Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

England Cricket 2022

Comments

• Today I picked up 4 tickets for NZ at Lord's, day 2 Fri 3rd June.
    3 tickets for SA at Lord's, day 3 Fri 19th August.
    4 tickets for SA at The Oval, day 2 Fri 9th September.
    Just looking at Lord's, I can't believe how expensive the NZ tickets are

Yes it's Lord's, NZ are a good side, and it's the longer holiday for the Queen's 60th, but the prices are still extortionate for a JUNE Test match
    They need to pay for the new stands, plus they know they will sell out. 
    And Harrison's bonus
  • Leuth said:

https://www.espncricinfo.com/series/england-tour-of-west-indies-2021-22-1256716/west-indies-vs-england-1st-test-1256726/match-preview

West Indies have recalled opener John Campbell after a year out of the side, and are set to pick left-arm spinner Veerasammy Permaul in a home Test for the first time since 2015. Shai Hope and Roston Chase were dropped following defeat in Sri Lanka, meaning a reshaped middle order - Shamarh Brooks offers another batting option, though the temptation may be to target England's batting fragility with a five-man attack. Shannon Gabriel was not fit to be picked in the squad but has been training with West Indies in Antigua and could feature later in the series.

West Indies (possible) 1 Kraigg Brathwaite (capt), 2 John Campbell, 3 Nkrumah Bonner, 4 Kyle Mayers, 5 Jermaine Blackwood, 6 Jason Holder, 7 Joshua da Silva (wk), 8 Alzarri Joseph, 9 Kemar Roach, 10 Veerasammy Permaul, 11 Jayden Seales

England have named their 12-man squad already, with Robinson's absence notable following a back spasm in the warm-up. With Jack Leach a probable starter, Woakes already talked up as a new-ball shoo-in, and Wood sure to play if he is fully fit after undergoing blood tests last week, the final place looks like being a tussle between Overton and the uncapped Saqib Mahmood. Mahmood would be the bolder pick, but seeing as he was not in the warm-up frame until Wood's illness, Overton is the likelier man to get his chance, following a brace of appearances against India last summer.

England (probable) 1 Alex Lees, 2 Zak Crawley, 3 Joe Root (capt), 4 Dan Lawrence, 5 Ben Stokes, 6 Jonny Bairstow, 7 Ben Foakes (wk), 8 Chris Woakes, 9 Craig Overton, 10 Mark Wood, 11 Jack Leach

Absolutely rooting for West Indies to score 600-2 so we never do this again 
    This has to be the worst bowling attack of my life time , only redeemed by Mark Wood.  
  • Craig Overton ffs. You might as well have me opening the bowling.
  • England (probable) 1 Alex Lees, 2 Zak Crawley, 3 Joe Root (capt), 4 Dan Lawrence, 5 Ben Stokes, 6 Jonny Bairstow, 7 Ben Foakes (wk), 8 Chris Woakes, 9 Craig Overton, 10 Mark Wood, 11 Jack Leach

Goodness gracious me
  • Chris Woakes maybe opening the bowling....?  

I now know how the Aussies felt when Warne & MaGrath both retired on the same day. 
  • McBobbin said:
    England (probable) 1 Alex Lees, 2 Zak Crawley, 3 Joe Root (capt), 4 Dan Lawrence, 5 Ben Stokes, 6 Jonny Bairstow, 7 Ben Foakes (wk), 8 Chris Woakes, 9 Craig Overton, 10 Mark Wood, 11 Jack Leach

Goodness gracious me

Context though. Even that side shouldn't be losing to this West Indies team. The worry is going forward. We are in the process of ditching Anderson and Broad, Wood is 32, Woakes is 33, Robinson's fitness levels have already been questioned, Archer is constantly injured and probably lean towards picking up fat cheques for bowling four overs a game so we have to bring some up and coming fast bowlers through which is almost certainly the main reason for leaving Anderson and Broad at home - to blood some up and coming players.   
  • Today I picked up 4 tickets for NZ at Lord's, day 2 Fri 3rd June.
    3 tickets for SA at Lord's, day 3 Fri 19th August.
    4 tickets for SA at The Oval, day 2 Fri 9th September.
    Why did you drop them?
  • McBobbin said:
    England (probable) 1 Alex Lees, 2 Zak Crawley, 3 Joe Root (capt), 4 Dan Lawrence, 5 Ben Stokes, 6 Jonny Bairstow, 7 Ben Foakes (wk), 8 Chris Woakes, 9 Craig Overton, 10 Mark Wood, 11 Jack Leach

Goodness gracious me

Context though. Even that side shouldn't be losing to this West Indies team. The worry is going forward. We are in the process of ditching Anderson and Broad, Wood is 32, Woakes is 33, Robinson's fitness levels have already been questioned, Archer is constantly injured and probably lean towards picking up fat cheques for bowling four overs a game so we have to bring some up and coming fast bowlers through which is almost certainly the main reason for leaving Anderson and Broad at home - to blood some up and coming players.   
    So we pick Wood, Woakes and Overton? Bizarre decision IMO. Can't believe neither Mahmood or Fisher are playing. 
  • England win the toss and will bat. Team as suggested above.
  • Cut your poxy barnet Root , a fucking alice band , do me a favour ffs
  • Sponsored links:

• The best anthem!
  • McBobbin said:

Goodness gracious me

So we pick Wood, Woakes and Overton? Bizarre decision IMO. Can't believe neither Mahmood or Fisher are playing. 
    It's crazy.

If you're not picking them, you may as well have Anderson and/or Broad out there.
  • Plus Root clearly doesn't fancy Leach, but he plays anyway this time before inevitably being dropped again?  Pick Parkinson.
  • 12-1
    Lees lbw Roach 4
  • Some things don't change do they? One down and lost a review too. Let's hope Root can prevent the usual second wicket falling soon after.
  • Crawley c Da Silva b Seales 8
  • Some things don't change do they? One down and lost a review too. Let's hope Root can prevent the usual second wicket falling soon after.
    But then he can't prevent the wicket from going down at the other end. Yet again, that goes to show that it doesn't matter if Root at 3 or 4!!!
  • England Test cricket is so depressing at the moment.
  • Is this only on by sport? Is it on line anywhere?
  • Sponsored links:

• Is this only on by sport? Is it on line anywhere?
    I was about to ask the same question but looking at the score, I think I'll give it a miss.....
  • Root out!
  • Root b Roach 13
    27-3
  • 27 for 3
    And our batting looks stronger than our bowling on paper.
    😣
  • That was a brilliant piece of bowling. WI opening bowlers doing well but long way to go still.
  • Good job they left Broad & Anderson at home
  • 48-4

Lawrence c Blackwood b Holder 20
  • edited March 2022
    48-4

Lawrence 20 (38) c Blackwood b Holder
  • cafc999 said:
    Good job they left Broad & Anderson at home
    Yes, otherwise this will be over in two days. Instead, there will be plenty of batting