Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Initial Supporters' Trust Meeting

AGENDA FOR INITIAL MEETING FOR A CHARLTON ATHLETIC SUPPORTERS’ TRUST

Time, date and venue

7.00 pm Tuesday 4th August 2009

Conservative Club
51 Charlton Church Lane
SE7 7AE

Purpose of Meeting

This is an initial meeting for Charlton fans to find out more about the concept of a Supporters’ Trust.

The representative from Supporters’ Direct has pointed out that this is normally, in the case of other trusts, 5 or 6 people discussing the idea in a pub. While interest at Charlton has already exceeded this he is still keen to follow a process which is open and inclusive to as many fans as possible.

Aims of the Meeting

To discuss with James Mathie, a representative from Supporters’ Direct, the stages of setting up a Trust.

To gauge if there is sufficient support for the setting up of a Trust and if so;

To start to plan the legal and other processes needed to set up a Trust.

To collect the names and contact details of any interested parties.

Agenda

1. Q & A with James Mathie - Supporters’ Direct (www.supporters-direct.org)
a. Legal structure of Trusts
b. Examples from other Trusts
c. Reasons for setting up a Trust and model aims

2. Next Steps
a. Setting up a Trust – What is involved?
b. Time scales and Stages
c. Constitution and model rules

3. Open discussion on possible aims of the Charlton Athletic Supporters’ Trust

4. Any other business and close

This is an open meeting and all fans are welcome to attend. We hope to publish notes from the meeting as soon as practical after the event. There will be other meetings and opportunities for fans to contribute and become involved if the Trust idea is taken forward.

Could anyone who posts on other sites/mailing lists etc please pass this on. Many thanks and look forward to seeing you on Tuesday.

Ben

Comments

• Posted on Babes.
  • I'll stick it on Into The Valley
  • Link is on Addickted.Net (The largest independent Charlton Fan's site in the world)....
  • Nice, forwarded to the 524 members of the Facebook group.
  • Has been emailed to all West Country Branch committee
  • [cite]Posted By: m2[/cite]Has been emailed to all West Country Branch committee

Thanks.

Is it on 606 and Your Views?
  • Had a chat with my older brother today.

"have you heard about this supporters' trust meeting?" he asked. LOL
  • [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Had a chat with my older brother today.

did you tell him that there were rumours of a takeover ?
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Had a chat with my older brother today.

did you tell him that there were rumours of a takeover ?

No, he's my brother so I trust him with all the inside info I have.
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: m2[/cite]Has been emailed to all West Country Branch committee[/quote]

Thanks.

Is it on 606 and Your Views?[/quote]

No, Newsnight, The Today Programme, Question Time and PMQ's
  • [cite]Posted By: m2[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: m2[/cite]Has been emailed to all West Country Branch committee

Thanks.

Is it on 606 and Your Views?

No, Newsnight, The Today Programme, Question Time and PMQ's

That will have to do m2 but can you try harder next time : - )
  • 10 out of 10
  • Just in case anyone missed this I'll give it a bump
  • And another
  • Any other ideas as to how we can publicise getting help for club requirements like upgrading OS and fixing Big Screen?

Understandably the club will be reticent to beg but, needs must!
  • Nothing on the God Channel as yet....
  • Haven't stopped play at Edgbaston yet to announce it...........
  • see you there henners
  • Sponsored links:

• Why is it so early now I thought it was going to be 8pm I now will not be able to make it.

Will there be away I can find out what is said?
  • I'm afraid it doesn't look as though I'm going to make it either ( stop clapping, Henry !! )

I have a family funeral that afternoon in Watford and it now seems unlikely I'll be able to get back in time.

Please be assured that I AM interested in the ST issue and look forward to hearing/reading all about the meeting as soon as it's possible.
  • wont be there tonight, but hope all goes well and the meeting sets us on the path to everything we, as fans, want our club to be.

well done to those setting up the meeting. you have brought the horse to water now lets hope it takes a generous drink.
  • I don't think I'll be able to make it, but am willing to help out in any way I can if need be.
    Paul.
  • [cite]Posted By: mad83[/cite]Why is it so early now I thought it was going to be 8pm I now will not be able to make it.

Will there be away I can find out what is said?

Always been 7.00pm. The Guy from Supporters' Direct has a fair old journey to make.

Suzi has very kindly agreed to do the minutes and they will be posted on various websites as soon as they are done.

Fanny, sorry to hear about the funeral. This is only the initial meeting and if the idea takes off there will be others. Supporters' Direct are very hot on making sure it is a very open and inclusive process.

See you there NLA and any others. Anyone I don't know please come up and say hello.

And remember even a journey of a 1000 miles starts with a single step
  • I was looking forward to attending tonight to witness the start of something positive about charlton....And then an email arrived saying that I've gotta go to Blackpool for 3 days and your train tickets and hotel have been booked leaving Euston at 13:30 on 4th August!

I hope there will be a full report on here tomorrow.

Solid
  • Good luck tonight I hope it goes well and we can get something started whatever the scale and role it eventually takes on. I shall be thinking about you all as I am hard at work.
  • Can't make it myself now due to travel commitments - look forward to reading the minutes as I will still try to get involved.
  • I'm not able to attend tonight either, but you all know my support of the trust concept.

Glynne
  • Just so this thread didnt become a list of non attendees I shall be there and got into work at 7 this morning so I'd be out on time to get there! check me out!