Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Club Shop RIP

Comments

• Options
    edited November 2022
    I received the same email…..absolute bollox, not a single item was Charlton related.
    What are these people on FFS, it’s a massive insult if you ask me.

• Options
    clive said:
    Thanks Clive 

So the club have signed a shit contract with a shit supplier that doesn't allow us to get out of it even when the other party fails to deliver. 

I can't believe anybody goes to the club shop or website to buy Charlton toot,  comes away buying a never heard of branded item instead.

How does this work for the club, the fans or Castore? It works for nobody surely?
    Before entering a contract it’s a good idea to do your due diligence into a company to see what other  clubs have had experiences with before signing on the dotted line. 
  • Options
    IdleHans said:
    Went into the Castore shop last night, I don't know why they are now selling Charlton badges, bottle openers and key rings.  What is that all about?!
    Hey - traitor - we are supposed to boycotting the Charlton Castore store !!

Joking aside - was it busy ?
    I am not joking, at 17.50 I was the ONLY one in there!  There was around 7 staff standing around picking their nose.
    Oh, was that you? I looked in the window at 17:48 and thought I'd leave going in until that weirdo had finished his shopping. 
    I saw him in there as well - I thought the club had starting selling Garden Gnomes again at first glance. 
  • Options
    I wonder if the club have sorted next seasons kit yet?

• Options
    clive said:
    Thanks Clive 

So the club have signed a shit contract with a shit supplier that doesn't allow us to get out of it even when the other party fails to deliver. 

I can't believe anybody goes to the club shop or website to buy Charlton toot,  comes away buying a never heard of branded item instead.

How does this work for the club, the fans or Castore? It works for nobody surely?
    Said several months ago that "we" signed a contract without checking the small print.

And despite the ongoing protests from RM /TS that we're trying REALLY hard to get the issue of stock turned around, the season will be done & dusted with a new kit on sale & with no positive outcome for the fans.

Talk is cheap, guys...
  • Options
    Winter is approaching and fans cannot buy a wooly hat or scarf to keep warm. Ridiculous.
  • Options
    clive said:
    Thanks Clive 

Said several months ago that "we" signed a contract without checking the small print.

And despite the ongoing protests from RM /TS that we're trying REALLY hard to get the issue of stock turned around, the season will be done & dusted with a new kit on sale & with no positive outcome for the fans.

Talk is cheap, guys...
    Well TS does everything else on the cheap, it’s a joke but sadly that’s where our club is under his ownership.
  • Options
    Winter is approaching and fans cannot buy a wooly hat or scarf to keep warm. Ridiculous.
    Pop across the road from the mausoleum and buy from the stall. Good quality merchandise too,
  • Options
    addick19 said:
    Pop across the road from the mausoleum and buy from the stall. Good quality merchandise too,
    Good shout, he's not a bad lad either.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    in fairness, I was in there during the week, there were a couple of woolly hats for sale, more Christmas themed if I remember correctly 
  • Options
    addick19 said:
    Good shout, he's not a bad lad either.
    Darren, top bloke, he donated a kit for the liberal club when we had a Sunday team 
  • Options
    Still not purchased a single shirt this season, also have a gift card from last Xmas that I'm yet to use. First time in 6-7 years the club have had no money from me. 
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    The boy is asking for a Charlton hat for Xmas too and I have nowhere ro buy one from online. Fully at the age where he should be becoming obsessed, his England kit arrived on Saturday and he slept in it. 
  • Options
    Trying to treble the revenue but not got the first clue on how to get the relatively simple stream of the club shop working!

Good luck Thomas.
  • Options
    Trying to treble the revenue but not got the first clue on how to get the relatively simple stream of the club shop working!

Good luck Thomas.
    I think it’s more likely working correctly…..it’s simply that the content/stock is absolute crap, i.e no CAFC content. 🫤
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    Go to the bloke opposite who has the stall for scarfs and hats
  • Options
    I’m off to get the back massager on special offer from the club superstore 
  • Options
    Go to the bloke opposite who has the stall for scarfs and hats
    That's fine if you're going to the ground on a match day, not much help for everyone else.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I went to Matlock v Marske yesterday, the junior supporters section has a greater selection than we have.
  • Options
    Thanks to whoever it was that alerted us to Charlton Castore gear being available more cheaply on other sites. I've just bought the below for £48 that is on our official site for £90. 
    It’s on our site for £30 more than RRP? 
  • Options
    Winter,?
    Some of us are still in shorts.
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    Thanks to whoever it was that alerted us to Charlton Castore gear being available more cheaply on other sites. I've just bought the below for £48 that is on our official site for £90. 
    Yep, and it looks to have sold out at that price too. 
  • Options

se9addick said:
    Yep, and it looks to have sold out at that price too. 
    That would be going straight back to club shop then…ask for price match or refund thanks,they are literally ripping us off 
  • Options
    Interesting to read that Elite Sports, which I think handled our Hummel deal and ran the shop until the switch to Castore, has gone into administration, impacting a number of clubs using Hummel. 
  • Options
    Southampton, Coventry and Millwall have all  temporary closed their shops and online sales due to Elite Sports going into administration.
  • Options

Elite Sports Group: Club shops close amid third-party firm uncertainty

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/63743048