Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jake Forster-Caskey - another ACL injury (p6)

12346»

Comments

• Options
    Sad to see him go. Can't help feeling he could still do a good job for us - better than many we still have.
    A fully fit and prime JFC absolutely could, but is he able to reach that level after some bad luck with injuries? 
    He's not managed to get into the team and I guess it's best and fairest for everyone that he's given a fresh start.
  • Options
    Sad to see him go. Can't help feeling he could still do a good job for us - better than many we still have. 
    Easy to say whilst he's not playing
  • Options
    Good luck Jake been good player for us shame about the injuries. Your probably be back playing in division 3 next season. While we’re in division 4 unless the wages we’ve saved get some really good loans players and free transfers in. 
  • Options
    Stevenage now have JFC pulling the strings or hamstrings while his midfield partner Gilbey goes missing. Groundhog Day.
  • Options
    It's a shame it has ended this way. Our longest serving senior player. He's someone I've liked since watching him play for England at U17 level with Jordan Cousins (amongst others). Felt he had a wand of a left peg. I was really excited when we signed him, and he was excellent for us under Robinson.

Obviously the injuries have been really difficult, and it's hard to come back from two cruciates. But the idea that we swapped. McGrandles for him really rankles given that McGrandles joined coming off an injury, and given how little he's played since.

I find it a damming indictment of the club that they weren't better able to help him come back from injury this time (though to be fair, they did stick by him while he was injured).

Again, the way it all ends is a shame. Best of luck JFC. I think it's very possible that with a little match fitness, he'll be back in League One next season. 
  • Options
    I do hope it wasn't a case of McGrandles being seen as better than JFC... Even injured he was better than McGrandlies. 
  • Options
    JFK will be back at the Valley next season it would seem with Stevenage.
  • Options
    JFK will be back at the Valley next season it would seem with Stevenage.
    Looking at his statistics since he left, he has only been in the starting XI 29% and has only played 40% of the minutes he has been available.

So will be interesting to see what role he plays next year. 
  • Options
    Another one of our gems who moves and is hardly a first team player, even at a level below.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 22
    Kin hell Jake... He needs to stop walking down the road, passing under every ladder and kicking every black cat he comes across - All the best to him for this latest setback, wondered why he wasnt in the squad against us
  • Options
    Jeez - that's harsh, maybe time to look into the coaching side of things.

best of luck Jake
  • Options
    Such a shame for him. On his day he was a lovely footballer. 
  • Options
    Another in the group of would be playing a higher level if not for the injuries. A real shame, hope he pulls through 
  • Options
    I liked the way he was always trying  to play good football with the ball on the ground. No hoof ball for him.

Good luck Jake, hope you pull through this OK.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Best wishes to a decent bloke 
  • Options
    Gutted to hear this. All the best to him.
  • Options
    I've no doubt that if he had been injury free we would not have seen him in a Charlton shirt. Hope some one gives him a chance to start coaching. 
  • Options
    I've no doubt that if he had been injury free we would not have seen him in a Charlton shirt. Hope some one gives him a chance to start coaching. 
    Didn’t the injuries happen in a Charlton shirt?
  • Options
    Wishing him all the best.
  • Options
    Didn’t the injuries happen in a Charlton shirt?
    First happened at Brighton I believe.