Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Palace fans embarrassing themselves again

Comments

• Options
    I wouldn't want any club to go bust - let's face it, despite being comedy gold on so many levels, they have fans that are fans for the same reason many of us support Charlton; Family ties, place of birth, new locations etc. etc. 

So lets not wish they go bust.

Lets hope they suffer the same fate as our last few years but with bells on, until such time as their local derby is Croydon Athletic and out of ironic desperation they revert to Claret and Blue and call themselves The Glaziers. Please let it happen...

Same. Only club I would wish that on is MK cons
    i don't see a lot of difference between MK Dons and Asenal and Milwall to be honest - all 3 upped sticks from their origins thinking it would be better elsewhere - only difference is they didn't change their names - all 3 are basically deserters though  
  • Options
    bobmunro said:
    I wouldn't want any club to go bust - let's face it, despite being comedy gold on so many levels, they have fans that are fans for the same reason many of us support Charlton; Family ties, place of birth, new locations etc. etc. 

Lets hope they suffer the same fate as our last few years but with bells on, until such time as their local derby is Croydon Athletic and out of ironic desperation they revert to Claret and Blue and call themselves The Glaziers. Please let it happen...

I agree, with one exception - Palace.
    Totally 
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:

i don't see a lot of difference between MK Dons and Asenal and Milwall to be honest - all 3 upped sticks from their origins thinking it would be better elsewhere - only difference is they didn't change their names - all 3 are basically deserters though  
    Woolwich Arsenal changed their name.  Millwall Rovers changed to Millwall Athletic and then Millwall.  

So, if you're looking for an example of a club that moved in, thinking it would be better elsewhere, but that kept their name, look no further than Charlton Athletic.  Who did it at least three times. 
  • Options
    Chizz said:
    DOUCHER said:

Woolwich Arsenal changed their name.  Millwall Rovers changed to Millwall Athletic and then Millwall.  

So, if you're looking for an example of a club that moved in, thinking it would be better elsewhere, but that kept their name, look no further than Charlton Athletic.  Who did it at least three times. 
    who's side r u on...? the club made some temporary errors but the fans always knew where home was and returned - not like this trio of nomads 
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    Chizz said:
    DOUCHER said:

who's side r u on...? the club made some temporary errors but the fans always knew where home was and returned - not like this trio of nomads 
    in fact , you've just proved there is no difference with them 3 - mk dons are the modern version of millwall and arsenal   
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    Chizz said:
    DOUCHER said:

Intent was the same - we are a disgrace.

PS thank god the 1970's plan to move Charlton Athletic to Milton Keynes didn't happen eh?
  • Options
    edited February 6
    Palace didn’t care when they went into administration and never paid back a lot of local suppliers etc, so don’t see why we and other football fans should care if they go out of business one day. 
    Knocked the St John's ambulance didn't they?

Edit.. actually just read about it and fair play to their fans actually who fundraised the whole debt and paid it after the club knocked them.
  • Options

Just seems like they sack managers just before it turns into an absolute disaster. De Boer was the funniest in recent years , absolutely no idea why Parrish ever thought that was going to work , Viera they didn't win for weeks (might not have even had a shot in his last 2 games???)

Roy will just about keep them up (more because of other teams being bad and possibly more FFP sanctions) and then they'll probably finish 16th next season under Cooper after selling Eze and Olise. Even if it was Leicester, Southampton and Leeds that came up who I think could hold their own with a few additions, Palace would find a way to scrape safety. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It's pity they haven't started the development of Selhurst Park. That would be a big burden if they were to be relegated.
  • Options
    More good news. Olise is expected to be out for up to 2 months after aggravating his hamstring injury at the weekend.

Eze and Guehi are also injured although it's not currently known for how long.
    Bringing Olise on when he already had a hamstring issue, and making it much worse is such a Charlton/Aneke thing to do.
  • Options

W A N K E R S!!!!

• Options
    don't have twitter/X so hoping this works... 

https://x.com/FootballAddick/status/1616401489060319232?s=20
    So odd. Making a chant about one of their own getting a kicking?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Going to a game with a good seat behind the goal and turning your back to the action is very strange. That's before you start on the cub camp chant.
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Chizz said:
    DOUCHER said:

in fact , you've just proved there is no difference with them 3 - mk dons are the modern version of millwall and arsenal   
    Incomparable imo. MK Dons effectively were a new club who bought another club’s league’s position. It was very clever but wholly wrong.

• Options
    Considering the problems that we have had with owners for well over a decade now, we perhaps should have more sympathy for our Incel neighbours from Surrey. For 10 years now they have had to tolerate proprietors who have kept them in the top flight but not got them any further and just this January they only invested £22m in one player without giving any cast iron guarantees of winning the Champions League.

I suggest the hard done by fans take a leaf out of our book, where we had CARD perhaps they could set up their own supporters action group. I think Crystal Ultras Not Taking Shit ha a good ring to it but would work better as an acronym. They should get a banner printed up, don their retro shirts and proudly display the banner under Richard Brandon’s company name on their old kits.
    Mods, the supporters action group name deserves 2 promotes

#justsaying
  • Options
    Made up club, in a made up town. Something about MK, I just loathe the whole concept, town and team.
  • Options

Going to a game with a good seat behind the goal and turning your back to the action is very strange. That's before you start on the cub camp chant.
    And to think they moved existing season ticket holders out of those seats to accommodate these dickheads too!