Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Warsaw vs. Charlton - 2nd Jan 2010 - GAME CALLED OFF AT SILLY O CLOCK

WSSWSS
edited December 2009 in General Charlton
Not really squeaky bum time just yet in terms of automatic promotion but by drawing our last 3 games (including two at home in exceptional circumstances) there is added pressure to pick up maximum points from our travels.

It may come to a surprise to many that we sit only 4th in the home league table but a lofty 2nd in the away league table (behind Leeds). Off the top of your head you may think that is the wrong way round, but it isn’t. I checked.

The Soccer AM attributed name of Warsaw could not be more apt for our visit up to the Midlands this weekend with freezing conditions expected but we need everyone to pull their socks up and fight like they did against Swindon and trudge through the mud like at Griffin Park.

Hopefully we will have some more familiarity with the back four this weekend but I only see Dailly coming back into the fold allowing JVS to slot back into the centre of the park with the ever impressive, ever committed Bailey - at the expense of Spring.

I don’t think Frazer or Kelly will be back until Hartlepool at the earliest.

An ineffective appearance from Scott Wagstaff on Saturday may see Jonjo re-introduced to a more compact midfield (although I’ll let uncle tell me different) with the very naughty boy Burton back up front (dependant on dead leg) with Akpo. Although Dicko played very well against Brentford, the nous, stickability and composure of Deon was clearly missing.

Dickson and Wagstaff coming on from the bench, if needed, should be devastating.

Need a win and think we’ll get it. Just. 1-2.

Happy new year and here’s looking forward to a promotion winning 2010.

Comments

• edited December 2009
    2-0

edit:
    To the addicks
  • this'll be a draw.... drawing is the new we're still 5th/2nd
  • stil undefeated....
  • With the determination displayed by the team over the last 2 games, we are definitely going to see a Charlton win :-)

Bailey, Burton and Shelvey, 3-1
  • I predict an abandonment around fifty minutes when one of the braziers is knocked over and the pitch catches fire.
  • [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]I predict an abandonment around fifty minutes when one of the braziers is knocked over and the pitch catches fire.

PMSL
  • [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]I predict an abandonment around fifty minutes when one of the braziers is knocked over and the pitch catches fire.

The Man Utd chairmen play for Walsall ?

*Coat*

(yes, I know its the G..........)
  • Back to winning ways 3-0
  • Real world 2-0 to the polish

That could be an old chestnut

;o)
  • Sponsored links:

• edited December 2009
    We've had a 4-4, a 2-2 and a 1-1 logic suggests we are due a 3-3 so thats my prediction

or a 0-0 ;)
  • [cite]Posted By: Airman Brown[/cite]The word from Walsall is that there is currently no problem, but minus 6c is expected overnight on Friday-Saturday and they will stage an early pitch inspection on Saturday if required. I can't see it being early enough to stop the coaches setting off, however.
  • Charlton win 3-0. Burton hat-trick.
  • Charlton win, 2-1.
  • Voted Walsall win because I fear our reserve back 4 will struggle.

Very much hope to be proved wrong once again!
  • [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]Voted Walsall win because I fear our reserve back 4 will struggle.

Our reserve back 4 has done okay in the last 2 matches, Len ;o)
  • [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]Voted Walsall win because I fear our reserve back 4 will struggle.

Our reserve back 4 has done okay in the last 2 matches, Len ;o)

I know Oggy. I'm keeping my season long superstition going of predicting a defeat. If we go up I will have played a major role:-)
  • 2-1 charlton, don't forget your passports
  • 2 - 6 with Dickson running riot. Shelvey and Bailey get on the score sheet but Omosuzi score the goal of the game from 35 yards.
  • Sponsored links:

• I expect Dailly back, maybe Richardson too. If not, is Semedo suspended after his Brentford booking ??
  • [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]2 - 6 with Dickson running riot. Shelvey and Bailey get on the score sheet but Omosuzi score the goal of the game from 35 yards.

and Sodje does his best Pringle impression by missing from six inches.
  • Great preview WSS.

Wallsall 0-2 Charlton
  • What ever the result, it will be the ref's fault...
  • [cite]Posted By: Friend Or Defoe[/cite]Great preview WSS.

Wallsall 0-2 Charlton

You've given Walsall as many "L"s as Millwall.

They can both go to "L".
  • Away win.

Burton back and starts with Akpo. I'd give Richardson a recall if he's fit enough - he was rated 50-50 for Boxing Day, so he must be fit by now.
  • 3-1 to us and we'll be there
  • 2-0 bailey andl lera.