Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

why boo

Why were fans booing today.We should be getting behind the team and manager.Why were Reid and Sam taken off, probably firness.

What good could possibly come out of booing the manager. I can see plenty of bad but no good.

Comments

• I've always thought of booing as a completely selfish act.

People do it to make a point and make themselves feel better. But no one else benefits.

Can't stand people who boo in any other than extenuating circumstances.
  • was it not a way for the fans to immediately show the manager their displeasure at what they perceived as an odd move? what is the worst that it would do,make parky do more bizarre stuff just to spite them? if his tactical genius pays off though and we got a couple of goals them he can just mug them off with - wtf do those morons know?
  • Very embarrassed by some of our 'fans' today, god knows what Parky thought of it all. The booing was a real low point for me.
  • Do you think when it's 1-1 at Carrow or Elland Road the fans go out of there way to get on the teams back with 10 minutes to go?
  • It's going to kick off in the NU I fear soon. Very divided up there.
  • I thought some of US......ie CAFC Fans were a disgrace today. Singing "you don't what you're doing" at Parky. That is just wrong. Modern Footy Fans are so fickle.
    We were poor today, of course we were, but that has been the exception not the rule.

Could some of the North Stand please grow up

I will get slaughtered for this but it needs to stop....WE ARE THIRD.......
  • I dont boo myself but what other way can fans show their displeasure at the crap being produced at the moment?

....cannot understand why Reid was taken off and Mooney stayed on. Reid was terrorising their full-back and was putting plenty of good crosses in, so im not buying the whole fitness excuse. Second game in a row where PP's subs have completely baffled me.
  • I was going to start this thread if you didn't. Been annoying me the whole way home.

I ended up shouting my mouth off at the ''booers'' at the final whistle calling people all kinds of things, fucking pathetic to be booing. I agree with WSS it really is going to kick off.

So pissed off tonight with some of our fans yet again. 'You don't know what your doing' what a fucking joke. Who are these people. Like to see them not spend a penny and compete with the top 2 this season. What good is booing going to do ? honestly?

Also, i heard a couple of morons trying to start a 'your support is fucking shit' chants, my guess is that they weren't at Tranmere.
  • [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]I dont boo myself but what other way can fans show their displeasure at the crap being produced at the moment?
    Because it has a negative affect on the team. Look how Norwich fans reacted after they pulled one back against us and what the final result was.

Show your displeasure after the game.
  • [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]Do you think when it's 1-1 at Carrow or Elland Road the fans go out of there way to get on the teams back with 10 minutes to go?

yes they probably do,don't think we are the only club to do it.

With regards to it kicking off where all them lot stand up,i will piss myself laughing it will be handbags at 10 paces with them lot.
  • Sponsored links:

• In the NU, some utter morons in there, would prefer gates to drop and these pathetic 'fans' stop coming.
  • Just what do people think Booing achieves? does it help the team? no it does not, we should be getting behind them making ourselves the 12th man, what sickens me is Shelvey getting boos which I have heard, for god sakes grow up he is a kid of 17.....
  • [cite]Posted By: PeteF[/cite]Just what do people think Booing achieves? does it help the team? no it does not, we should be getting behind them making ourselves the 12th man, what sickens me is Shelvey getting boos which I have heard, for god sakes grow up he is a kid of 17.....

exactly, so true.
  • [cite]Posted By: CHG[/cite]In the NU, some utter morons in there, would prefer gates to drop and these pathetic 'fans' stop coming.

And folk wonder why some fans prefer The West Upper....you wouldn't get me in The North Upper nowadays.

Oh yeah I forgot, some would have it that your not a real fan unless you sit in The North Stand.
  • IMO booing is embarrasing cos a full grown man shouldnt be making those kind of noises. Leave that to 6 year old girls at a pantomime.
    However, some of the comments i heard being shouted out were spot on. I shouted at Mooney a couple of times and the guy in front gave me a really dirty look.I didnt bite but are we at a stage now where we cant show displeasure at players not earning their dollar?
  • Agree it doesn't help anyone.

One point I heard someone shout "make a change Parky", forgetting we had used our 3 subs.

I can understand the frustration but booing won't help, neither will making players scapegoats or "you don't know what you're doing."

Was clear to everyone including Parky that Reid was doing well, Parky makes mistakes but I'm sure he'd have kept Reid on if he could.
  • Exactly. I love that a thick fan thinks he can see stuff Parky can't, or are in a better position to make a judgement call. Baffles me.
  • so si im a thicko am i.can you tell me why he continues to play sam when it's obvious he cant be arsed.
  • [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]IMO booing is embarrasing cos a full grown man shouldnt be making those kind of noises. Leave that to 6 year old girls at a pantomime.
    However, some of the comments i heard being shouted out were spot on. I shouted at Mooney a couple of times and the guy in front gave me a really dirty look.I didnt bite but are we at a stage now where we cant show displeasure at players not earning their dollar?

There's a difference though Gaz between, shouting things about a player i.e 'just get it in early Sam' and booing a side in the top 3 having only lost 3 times in 28.
  • They're entitled to their opinions, they pay their money etc but booing during the game is counter-productive.

I agree with booing at the end of the game to let the manager know how you feel.

Parky is not doing a good job, the board have fucked it up, the club is going through a rough time......it is not the fans fault, they are entitled to show their feelings.
  • Sponsored links:

• I would be interested to hear PP's reason for bringing off Reid. Their fb was blowing out of his arse when reid was going past him, so i think maybe we could have got another 10 mins out of him. But like you say, PP is in contact with his players, im not!
  • Kyel Reid stared for the Addicks after completing his loan switch from Sheffield United on Friday and the winger impressed on the left flank before making way for substitute Leon McKenzie.

His withdrawl didn't go down well with the Addicks faithful but Parkinson explained: "Kyel did really well. At half-times his calves were tightening up but I told him to give us another 15 minutes. He did terrifically well for us but I thought he was just starting to flag and I need to protect him as he's with us for the rest of the season.

"We've been missing a natural left-footer out there. I told him to do what he does best which is running down the outside and getting crosses in the box. He had some good moments today. If you're a midfield player and you've got a target like that out wide it's a good one to hit.”
  • [cite]Posted By: milne[/cite] Singing "you don't what you're doing" at Parky. That is just wrong. Modern Footy Fans are so fickle.

fickle ? I have been saying since his initial appointment that he doesn't know what he's doing and I still stand by that. Today's subs were bizarre. Replace Reid ? Why, he was probably the best of a bad bunch up till then. Leave Mooney on ? You are having a laugh Parky, even those who like Mooney could see he was having another mare. MacKenzie for Mooney and Waggy for Sam should have been the changes. Once again Parky has shown he is not up to it, even him thinking Mooney is a striker is worrying in itself.
  • SiSi
    edited January 2010
    [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]so si im a thicko am i.can you tell me why he continues to play sam when it's obvious he cant be arsed.
    Didn't say you were a thicko Steve, unless you think that the term 'a thick fan' applies to you.

I would suggest it's because Sam is someone who can create something out of nothing (even when playing poorly), and when you need goals, a player like that is useful to have on the pitch.

Either way, every time Parky is questioned about decisions - in post match interviews, at fan meetings - he illustrates that considerable thought and sensible reasoning is behind every decision he makes. I bet if you asked him about Sam, he would give you a reply that you would be happy with. If you think you are in a better qualified position than Parky to make the call, or that Parky needs his attention drawn to a particular issue, then you're being a bit naive imo.

EDIT: A point that has just been proven regarding his explanation for taking off Reid.
  • [cite]Posted By: Si[/cite]Exactly. I love that a thick fan thinks he can see stuff Parky can't, or are in a better position to make a judgement call. Baffles me.

just because we are fans doesn't mean we can't see the bleeding obvious. I'd bet Parky was the only person in the ground that would have taken Reid off same as he was the only person who would have left the hapless Mooney on, unless YOU agreed with those decisions. I'd even chuck in his reluctance to give Waggy a game ahead of Sam, might give Lloyd the kick up the arse that he needs.
  • I don't pay good money to listen to moronic comments and booing during a game.
  • [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Si[/cite]Exactly. I love that a thick fan thinks he can see stuff Parky can't, or are in a better position to make a judgement call. Baffles me.

just because we are fans doesn't mean we can't see the bleeding obvious. I'd bet Parky was the only person in the ground that would have taken Reid off same as he was the only person who would have left the hapless Mooney on, unless YOU agreed with those decisions. I'd even chuck in his reluctance to give Waggy a game ahead of Sam, might give Lloyd the kick up the arse that he needs.
    Large, there's a quote up a bit in the thread where Parky explains why he took Reid off!

And it proves my point: he makes informed decisions, whereas some fans generally don't. Obviously Reid was our best player, but when he came off it was obvious (to me, at least) that there must have been some explanation for it - not that Parky didn't agree he was playing well! ffs
  • [cite]Posted By: Si[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]so si im a thicko am i.can you tell me why he continues to play sam when it's obvious he cant be arsed.
    Didn't say you were a thicko Steve, unless you think that the term 'a thick fan' applies to you.

I would suggest it's because Sam is someone who can create something out of nothing (even when playing poorly), and when you need goals, a player like that is useful to have on the pitch.

Either way, every time Parky is questioned about decisions - in post match interviews, at fan meetings - he illustrates that considerable thought and sensible reasoning is behind every decision he makes. I bet if you asked him about Sam, he would give you a reply that you would be happy with. If you think you are in a better qualified position than Parky to make the call, or that Parky needs his attention drawn to a particular issue, then you're being a bit naive imo.

considerable thought maybe, sensible reasoning I'm not so sure.
  • [cite]Posted By: JT[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]IMO booing is embarrasing cos a full grown man shouldnt be making those kind of noises. Leave that to 6 year old girls at a pantomime.

There's a difference though Gaz between, shouting things about a player i.e 'just get it in early Sam' and booing a side in the top 3 having only lost 3 times in 28.

I agree JT, thats why i dont boo. I do shout and groan when people arent pulling their weight tho. frustration more than anything.
  • totally agree large i like mooney but he hasn't been the same player since the injury