Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

why boo

Comments

• Options
    This is football, not a definable service like an internet provider, there are a lot of differing factors that affect individual and the teams performance, and one of them is the fans..... booing and abusing players can only affect things negatively , look at last season as an example........
  • Options
    STEVE, he is asking you HOW IT HELPS. Not asking you why you do it.

Do you think it makes the team play better? Do you think it increases or decreases the chances of playing better?

Because if you think it decreases it (as I do), then still booing anyway just because 'i paid my money i can do what i want' is a bit silly, don't you think? Unless you're more bothered about venting your feelings than Charlton winning.
  • Options
    Mate booing your own team and screaming abuse is not wanted and totally counter productive.....

I stand by my original comments, if your not gonna support the team then your affecting them negatively and your actually creating problems for the team, and hence not flippin wanted..
  • Options
    dont talk crap we got relegated last year because the players were shit nothing to do with the fans christ almighty
    mascot you dont have a bloody clue.So it's the fans fault we got relegated,well shall we all stay away, the only result then would be oblivion.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]dont talk crap we got relegated last year because the players were shit nothing to do with the fans christ almighty
    mascot you dont have a bloody clue.So it's the fans fault we got relegated,well shall we all stay away, the only result then would be oblivion.
    Steve, are you avoiding the question because you know you can't answer it? Do you think booing helps the team perform better?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Si[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: mascot88[/cite]negativity breeds negativity....

It can only achieve bad things..... you think players are gonna play for you more if you abuse them and boo them.... gt real...

If i provide a bad service in my employment then my customers have every right to shout at me. Just cos there footballers doesnt mean they should be wrapped in cotton wool.
    But we're not talking about wrapping them in cotton wool for their sake. We're not saying they don't DESERVE to be booed, we're saying that booing doesn't achieve anything.

are we saying that they did deserve to be booed,but actually booing them though deserving and justified just doesn't achieve anything?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ThreadKiller[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: mascot88[/cite]negativity breeds negativity....

It can only achieve bad things..... you think players are gonna play for you more if you abuse them and boo them.... gt real...

If i provide a bad service in my employment then my customers have every right to shout at me. Just cos there footballers doesnt mean they should be wrapped in cotton wool.
    But we're not talking about wrapping them in cotton wool for their sake. We're not saying they don't DESERVE to be booed, we're saying that booing doesn't achieve anything.

are we saying that they did deserve to be booed,but actually booing them though deserving and justified just doesn't achieve anything?
    I don't believe they deserved it, but yes is the answer to your question. Because booing just makes things worse, and nobody wants that, right?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]dont talk crap we got relegated last year because the players were shit nothing to do with the fans christ almighty
    Steve, are you avoiding the question because you know you can't answer it? Do you think booing helps the team perform better?

alright si if it doesn't help the team perform better how does it make them play worse.So i pay my money get served up shite and i am supposed to say tally ho chaps never mind.As i said before i dont boo i think its a stupid noise,anyone that does boo it's up to them they have paid there dosh and can do as they please.I don't like people coming on here tellin me what i can and cant do who DONT BLOODY GO TO THE GAMES THEMSELVES!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]
    if they play well i tell them so if they play shite i tell them...

But why on Earth do you want to? Do you honestly believe that someone who's playing shite doesn't know it, or are you some modern day Mr Demotivator who genuinely thinks that they way to get people to improve is to undermine them?
  • Options
    BECOZ I PAY MY MONEY AND HAVE DONE FOR THE LAST 30 YEARS AND WILL CONTINUE TO DO SO.IF YOU DONT LIKE IT TOUGH I DONT GIVE A TOSS WHAT YOU THINK
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]...I DONT GIVE A TOSS WHAT YOU THINK

Oh but you do, otherwise you wouldn't be getting all stroppy with the caps lock. Don't like it when you're criticised do you Steve?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]

alright si if it doesn't help the team perform better how does it make them play worse.
    Is that a serious question?

You can do what you want Steve, but if it's detrimental to the club (and also a bit silly), then expect people to tell you about it - especially if you try and justify it.
  • Options
    Its called supporting your team, its called taking it on the chin, for us that means taking it on the chin again and again, but never the less..... thats what supporting charlton is about some times....

You dont abuse your own team, you dont boo your own team....its counter productive.... as fans we are supposed to help not fricken hurt the players... and I havnt got a clue....
  • Options
    DONT GIVE A FECK MATE IM NOT A COMPUTER ORIENTATED PERSON.IF I START POSTING SOMETHING WITH CAPSLOCK ON I WILL CARRY ON IF IT AINT ON I WILL CARRY ON.DONT BOTHER ME IT SAYS THE SAME THING.
  • Options
    I personally think booing should be saved if the team CLEARLY hasn't given a 100%, I'm fully against booing indivduals during the game for doing a bad thing or two because sometimes it cannot just go for players indivdually but when the team doesn't try then I think it needs to be dished out. Now I'm sorry but if we can't beat a poor team at home like Tranmere then clearly not everyone is trying to the best of capabilities. The decision to take off Kyel Reid did seem like a strange one as he was our most threatening player today and unfortunately people's perceptions are that if someone isn't clearly hobbling and struggling like Elliot was today then it has to be tactical which is why myself and many others booed the decision because lets face it throughtout the years we have had managers, Curbs in particular making very strange substitutions. Granted unfortunately a lot of Charlton fans are idiots and I believe it could be a majority that do stupid things like boo Shelvey who does try but is just a kid and as result does try to do too much sometimes.

Focusing on today's performance I think it is clear we desperately need to sign another striker, I don't want to bang on too much about McLeod again as everyone knows I am a big defender of his and I accept he has gone out on loan and probably blown his chances completely of making it here but Parky said we sent out McLeod so Mooney could come in. Now I'm not Mooney's biggest fan but I do admire his workrate and positioning but I think he is too similar to Burton and if we get Akpo back I don't see that much point in him being here over McLeod so I wonder if anyone here disagrees with Parky's thinking because I certainly think that McLeod could of made a difference today.

Regardless I'm still confident we will go up though it might be through the harder play-off route, I still maintain that player for player we do have the strongest squad in the league. We can still make the automatic spots but we have to stop these lapses and the players need to beat these lesser teams.
  • Options
    DONT PREACH TO ME ABOUT SUPPORTING THE CLUB AS I DID HOME AND AWAY EVERY WEEK WHILST WE WERE AT SHITHURST AND UPTON PARK AND SPENT EVERY BLOODY PENNY I HAD IN MY SAVINGS ON THE VALLEY IMVESTMENT PLAN.I HAVE EARNT EVERY RIGHT TO HAVE MY OPINION WHEN THE PLAYERS PUT AS MUCH EFFORT INTO THE CLUB AS I HAVE WE WILL BE IN A MUCH BETTER POSITION IN THE FOOTBALL LADDER
  • Options
    AS I SAID I DONT BOO IT'S A SILLY NOISE
  • Options
    we are thrid division, one of the things you will in this league is inconsistency.... and we have been that this year, and we are still thrid, a decent win will get some confidence back, BUT a toxic Valley, and the fans getting on the back of the players IS NOT GOING TO HELP ANYONE!!!

Toughen up and do your bit, take it on the chin if we dont beat people we should, we are third division.... a couple of wins and we will be feeling better....
  • Options
    Oh good, another row.
  • Options
    Steve, none of our players will put as much commitmnet as you and many thers have into Charlton.... fact.....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: mascot88[/cite]we are thrid division, one of the things you will in this league is inconsistency.... and we have been that this year, and we are still thrid, a decent win will get some confidence back, BUT a toxic Valley, and the fans getting on the back of the players IS NOT GOING TO HELP ANYONE!!!

Toughen up and do your bit, take it on the chin if we dont beat people we should, we are third division.... a couple of wins and we will be feeling better....

IVE DONE MY BIT THIS SEASON HOW ABOUT YOU MASCOT WHAT YOU DONE,HOW HAVE YOU CONTRIBUTED FINANCIALLY TO OUR GREAT CLUB THIS YEAR ? IF WE ARE RELEGATED I WILL FINANCIALLY SUPPORT THE CLUB AGAIN YEAR UPON YEAR.OVER TO YOU SON
  • Options
    Agree about McLeod another of Parky scrapegoat when the team loses but as never been given a fair run..one thing he as that we are missing is pace...

Answer to why do we boo..it is simple its the only way we can get oyr message across that we the fans are not happy....i challenge anyone on this list to tell me they did not boo or call for less Reed's head at home to Wycombe....see you have to at times becasue put enough into Charlton and deserve to show our feelings when things are not going right
  • Options
    why boo it's a silly noise, i just let the tourettes take over
  • Options
    I'm enjoying that c#nts that revelled in walking out of games previously are spanking on the moral high ground. As a non-boo-er I am happy if other punters are so annoyed by the shite we see that they express it through an odd noise. And if you don't like it fk you.
  • Options
    well we can all start measuring our commitmment to the club and having been going for over 20yrs I think I have a right to voice my opinion...

the simple point I am making is we are their, as fans, to help the players achieve what we all want which is a win.... and hurling abuse is not going to help with that aim.....
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Mortimerician[/cite]I'm enjoying that c#nts that revelled in walking out of games previously are spanking on the moral high ground. As a non-boo-er I am happy if other punters are so annoyed by the shite we see that they express it through an odd noise. And if you don't like it fk you.
    Nice
  • Options
    fans go and watch their team followers dont
  • Options
    pork pie is a fan
  • Options
    I've been to more games than any of you, so I think you'll find that I've got the biggest bollocks and my opinion is the only one worth listening to.

And if anyone disagrees with me they are a ****.

FACT.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]I've been to more games than any of you, so I think you'll find that I've got the biggest bollocks and my opinion is the only one worth listening to.

And if anyone disagrees with me they are a ****.

FACT.

Lol, I think that sums it up :-)