Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Hereford - Match Thread

Comments

• Options
    Don't know what everyone's problem is. We're still 5th.
  • Options
    AND AT LEAST WERE NOT IN A RELGATION FIGHT.COZ YOU CANT BE IN ONE UNTIL MARCH
  • Options
    Agree, Six. By giving McLeod & Gray a run out together tonight , we can only hope Parky has finally come to the same conclusion as we have - they're really not good enough . Better to try the partnership in the CC than in the league IMO. Burton is by far our best bet for me , but as others have said, will he score goals or just hold up the ball for A N Other ? It will be interesting to see who plays up front on Saturday and whether any "incoming" cash will be spent strengthening that role. Surely it's a must.

Guess the problem is finding ( and affording) such a gem....
  • Options
    let's face it we're in the league we're in cos the majority of our players aren't good enough for higher....
    our expectations are far too high and we must accept that we are now a shit side who has to be overjoyed with wins against wycombe in a real football league with real football teams ....pah..........
  • Options
    Part of the problem maybe the people finding the gem . . .
  • Options
    I was kind of expecting a draw, especially when I saw the (expected) team. Hope there's no overreaction to this, just look at the midfield, two youngsters, one making his debut, the very average Matt Spring and another debut Wade Small. Missed a penalty and hit the post, kept a clean sheet in normal time. We will be a lot different with our first choice team, especially with the first choice midfield.
  • Options
    as long as we go out as early as this in the painting competition trophy i'll be happy cos that is an embarrassment to be in .....
    oh correction , we should embrace this trophy cos it's where we are right now and we have to lower our expectations
  • Options
    No No oohaah, we need to concentrate on the zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Good Night!
  • Options
    good night one last thought
    [cite]Posted By: ThreadKiller[/cite]Don't know what everyone's problem is. We're still 5th.
  • Options
    oohaah are you ok, or shall we call in the fellas with the straight jackets?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Play Dicko on Saturday.
    Solved.
    Dicko will be our goalscorer. I can see it. :D
  • Options
    Ditto my last comment to Jake!
  • Options
    Hey foo' I ain't wearing no straight jacket :)
    Tell you what though.
    Saturday'll be fun :D
  • Options
    No sarcasm either.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Excuse my brother.

On a more serious note, relating to the game itself, I do find it a bit silly that people are getting this frustrated about the result. It'll all be forgotten soon eough when we play our proper team this coming weekend.
  • Options
    megalols.
  • Options
    Saw the goal on Sky semedo looked lazy in letting the player cross the ball!
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Andy Gray had missed a second half penalty for the visitors, seeing his spot-kick brilliantly saved by Adam Bartlett

huh, on the OS so must be true
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: seth plum[/cite]allez....respect to you for going, and thanks for your views, which are at odds with the commentators on the wireless (they said Solly was good), thank you for posting and have a safe journey.[/quote]

After having the drive home to talk and think about the game, perhaps I was being harsh on Solly. It was just that 90% of their attacks were down his side, and so obviously more of them got through. Their left winger is arguably their best player, but he's still not a great League 1 player, and so if we expect Solly to slip into the side when needed, on the basis of that performance I think he could be in trouble. Back to Solly's performance, I'd say 'good' would be stretching it a bit though. None of them can come out of it with their reputations enhanced apart from possibly Elliot who once again made a couple of good saves.

As stated you can't really blame the younger lads, just in my opinion they are not up to the job. Not their fault, just they're thrown into the deep end a bit. The result doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things but the blame must be placed on more established players like Gray, McLeod (both of whom cost over a million but looked like they couldn't score in a brothel), and Spring.
  • Options
    I was expecting defensive changes but I think elsewhere, midfield, that Parky went too far. It was a game we needed to win because results breed confidence whatever competition it is in and as has been pointed out elsewhere we have not won two consecutive games for yonks (Narwich and Wycombe don't count imo). Also we may have drawn Spuds or the Massives in the next round and that would have been much welcomed revenue for the Club. But more than that, we as fans deserve better and if we schleepp all the way to Hereford we should at least see a committed performance from all on the pitch and we didn't get that tonight. I'm with Seth here, we reverted to type for the last twenty minutes against a far inferior Wycombe side and continued in the same vein tonight. Roll on Hartlepool and the O's. Two defeats and Parky is under severe pressure whatever the Boardroom circumstances.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    we lack strength in depth our youngsters dont seem capable of stepping up and for me i will say it again parkinson nice guy not the right man for the job.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: boogica[/cite]we lack strength in depth our youngsters dont seem capable of stepping up and for me i will say it again parkinson nice guy not the right man for the job.
    Is any of the first part of your sentence Parky's fault?
  • Options
    wss whether its his fault or not i dont feel he is the right man for the job we need a stong character in charge as i said he seems like a nice guy maybe to nice ; as for strength in depth i feel our youth system as struggled over the years to produce players to step up a level ok players like shelvey have come through but a club like ours should rely on our youth to save us a few quid but it hasnt really happened who was the last striker to come through our youth system who was anygood it was defoe (prick) ; not blaming parky for our youth system or players in depth i just dont think he is good enough and we badly need a 20 goal as season man.
  • Options
    hardly Parky's fault the youngsters are no good is it!!!!

maybe the scouting system or the youth coaches fault but that's one thing I don't think we can hold Parkinson to blame for!!!
  • Options
    never said it was his fault still dont think he is the right man for the job .
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: kinveachyaddick[/cite]hardly Parky's fault the youngsters are no good is it!!!!

maybe the scouting system or the youth coaches fault but that's one thing I don't think we can hold Parkinson to blame for!!!
    But he picks the team. I like that we're loyal supporters, but the buck stops with the manager. He will be judged on results (someday).
  • Options
    WTF....reading the forum this morning I'm beginning to wonder if ANYTHING is Parkinsons responsibility. It's already established that Waggott is merely an administrator who makes no decisions, and now it seems that Parkinson does little more than decide the squad numbers, and make substitutes when players need to be changed.
    We were drawn away at Hereford United a long time ago, we knew we would face a competitive match, and 300+ loyal souls took the trouble to follow Phil Parkinsons Charlton Athletic there, and he presided over an exit from the competition. In my view it is down to him to take the responsibility for the results....'my hands are tied', 'indifferent performances', 'everybody can see we need bodies in' are some of his quotes...he is supposed to be the manager, we were supposed to have a positive will win attitude to the Hereford game...the result was ANOTHER defeat, and more depression, the next thing we'll hear is there weren't enough Charlton fans there, or we haven't sold enough season tickets or some other guff...Parkinson was the manager, we lost, his responsibility, end of.
  • Options
    seth do you really think that with a different manager and the same team last night that we would have won?
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]seth do you really think that with a different manager and the same team last night that we would have won?

My main point is that Parkinson must take responsibility, if you read the thread from folk who went (unlike me) you will detect the frustration of lack of desire, organisation and structure which I'd have thought a manager can influence, and we knew we were playing this game ages ago, so a signal regarding what was expected from the team could have been communicated to the players by the/a manager. Last nights team was presumably selected by Parkinson....I can only think because the goat was indisposed.
  • Options
    Is that a yes or a no? :-)