Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Kent Cricket 2024

Comments

• Options
    Kent now lead by 1! Crawley 230*
  • Options
    378-2 D B-D lbw b Leach 62. O'Riordan next man in.
  • Options
    Kent effectively 2-2
  • Options
    384-3 O'Riordan lbw b Leach 4.

Is middle and off the best guard?
  • Options
    Crawley gone for 238. 399-4.
  • Options
    edited May 19
    Crawley c Rew b Pretorius 238
  • Options
    Gilchrist in as nightwatchman.
  • Options
    400 up: 403-4
  • Options
    edited May 19
    409-5 Gilchrist b Pretorius 8

409-5 at the close as this was the last over and they went off at the fall of the wicket leaving 2 balls unbowled.
  • Options
    Down to Denly to hold it together tomorrow. We need to bat as long as possible to avoid defeat. We are only 33 ahead so effectively 33-5.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    378-1 to 409-5 has just about killed us
  • Options
    Great contributions from Crawley, Compton, DBD and Denly today. A hugely enjoyable day (especially compared to Friday) even allowing for the final hour. When Zak plays like that hard to think of anyone I'd rather be watching 
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Oh I should have gone to the sodding Oval after all
    Passed by a Surrey fan on the way to the game a few minutes ago. That scoreline has cheered me up!
    As much as it is great news, Worcs are more likely candidates to be below us than Surrey. 
    As it turned out despite being bowled out for 213 in their first innings, Surrey still went on to win by 281 runs  :o
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Oh I should have gone to the sodding Oval after all
    Passed by a Surrey fan on the way to the game a few minutes ago. That scoreline has cheered me up!
    As much as it is great news, Worcs are more likely candidates to be below us than Surrey. 
    As it turned out despite being bowled out for 213 in their first innings, Surrey still went on to win by 281 runs  :o
    Could have been a lot more were it not for a big 9th wicket partnership when Smith and Gibbon decided to swing from the hip which took them from 102-8 to 173-9 and then 231 all out. At one point it was looking like we might win by nearly 400. 

I've been working on a theory the last few years that the side that completes games in 3 days will win the championship. Basically for the last 15 year every team thats won it has gone on a run where they have won multiple games in 3 days. I'm convinced that extra day rest between games enabling players to stay fresh becomes a compounding factor and creates momentum that helps them keep winning. 

Excellent signs for the rey.
  • Options
    I didn't expect Sussex to be topping Div 2 and Yorkshire bottom and winless. That's quite a surprise. 
  • Options
    478-6 lead 102. We need to bat on and on.
  • Options
    Minimum of 74 overs left unless they shake hands but don't see Somerset doing that.

Is Garrett able to bat does anyone know? If not we only have 9 wickets.
  • Options
    Evison lbw b Davey 17 (I think)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Swanepoel in with Joe now.
  • Options
    What would be a competitive lead (for a draw I hasten to add) 
  • Options
    115 isn't enough for sure given the number of overs remaining.

200 might do it if we can get there.
  • Options
    That won't help
  • Options
    Denly going have to put his foot down and put some runs on the board here.

• Options
    494-8 Swanepoel caught in the slips of Pretorius.
  • Options
    They've gone in for lunch.
  • Options
    We're going to lose this sadly. 2 bowling points will be all we get.
  • Options
    We do have someone coming in next who is capable of smashing a few. Stewart and Denly doing so is our only hope.

• Options
    We do have someone coming in next who is capable of smashing a few. Stewart and Denly doing so is our only hope.

Hear hear, AA !