Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Should we ever play other clubs "behind closed doors"?

edited August 2009 in General Charlton
How would you feel if Charlton decided to close the ground to all fans when we play Millwall?

Comments

• how would you feel if charlton played their remaining home games in aberdeen?
  • [cite]Posted By: ThreadKiller[/cite]how would you feel if charlton played their remaining home games in aberdeen?
    Not sure that's entirely relevant
  • [cite]Posted By: Chizz[/cite]How would you feel if Charlton decided to close the ground to all fans when we play Millwall?

I'd have the hump - i'm back for Christmas and this is one of the only games I'll see.
  • I'd like to watch it from a lock-in at The Oak!
  • we should play millwall at a neutral venue (upton park) behind close doors
  • Don't panic. It's Charlton v Millwall, not West Ham v Millwall. As unpleasant as they may be, we aren't the same appeal. Yes there will be some idiots looking for trouble but we won't get the numbers without tickets attracted to Upton Park and I suspect we'll hear that it was West Ham fans who caused most of the trouble. We will out-number them 5-1. Tin helmets may be required for the New Den however if you choose to go.
  • Thats it, stupidest post of the year so far. ffs get a grip!!
  • All this palarva and panic,

no it shouldnt be behind closed doors
    Silly comment
  • Millwall hate the hamsters much more than us and although it will be bad when they come over, it won't be anything like tonight.
  • wat a load of bollocks, yes it willk be bad but this is a bit extreme

Lets just hope the police round our ground learn from this and is a tightly run thing, this is a game i would love to go to and unlike the scum millwall not for the violence the fact is a derby and should be a excellent atmosphere. dont punish charlton fans when we have done nothing and would be penalising the team playing behind closed doors wat a joke!
  • Sponsored links:

• I was wondering earlier if we will sell out our allocation at The Den, what allocation can we get? It's been so long.
  • As soon as we got relegated every Millwall fan I know started going on about the 19th. I would put money on a crowd of knobheads tuning up and kicking off outside the ground regardless of whether they can get into the ground or not. Anyone who doesn't think Millwall are going to kick off is an idiot.
  • whvmill.gif

The bloke in the suit skipping away. :D
  • no way, we play at The Valley and give them the away end and you take your chances. It will be moved to a morning kick off and my beting most beer shops will be "asked" by OB to open 6PM ish.

their old loons wont be to up for it as his Reverand has said above , but its their middle years and yoof who will cause all the problems.
  • is that bryan gunn skipping off in the suit?
  • edited August 2009
    harry hills there in a blue cardy/jacket and white shirt doing a small skip as well
  • [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]harry hills there in a blue cardy/jacket and white shirt doing a small skip as well

Lol -West Ham fans still don't know how to do the Conga.....
  • [cite]Posted By: C.Walsh'sLoveChild[/cite]is that bryan gunn skipping off in the suit?

On his invisible horse.
  • edited August 2009
    Who was caught texting while driving?
  • Pitch invasion, this will get messy now.
  • Sponsored links:

• No definitely not.
  • Definately not....we want them to rearrange the south stand (Jimmy Seed in new money),
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Solidgone[/cite]Definately not....we want them to rearrange the south stand (Jimmy Seed in new money),[/quote]

I think this is sensible, by the time the Millwa*k game comes round, we should have new owners meaning that when they wreck the Jimmy Seed, we can build a huge stand complete with the corners filled in :0)
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: WestStandCookie[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: Solidgone[/cite]Definately not....we want them to rearrange the south stand (Jimmy Seed in new money),[/quote]

I think this is sensible, by the time the Millwa*k game comes round, we should have new owners meaning that when they wreck the Jimmy Seed, we can build a huge stand complete with the corners filled in :0)[/quote]

Why don't we take out the seats before hand,save a bit of cash.
  • How, exactly, do you play in front of a lockout?
  • To be fair once we've scored the third in the first 20 min must their fans will have left the ground anyways and dispersed back home by the end of the game
  • Good point, surely it would be "play behind closed doors" ??
  • From the pictures I've seen it was 90% West Ham fans causing the trouble.
  • [cite]Posted By: Exiled_Addick[/cite]From the pictures I've seen it was 90% West Ham fans causing the trouble.
    Yes, but we're not playing them
  • If we were in the Prem, and playing West Ham (who caused most of the bother, and where the game was taking place), would we be suggesting closed doors. No? Well that's the answer. This used to happen at a lot of matches, all a lot of bollocks, IMO.