Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Summer Transfer Rumours - Deadline Day p446

Comments

• Options
    wmcf123 said:
    Would this first 11 get promotion?

AMB

Egbo
    Edun - Free from Blackburn
    Hector
    Tafazolli - Free from Wycombe

Fraser
    Dobson
    Brannagan - £1m from Oxford

Smith - Free from Cambridge
    Stockton - Free from Morecambe
    CBT

I like the Alfie May / Mo Eisa & Aaron Collins options but think Stockton would fit 433 better & is a low risk gamble being out of contract (that would allow us to spend any transfer budget we have on a quality CM).
    Fraser and CBT look the weak links, for every good game you get from them they follow it up with 3,4,5 very average games 

To get promoted you need consistency 
    Also I’d love to know when we last spent a million on a player 
    I think it was Sarr, signed the year after Vetokele and Bauer joined earlier in the same summer.
  • Options
    Looking back on Roland's reign he spent a heck of a lot on players.
  • Options
    Our most recent player to be sold for over a million?

Bonne!
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Looking back on Roland's reign he spent a heck of a lot on players.
    Money on transfer fees and wages was never the problem for us with RD in the early years. It was how it was spent. If he had employed people to run the football operation properly and achieved some sort of remote consistency with the coaching team, we could have been something. But what actually happened is he wasted millions on largely incapable players with the odd exception (e.g. JBG), and that helped to drive him to resentment and total apathy which then led to funding starvation across the club and brought the house down.
  • Options
    edited May 2023

AMB

Egbo
    Hector

Fraser
    Dobson

CBT

I like the Alfie May / Mo Eisa & Aaron Collins options but think Stockton would fit 433 better & is a low risk gamble being out of contract (that would allow us to spend any transfer budget we have on a quality CM).
    Not a chance anyone gets Brannagan for £1m. Beyond that he's also extremely highly paid for this level and is on well above our highest earners. I don't see him leaving Oxford for a slightly less average (but usually more average) team, we won't be paying him what he's on now and he's more likely to get a Championship move.
    But also, to answer the question, aside from the fact it's Charlton so all these players will be crippled within minutes meaning that the depth of teh squad will be important, you've got a RB who spent most of the season injured, two CBs in their 30s, Tafazolli's recent record being two consecutive relegations from the Championship, L1 Play-Off failure and then 8th place in L1. Not screaming Championship mainstay. Edun and Smith would be good but I'd much rather see CBT as a squad player and Stockton had 4 goals by April before a late flurry at the end after he'd already contributed to getting his team relegated to L2. So no, don't see that line-up as getting promotion.
  • Options
    Just seen yet another  Wrexham link of a player they will never be signing. Nick Powell of Stoke reportedly currently earning just under 20K a week. Reynolds will have to make a load more bad movies before he is in that league.
  • Options
    Just seen yet another  Wrexham link of a player they will never be signing. Nick Powell of Stoke reportedly currently earning just under 20K a week. Reynolds will have to make a load more bad movies before he is in that league.
    He's been released though so isn't on £20k now.  
  • Options
    wmcf123 said:

AMB

Egbo
    Hector

Fraser
    Dobson

CBT

Fraser and CBT look the weak links, for every good game you get from them they follow it up with 3,4,5 very average games 

TS spent well over a million in his first 18 months on DJ, Kirk, Lavelle, Chuks etc
    That went well .  
  • Options
    He's been released though so isn't on £20k now.  
    Granted he will probably take a drop whenever he goes but still well out of their league. Wes Burns of promoted Ipswich was also linked . It’s laughable.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    wmcf123 said:
    wmcf123 said:

AMB

Egbo
    Hector

Fraser
    Dobson

CBT

TS spent well over a million in his first 18 months on DJ, Kirk, Lavelle, Chuks etc
    That went well .  He without doubt is an idiot but not sure we can blame him for those signings. We apparently had been chasing Kirk etc for a while and Chucks was welcomed back as the 2nd coming by slot of people who chose to ignore the fact that he is made of glass.

I think these signings are another example of if you dont have good people around you it's easy to be mugged off by the vultures
  • Options
    Just hope we have a squad capable of mid table L1 given we have lost JRS. Can't see us making many signings.
  • Options
    He sold his mobile business for hundreds of millions recently 
  • Options
    wmcf123 said:

AMB

Egbo
    Hector

Fraser
    Dobson

CBT

I remember when we spent £1.1 million on Izale Mcleod back in 2010. 

#NeverForget
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    wmcf123 said:

AMB

Egbo
    Hector

Fraser
    Dobson

CBT

I remember when we spent £1.1 million on Izale Mcleod back in 2010. 

#NeverForget
    2007!
  • Options
    Yeeesh. That makes it even worse.
  • Options
    LTKapal said:
    Latest reports show Reynolds own personal net wealth is 280 million . Small fry compared with the big boys.
  • Options
    Sure I read that a Wrexham game shown PPV in the US had over 90k subscribers.  So with promotion if a game gets shown with say 100k subscribers @$10 each, that's $1m.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Wasn't Mingi with us as a youngster?
  • Options
    Luke Plange on loan from CP is happening apparently 
  • Options
    Plange was meant to hapopen in January but, for some reason, didn't.  Pretty highly rated from what I hear but, like Jesurun , an unknown quantity
  • Options
    PWADDICK said:
    Portsmouth News report linking us to Jay Mingi 
    Left us under a bit of a cloud.  I'd be surprused
  • Options
    LTKapal said:
    Latest reports show Reynolds own personal net wealth is 280 million . Small fry compared with the big boys.
    How much are the rest of the league 2 owners worth? And the higher they go the more people will want a slice of the action, jump on the bandwagon and pump funds into them. They'll have the biggest budget in League next season, easily 
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    Luke Plange on loan from CP is happening apparently 
    Forward, 18 appearances, 0 goals.
    Must have shown something on loan at Lincoln for us to still be interested.

Are we sure he played up front for them?
  • Options
    Plange wasn't beinf played in his favoured role whilst in Belgium - I remember that much but not enough known about him at all sadly except he was very highly thought of when younger