Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

why boo

Comments

• Options
    bear in mind its sunday tommorrow (or today i guess) so that is the end of the week
  • Options
    yeah listen from afar normally finishing at 4am on a sunday morning... since weve fallen trhough the leagues we dont get a lot of coverage.....

so you happy for charlton "supporters" to boo the team of the field and chant abuse at the manager for us sitting in third are you???
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    im happy for them to boo yes but abuse no, booing is the only device supporters have to show their disapproval you cannot go saying "u are not wanted" for them doing that they have a right if they sit there on a freezing cold january afternoon buying overpriced food and drinks watching players that "look like" they dont give a toss we are not idiots we cant just sit and clap at any old sh*t thats served up.
  • Options
    well your entitled to your opinion....
  • Options
    ditto but I would think long and hard before telling any fellow Charlton supporter they are not welcome good night/good morning Mascot
  • Options
    mate Im just scared shitless that I will be listening to us, we will conceeding a corner and the whole crowd turning on the team .... this is a critical season as we all know and obviously our best chance to get out this division, we have been unbeaten at home for 10 months, whichever way you look at that that is very solid stuff, then we lose and then dont beat someone we should off and the boos come out.... were third, that is a very very short thrift for the players.... and lets say you have worked hard but youve had a bad game and suddenly your getting booed, hardly inspiring stuff for the players.....

I suppose all I am doing is Booing you fricken boo boys right back, and its quite clear you lot don't like it either!!!!!!

good night
  • Options
    right mascot new morning , i dont boo as i said last night but everyone is entitled to their opinions you included,but
    what i dont think you have the right to do is to tell people to ferck off and not come back,as the club needs the money and cant afford anyone to feck off.
  • Options
    everyone is entitled to their opinion.....

At this stage maybe I feel a bit too strongly about this, we need everyone pulling and helping, all hands to the pump.....

Ive made my views none, and telling people to F off isnt really on, so I apologise for any offence casued there, I do stand by my views that booing players and staff is hugely counter productive, and we are gearing up to the run in, we need everyone on the same side , not division between club, team, and fans...
  • Options
    NSS never boos he is like me he likes to voice his opinion in a certain manner which at the moment most of us are doing the performances are well below par and the fans are unhappy its human nature so parky sort this shite out.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    All fans are entitled to their opinions and if they really feel booing mid game in a tight home match, or giving up a loud cheer when a talented, but 'confidence' type player gets subbed after a below par performance will help them get what that want - be that 3 points or Parkinson sacked cos they've had it in for him since day 1 then let them get on with. Personally, I've never understood what it's supposed to achieve, and doing it all the time removes any shock factor it might have.

For my part - I've never booed and never will. I've slated a few players down the years, but only ever for what I perceive to be a lack of effort never for trying the right things, but just having them not come off as was happening to Sam a lot yesterday.

What I would say, is when I first started attending CAFC matches regularly, back when we were exiled at Upton park I NEVER heard booing, whatever the result. In fact it was probably 10 or more years before I heard my first mass round of booing. At first it was a rare occurance, then there was a game a couple of years back where the boos rang out at half time and we really turned it around in the second half and went on to win (Sheff Weds at home maybe?). Since then every single slightly below par performance is greeted by boos - basically if we're not winning at half or full time you can guarantee to hear a least a few boos.

Yesterday however took it to an all new level, and frankly I'm sick and tired of it. Even when we play absolute garbage I always come away having at least enjoyed being at the match and doing what I love, which is, watching Charlton win, lose or draw. I hated yesterday afternoon, though, and just left the Valley pissed off and depressed - not because of the performnace but because of the fans and the atmosphere in the second half.

Maybe I'm being a bit melodramatic - but yesterday's shenanigans beared no resembelance to the club I fell in love with back in the late 80s/early 90s and if it's a sign of things to come it'll drive me away from football eventually - I really feel that strongly about it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Exiled_Addick[/cite]All fans are entitled to their opinions and if they really feel booing mid game in a tight home match, or giving up a loud cheer when a talented, but 'confidence' type player gets subbed after a below par performance will help them get what that want - be that 3 points or Parkinson sacked cos they've had it in for him since day 1 then let them get on with. Personally, I've never understood what it's supposed to achieve, and doing it all the time removes any shock factor it might have.

For my part - I've never booed and never will. I've slated a few players down the years, but only ever for what I perceive to be a lack of effort never for trying the right things, but just having them not come off as was happening to Sam a lot yesterday. I've never understood what it's supposed to achieve, and doing it all the time removes any shock factor it might have.

What I would say, is when I first started attending CAFC matches regularly, back when we were exiled at Upton park I NEVER heard booing, whatever the result. In fact it was probably 10 or more years before I heard my first mass round booing. At first it was a rare occurance, then there was a game a couple of years back where the boos rang out at half time and we really turned it around in the second half and went on to win (Sheff Weds at home maybe?). Since then every single slightly below par performance is greeted by boos - basically if we're not winning at half or full time you can guarantee to hear a least a few boos.

Yesterday however took it to an all new level, and frankly I'm sick and tired of it. Even when we play absolute garbage I always come away having at least enjoyed being at the match and doing what I love, which is, watching Charlton win, lose or draw. I hated yesterday afternoon, though, and just left the Valley pissed off and depressed - not because of the performnace but because of the fans and the atmosphere in the second half.

Maybe I'm being a bit melodramatic - but yesterday's shenanigans beared no resembelance to the club I fell in love with back in the late 80s/early 90s and if it's a sign of things to come it'll drive me away from football eventually - I really feel that strongly about it.

I cant understand it, it doesnt compute for me.... why try and derail your own team?/
  • Options
    edited January 2010
  • Options
    If I was a Charlton player I wouldn't give two shits about playing for the moronic hardcore. Parky changes the formation to 4-3-3, taking off the two knackered wingers and gets slated, even though they are the same people who are demanding Sam to be replaced by Waggy anyway. I think the booing was cretinous and the lack of patience shown to the team is potentially season destroying.

It would be interesting to read if one of the players can describe what effect it has on the pitch - uncle could you ask Jonjo if the booing he got against Hartlepool helped his game?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Zinedine Bagheri[/cite]If I was a Charlton player I wouldn't give two shits about playing for the moronic hardcore

So you'd be much like the players we do have.
  • Options
    Exactly.
  • Options
    Does anyone actually have such an inflated sense of self importance that they really think that if they boo a professional athlete he will emotionally crumble ? Do you think he'll go back to his mansion and fall apart ?

I'd imagine there would be one of two reactions, either a) He'll think "whoa-they aren't too happy with me, I'd better buck my ideas up", or b) "boo all they want. I don't give a f**k anyway, I'm off in the summer if we don't go up"

I didn't boo yesterday but I can see why some would. This season is critical for the future of the club. The players for about a month (maybe going back the Millwall game) havent looked bothered. Some of them just look rubbish (Mooney) others have ability and aren't showing it (Sam). If yesterday was a one off then maybe it'd be acceptable but we've been this poor for weeks now. Everyone looked at the fixtures and saw that this run meant we needed to pick up points to give us some breathing space before our run in which is going to be ten times harder than what we've had recentley. We've royally messed it up. We haven't picked up anywhere near the points needed and the players are just not performing to a level which makes me think they might do better against Norwich, Leeds and Colchester than they have against Hartlepool, Orient and Tranmere.
  • Options
    this is still going on??? don't yo people sleep
  • Options
    I think a good example would be to compare this 1-1 draw at home against Tranmere a crappy side we should beat to the the 0-0 at home with Oldham another crappy side we should beat. If you look at both performances against Oldham the players tried their heart out to get a goal, even Youga's acrobatics couldn't get us a goal and when that happened you just had to feel it wasn't our day. But come the final whistle I was pleased with our performances and I would imagine everyone else was because you could clearly see the players trying their best and digging deep to get a result. This didn't happen yesterday however and one too many times Tranmere got through our defense far too easily and if it wasn't for the crossbar could have won the game, I wouldn't have cared about yesterday's draw if we had just shown the same levels we did against Oldham.
  • Options
    What has changed in the month or so between the heroic battling performance with 9 men to get a draw against Swindon and yesterday?
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    booing was as daft as those that stayed to clap that shit off.

Didnt boo shouted and vented as always but last few games have been dire.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]booing was as daft as those that stayed to clap that shit off.

Didnt boo shouted and rented as always but last few games have been dire.
    Agreed. Believe me I was constantly using a variety of expletives and venting my anger but the whole pantomine nature of booing is so immature in my opinion and really achieves nothing.

Unfortunately, it's not just a Charlton thing, I heard the Fulham fans booing a defeat against Villa yesterday. Maybe some of us thought we'd never turn into Spurs or West Ham fans and we have - that's what hurts.

"It's just not Charlton"
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I cant find any record of this fixture against Shrewsbury in Dec 59? I cant find any met office info on how cold it was either? How can you substantiate these points, you are obviously a deluded new supporter lol
  • Options
    I cant find any record of this fixture against Shrewsbury in Dec 59? I cant find any met office info on how cold it was either? How can you substantiate these points, you are obviously a deluded new supporter lol[/quote]

c*ck :) o o o
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: CHOICE Tv[/cite]edit quote# 143
    Sometimes I boo sometimes I don’t, depends on what mood I personally am in at full time. People have to realize you have to let the players know they have been shite otherwise were going to get the same performance week in week out from them. People have ago at the people who boo but at least they are there to the end and haven't left 5-10 minutes before full time like a lot of our fans, why don’t the early walkers get a mention.

Our fans on this forum and on the official website do make me laugh, It seems like so many of our fans think they are Charlton’s number 1 supporter, because they have been going for 50 years and have been to Shrewsbury on a cold December Tuesday night in 1959, and anyone else with an opinion obviously doesn’t know what they are talking about because he or she is only in there teens or 20's. Its brilliant how many times people have to mention how long they have been going for on here during a disagreement. If people just agreed or disagreed on these forums and said their point rather than bringing up how long they have supported Charlton for and how they are the best Charlton supporter in the world, maybe the fans wouldn’t be so divided in the Valley, Every Charlton fan has to start somewhere, lets just be happy were still attracting youngsters, and if you feel they are talking shite, tell them your opinion without running them into the ground and trying to prove your a better supporter then them because you have been going for longer.

I cant find any record of this fixture against Shrewsbury in Dec 59? I cant find any met office info on how cold it was either? How can you substantiate these points, you are obviously a deluded new supporter lol

I've been going for nearly 50 years and I've never read such Sh*te ; )
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: T.C.E[/cite]
    Sometimes I boo sometimes I don’t, depends on what mood I personally am in at full time. People have to realize you have to let the players know they have been shite otherwise were going to get the same performance week in week out from them. People have ago at the people who boo but at least they are there to the end and haven't left 5-10 minutes before full time like a lot of our fans, why don’t the early walkers get a mention.

Our fans on this forum and on the official website do make me laugh, It seems like so many of our fans think they are Charlton’s number 1 supporter, because they have been going for 50 years and have been to Shrewsbury on a cold December Tuesday night in 1959, and anyone else with an opinion obviously doesn’t know what they are talking about because he or she is only in there teens or 20's. Its brilliant how many times people have to mention how long they have been going for on here during a disagreement. If people just agreed or disagreed on these forums and said their point rather than bringing up how long they have supported Charlton for and how they are the best Charlton supporter in the world, maybe the fans wouldn’t be so divided in the Valley, Every Charlton fan has to start somewhere, lets just be happy were still attracting youngsters, and if you feel they are talking shite, tell them your opinion without running them into the ground and trying to prove your a better supporter then them because you have been going for longer.

Do you not believe that this mentality exists?
  • Options
    How best to support the team, that's the key point in this isn't it?
    If we don't get promoted this season ( and maybe even if we do) we could well find ourselves in a similar situation to our friends from south norwood, facing administration and an uncertain future, weaker team probably, no certainty that we will be 3rd this time next season or anywhere near it.
    So this is a vital season for us.
    Over the last few weeks we have lost our way a bit, we can all see that.
    So yesterday lots of people were yelling abuse and booing and would argue that is how we tell the team that we supporters are not happy.
    The fact is both on paper and during the match we could have and should have won that game. We missed key chances.
    But up to recent form we have been in the top two all season.
    In my view people have been far too quick to turn on Parky and the team. We still have it all to play for.
    Generally we boo and taunt the opposition to put them off don't we, to try to make them feel less settled as they play on our territory.
    If we are doing that to our own team, isn't there the real danger that it will have exactly that effect on our lads?
    In the end, doesn't it make it less likely that we will achieve what we want, and that is a confident side that can play for us, the shirt and themselves.
    Now I don't know if what I'm saying is right, but that's how it feels to me.
    We all support a team in different ways and that's as it should be, I just want that support to be the most effective and productive it can be in keeping the club alive and moving forward.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: 3blokes[/cite]How best to support the team, that's the key point in this isn't it?

Excellent post and question. Fortunately the managers notes of nearly ever home and away game I have give the same answer. "get behind the boys". I have yet to find a manager who has written "If you can get on the players backs after about 20 mins and then boo them off at half time and abuse them for the whole of the 2nd half that will make them play much better." When I see a manager asking me to do this maybe i will start booing.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: CHOICE Tv[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: T.C.E[/cite]

Do you not believe that this mentality exists?

Choice, it was a tongue in cheek reply ; )
  • Options
    If I am doing well at work then I expect to be told so by the people who help pay me.

If It's not going well at work then I expect those same people to tell me such.

We see the players once a week so have limited opportunity to offer opinion on their performance and when it good they get applauded but when it's shit they get told.

Booing is a very natural reaction to poor performance from someone who is 100 yards away.

Can't see the problem but then again my rose tinted glasses got broken a few seasons back now.
  • Options
    I suggest that if you're getting booed at work, you should find a new job!