, not so much from the perspective that he might not make the Test team but more because he wanted to go in with a score behind him. It was a decent innings without actually telling us too much particularly as the opposition bowling attack wasn't threatening
  • edited March 2022
    Stokes out for 11 (29)

234-4

33* (51)

• 208-3 off 74

Lees 65 (214)
    Crawley 62 (106)
    Root 56 (105)
    Lawrence 16* (19)
    Stokes 2* (7) 
    He was slow but clearly mindful that he couldn't afford a low score, not so much from the perspective that he might not make the Test team but more because he wanted to go in with a score behind him. It was a decent innings without actually telling us too much particularly as the opposition bowling attack wasn't threatening
    That's the problem with leaving out Burns and Hameed and playing Lees here. Lees may score runs in the Windies, but we've no idea whether he'd be any better against say Australia, down under.
  • 251-4 at close

Lawrence 46* (74)
    Bairstow 4* (19)

• I had hoped the Broad/Anderson removal was going to be an opportunity to blood something more exciting and a team that might take wickets in all conditions .  As it it , 3 80 mile per hour seamers and a defensive spinner .  I’m excited.  
  • 298-5 off 74 - Lawrence caught at slip for 83

Lees 65 (214)
    Crawley 62 (106)
    Root 56 (105)
    Lawrence 83 (122)
    Stokes 11 (29) 
    Bairstow 14* (51)
  • Bairstow is a big, strong lad but he's definitely looking like his carrying a bit. Perhaps it was him (and not Robinson) who refused the skin-fold test prior to the Ashes and accused the management of wanting to "fat shame" him? Shouldn't be a major issue as long as he reaches the fitness levels required which is something that Robinson failed to do on the tour.