Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Kent Cricket 2024

Comments

• Options
    Leach just imperiously cover drove Stewart for 4 although Stewart must be knackered.
  • Options
    edited May 18
    Somerset all out 554. Gregory c Crawley b Evison 77. Leach not out 21.

Evison 3-92, Stewart 3-129, Swanepoel 2-95, Gilchrist 1-85, Garrett 1-56, O'Riordan 0-93 off 15 overs.
  • Options
    You just know that we'll be 20-2 following that, and struggling to get a decent first innings score.
  • Options
    You just know that we'll be 20-2 following that, and struggling to get a decent first innings score.
    0-0 at the moment but yet to receive a ball.
  • Options
    Golden duck for Crawley 8-1.
  • Options
    Crawley lbw v Overton 0
  • Options
    Off for rain.

Well done Fanny!!!
  • Options
    Depressing reading the gloating from Somerset fans on the stream chat. 

They seem to have worked out that Kent are rubbish.
  • Options
    At least we're not as bad as Leics. Gloucestershire have scored 706-7 declared against them, their record high score!
  • Options
    I was ridiculously pessimistic. We actually reached 28 before losing our second wicket.

Now 55-3  :#
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Make that 94-4. 

Compton gone.

We really are poor, aren't we.
  • Options
    100 up for Kent. 
    Have that Somerset
  • Options
    305 to make them bat again.
  • Options
    I assume we will have to wait until Crawley plays for England to watch him score properly 
  • Options
    102-5

Since we returned to Div 1, we've consistently failed to get decent batting bonus points. If we do score runs, it's so often in the second innings
  • Options
    At least we're not as bad as Leics. Gloucestershire have scored 706-7 declared against them, their record high score!

Watched Leicestershire the other week against Sussex and their bowling attack looked absolutely dreadful. Sussex put up 694 
  • Options
    With 78 extras
  • Options
    Stewart said:
    With 78 extras
    Are you planning to take in any limited over games ar Canterbury this season, Stewart ? 
  • Options
    Stewart said:
    With 78 extras
    Are you planning to take in any limited over games ar Canterbury this season, Stewart ? 
    Hi, haven’t picked out a game yet but plan on coming down for a T20 game. 

Going Surry at the oval on the 7th July 
  • Options
    Stewart said:
    With 78 extras
    I'm sure Grant is expecting to play in a few of them!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited May 18
    Stewart said:
    With 78 extras
    I'm sure Grant is expecting to play in a few of them!
    Pleased to see him get wickets at last.

Feel he always gives 100%.
  • Options
    Like many I suspect, I haven't been paying too much attention to the game given our showing to date. 178 all out on this deck really is pitiful. That said, we will hopefully learn from it and make a better fist of things following on. Currently 40-0 off 10 which must be one of our biggest opening partnerships this season! 
  • Options
    Pathetic first innings
  • Options

Back at Taunton for day three. Thought it would be good to see Kent batting. Not disappointed ... only lunchtime and I've already seen eight of them bat 🤔
  • Options
    Crawley must have read my mail above comment 🤣
  • Options
    Ton up for Crawley and an undefeated opening partnership of 178

Crawley    103* (135)
    Compton    63* (91)
  • Options
    So we've succeeded in exactly matching our first innings score without losing a wicket this time round!
  • Options
    Calling that as Kent's afternoon tho shame to lose Compton so close to tea. Didn't look overly pleased with the decision 🤔
  • Options
    Is there any other team which has such an imbalance between 1st and 2nd innings scores than Kent?